What the Hell is Wrong with Us?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I've never known anybody to wash their hands before brushing their teeth unless they used the toilet first. Never even heard it suggested, not even by a dentist. And sneezing into your arm/elbow/hands was always a last-resort kind of thing when nothing that could serve as a handkerchief could be had in time.

I agree that in the absence of medical contra-indication, you should accept being vaccinated (religious objections . . . not gonna go there). But by the same token, blanket statements of "everybody needs to get vaccinated against everything" don't get to go unchallenged. Time was when people who were allergic to peanuts weren't taken all that seriously, either.

Norm
I brush after the morning shower and again after the before bed shower. I cough and sneeze into my elbow when needed. I usually wash my face a few times throughout the work day and of course hands more often. I also wipe down my desk and laptop daily. Just how my mom made me lol. Never served in military yet even my hotel bed is made every morning and dishes usually cleaned before I even eat the food I just cooked. Hotel maids love me lol
Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
This thread screams drama queen.

One not so obvious negative is the economic impact this will have for some time to come....and what hysteria will happen in the future from similar sickness.
Well, I'm not sure how this isn't obvious to everyone already. And to all the people saying this is overblown, they will feel it eventually either from the sickness itself or from the economy. I feel sorry most for the poor and then for the small business owners. Government constantly points out how small business is the heartbeat of America and a huge driver of the economy but they never get bailouts. Think of all that are hurting bigtime right now, the restaurants and bars are obvious, but how about flower shops, dog groomers, yoga studios, fitness studios, hair salons etc. All small companies that survive week to week month to month.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I brush after the morning shower and again after the before bed shower. I cough and sneeze into my elbow when needed. I usually wash my face a few times throughout the work day and of course hands more often. I also wipe down my desk and laptop daily. Just how my mom made me lol. Never served in military yet even my hotel bed is made every morning and dishes usually cleaned before I even eat the food I just cooked. Hotel maids love me lol
Seems a bit compulsive, at least for normal everyday living in the absence of epidemic/pandemic conditions.

Norm

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
You had better be careful saying all of these wonderful things you do or you are going to get marriage proposals on here LOL.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
You had better be careful saying all of these wonderful things you do or you are going to get marriage proposals on here LOL.
HAHA! My wife will have someone order a drone strike. She's out now but when she was in, she saved the planet doing things she couldn't talk about :inlove:. We joke about her connections and what would happen if she caught someone flirting...at least I think it's joking lol. Also, the wife is chaos incarnate while I'm the immoveable rock of order. Dang it! Only 1.5 weeks away and going into withdraws. But really, "cleanliness is next to godliness".

Sponsored

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP 6 speed
We are all socially engineered and brainwashed. All of us. It is inescapable. No matter your belief system or opinion. It affects us all, we cannot avoid it.

Be kind to everyone is a good start...

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
We are all socially engineered and brainwashed. All of us. It is inescapable. No matter your belief system or opinion. It affects us all, we cannot avoid it.

Be kind to everyone is a good start...

^^^
This.

In the end, even Zion was part of the matrix...
4CB998AE-747C-484E-BE10-9FAD3301B35F.png
Sponsored