Sponsored

What the Hell is Wrong with Us?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think it's a bit worse, in my opinion. I think he's likely to say whatever he wants as long as it suits his agenda, and that agenda isn't aligned with the average citizen. Even if it's more toward your opinion than mine, imagine the implications of what you just said. He's more concerned with the optics of the virus versus the best course of action for the country.
I understand that you are political about it. I think he tends to try to help the American people more than most politicians.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...ose-risk-transmitting-2019-novel-coronavirus/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ho...-rescind-travel-ban-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

But I'm pretty sure that nothing will change your mind.

No offense take. I understand your position. That said I really thought the mods would have moved it by now. I know it didn't belong in the general forum but the topic is so important and so relevant that I wanted the maximum number of eyes on it. For those who do not like it, don't click on it simple.

I also wasn't looking for anyone to agree or disagree. I do find it amazing the number of members who are taking such a laissez faire attitude about a pandemic. Oh, it's no big deal, we all have to die sometime. But G-D forbid someone scratches their Mustang. We truly live in a f-cked up world.

And by the way, cursing at the mods, not a great idea.
I think most people who have strong immune systems aren't too worried about themselves. Hopefully many of those people already have it and are nearing or have reached immune status. That will eliminate them from being able to spread it in the future. Most of us should try to limit spread as much as we can.

According to Mediabiasfactcheck, AP and Reuters are rated as "least biased", while the BBC earns a left-center bias rating.

Norm
It's hilarious that the AP was rated "least biased".
https://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/5550...trump-more-negative-than-for-other-presidents

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
39 years old and healthy/active. Don't watch TV or play on any normal social media, this forum is a social media as I get. My information comes from those around me at work and I guess here as well as friends/family. Was just told the bldg. I worked at last week before coming here to work in Colorado has a confirmed case of Coronavirus. So from what I've heard/read, I might be infected and not showing symptoms yet and EVERYONE I've been in contact with on the plane here and all, may have now also been infected by me. Wednesday the 18th will be 2 weeks since I was in the bldg. so I'm likely fine unless I'm a carrier and just spreading it all over the place. My outlook doesn't change, I'm getting up every morning and going to work as directed and then training for a cycling event in August. If the event is somehow canceled, the mountain will still be there and I'll still climb the thing. No urge to buy toilet paper so maybe I'm totally fine.

As far as flu shots go, only time I ever got the flu was the one year I got the shot. Like 2 weeks of crappy flu. Never got the flu shot again and haven't ever had the flu the now like 15 years later. In my experience, flu shots can suck it. That being said, if it helps others, by all means, make it so.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The Shelby started getting hotter than normal and felt like it was having a hard time getting air. It also felt like it was down on power..... the thing felt weak.

I started looking to see it I could find out what was causing the symptoms my Shelby was experiencing.

Here is what I have found so far:

"Alright buddy... open up and say "Ahhhh"

IMG_4429.jpg

"Okay, let's see what we have here....."

IMG_4426.jpg

Well this explains the elevated temperature, the trouble breathing, and the lack of energy.
You're in the garage for 14 days my little friend.... and stay at least six feet away from your stablemate.

IMG_4428.jpg

[EDIT] I forgot to attach the last photo..............DOH!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Flu roughly .1% death rate. COVID-19 thus far about 2-4 %. Per 1,000,000 infected, that’s 1000 deaths for flu, 20,000 per corona on the low end. About 300 million in American population. Even if only 1 in 10 get corona, that 30 million infected, and 600,000 deaths. At 3% death rate, that’s 900,000 deaths.Flu vaccine probably helps keep numbers low. No vaccine yet for corona, So it’s far worse than the flu for now. Those are facts. You can kill the messengers all you want (media, Trump), but it doesn’t change the fact that this virus is far more deadly than the flu and has the potential to wipe out nearly 1,000,000 Americans or more. When independent infectious disease expert’s, the CDC, the WHO, are all recommending minimal social contact to try to lessen the spread, you are at best a complete idiot not to believe that, and at worse responsible for many other infections and deaths for not taking precaution to avoid spreading it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I started looking to see it I could find out what was causing the symptoms my Shelby was experiencing.
I didn't realize inhaling the air-filter was a sure-fired way to increase performance. If you want max air-flow I use air-handler mat sandwiched between screen-door mesh.

Last edited:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I feel like I was safer gnawing on window sills as a kid than stepping outside in the current state of things.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Remember the Polio sugar cube vaccine? Thousands of us stood in line and took our medicine.
I grew up in a large metropolitan area and never personally knew anyone who got the disease.
But it did ruin many lives. One of our greatest Presidents was crippled by it.
Through a massive effort it is now mostly eradicated.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Through a massive effort it is now mostly eradicated.
only in medically equivalent countries. We allow millions of diseased to cross thru the southern border to work in the food chain for 3rd-world wages.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Reply #81.............. I forgot to add the Punch Line.
It will make sense now.

In my best Homer Simpson voice......"Doh!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It doesn't matter if you think it won't affect you, if you think it's a hoax, if you think it's over reaction, or any other rational you can use to ignore it. It will have significant social and economic impact on you and everyone else! You are NOT immune to the impact!

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I don't claim to be the smartest person. I just know that when doctors, experts, career health professionals tell me how to help stem the virus, I do it. I don't blow off their recommendations, I don't think I know better than them(Any dumb anti-vaxxers around here?).

TLDR: If you're not a professional in the health care field, shut the fuck up and listen to what they're telling you.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
TLDR: If you're not a professional in the health care field, shut the fuck up and listen to what they're telling you.
then read the UK paper where they did the actual numbers of various strategies and NONE of them do a damn bit of good. Until and unless 65% or rather more people are exposed and develop antibodies, it will spread in exponential function every time the "social distancing" is relaxed. We can suffer a single spike or repeated spikes in transmission. It's not totally benign to the under 40 crowd but the sooner reality is faced the sooner this economic pain can be put behind us. I can't find the cite but one of the Chinese studies of Wuhan district observed some 85% of infections were asymptomatic.

US Restaurant Association Projects Up To 7 Million Jobs Lost Over 3 Months - and now the Big3 and their numerous suppliers all go into layoffs. If all that economic pain doesn't do a gd thing in 6 months time, was it worth it?
Sponsored

Last edited: