Wastegate Suggestion

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
^ yup this! The challenge with the PC set up is if you use stock routing with the hotside pipe you have to be creative with the placement of the BOV and WG. Coastal has a bad @ss set up where the pipe wraps around the wheel well but it looks like you cannot have an intake with the pipe set up like that so you are left with an open blower intake.

Either way, I ordered a hotside pipe from Travis at Boostworks to relocate the race valve to the front and since the WG is smaller I should be able to fit it on the pipe where the race valve used to be.

WG will be here Tuesday, once the pipe comes in from Travis I will document and post the whole thing for other PC guys.
Here's my setup from Sam @ Coastal Dyno.

Procharger_g.jpg

Procharger_f.jpg

Procharger_d.jpg
Sponsored

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
intake mani I hear drops everything by 1 or 2 psi. I could potentially just go with a Boss manifold for a little more than a wastegate, but i don't know if that would get me down to the <12 psi range in the 7500rpm space.
I lost 2-3#s when I put the Boss IM on. I actually went down in pulley size to get it back up to 15#s.

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Here's my setup from Sam @ Coastal Dyno
You are stage 2 on 4.38 pulley right? I think imma going to switch to the same. What belt do you have? Might as well pulley down further if I am going to wastegate...

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
intake mani I hear drops everything by 1 or 2 psi. I could potentially just go with a Boss manifold for a little more than a wastegate, but i don't know if that would get me down to the <12 psi range in the 7500rpm space.
Up to 3-4psi drops in the higher rpms with a higher flowing intake manifold. 2-3 psi midrange.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Anyone use the Turbosmart HyperGate 45?
I think that is what Terry uses in his torque booster package. I went with 38mm TiAL MVS for size and ascetics since it will be visible and space is limited. That was choice #2 for me though!

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Tial MVS 38mm in hand!! Just need the hot pipe from travis@boostworks and I can wrap this initial build up!! So close!! :headbang:
image.jpg

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You are stage 2 on 4.38 pulley right? I think imma going to switch to the same. What belt do you have? Might as well pulley down further if I am going to wastegate...
Kris, that's correct.

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
I'm thinking of buying the same WG or the turbosmart. Is it ok to welded it on the same pipe as the bov? Maybe behind it? I can't remember if I'll have space. I have a Paxton and need to check

Sponsored

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Tial MVS 38mm in hand!! Just need the hot pipe from travis@boostworks and I can wrap this initial build up!! So close!! :headbang:
Have you not gotten your pipes yet?

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Have you not gotten your pipes yet?
No I have been calling and emailing. Talked to them last Friday, not sure what is going on at this point. They though they made it but needed to check on tracking numbers etc... left a VM last night and haven't heard anything back yet. I travel a lot so I don't mind a little delay but would love to know what is going on. Can't finish my tune until I get the WG on...

Ordered and paid on the 7th as soon as they posted on here they were for sale and the website was updated.

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Any of you guys have a sound clip with these set up I been debating on a tial but don't like the way it sounds with it .

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Any of you guys have a sound clip with these set up I been debating on a tial but don't like the way it sounds with it .
Not really the point of a WG (sound). A BOV will change in sound but a WG will just leak air so I wouldn't expect sound to change between brands.

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I want to see a picture of where the Wastegate ends up sitting. Which Surge valve do you have?
Sponsored