Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Got my car back today- they said it was within NVH specs and they wouldn't do anything unless it got worse. It's not as bad as originally, but it's pretty irritating and I can't see myself driving it like this for 4-5 years. BBB already sent me the forms so I guess I'll get busy filling them out...
good on you. keep us updated.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ LoL ... I think it's going to take an Army to fix the vibration problem.

Blanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I brought my 16' GT Auto home three weeks ago. Definitely noticed a driveline vibration starting around 50 mph. The car has 1200 miles and I'm hoping but not expecting an easy fix after reading a bunch of the posts here.
The car is going to the dealer on Monday.
Good luck. I haven't seen my car in 5 weeks now and they are not getting anywhere with it. Yours may go better.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
So, I was once again told that it's tire noise/vibration...AGAIN. This makes the 5th set of tires that I've had on the car. The rear tires get a really bad cupping on the outside edges after about 7k miles or so. I just changed the tires again yesterday to a new set, and guess what, it's still there.

At this point, I'm filing a complaint with the BBB. I've bought too many sets of tires and paid to have the alignment checked at two dealerships and three independent places. Nothing appears to be loose, broken, or bent, but for whatever reason, no one can figure out the problem.

I'm sorely disappointed with this. No car should roar and vibrate at highway speeds. I've been more than patient with Ford and the dealerships, but at this point, I'm going to try to get it replaced by lemon law. It's stupid.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I know most people are trying to get a factory warranty resolution, but curious has anyone tried an aftermarket aluminum one-piece replacement driveshaft to fix the issue? I was looking yesterday and found a couple places that sell them for as low as $600. Might be worth it for someone to try if the factory parts aren't working.
Where did you find one for $600? I've contemplated doing this, but I hate to keep throwing parts and money at it. Also, if it continues with a new driveshaft, then Ford would really crap the bed then. They'd have an easy out to blame it on an aftermarket part and would totally dismiss any claim(s).

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Without reading through all 106 pages, has anyone put the car in neutral or pushed in the clutch pedal at the problem speeds to see if it still vibrates? Granted the drive-shaft will still spin but without the engine connected it may respond differently without the engine load on it.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Where did you find one for $600? I've contemplated doing this, but I hate to keep throwing parts and money at it. Also, if it continues with a new driveshaft, then Ford would really crap the bed then. They'd have an easy out to blame it on an aftermarket part and would totally dismiss any claim(s).
I wouldn't do that if I were you, they are looking for ANY excuse to NOT fix my car.

As it sits right now, I'm pulling off all my Steeda stuff this weekend so they can't point to it & say it's modded. Hopefully, I can leave my mudflaps in place unless that becomes the next FORD lame-arse excuse for not fixing their crap :tsk:.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Without reading through all 106 pages, has anyone put the car in neutral or pushed in the clutch pedal at the problem speeds to see if it still vibrates? Granted the drive-shaft will still spin but without the engine connected it may respond differently without the engine load on it.
I think a few guys here with the vibration have done that, and the vibration is still there. So it's something in the drive line from the output shaft of the transmission to the rear wheels.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Don't do anything to it if you are going to LL it. Closer to stock, the better. Throwing more variables in the equation makes it harder to solve.

Sponsored

steelertown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Is this happening more with 2015s or 2016s too?

Found an amazing deal on a brand new 2016 just the way I would want it. Reading the issues threads honestly has me scared to make the purchase at this point... Even have a $750 coupon ready that expires in 2 weeks.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this happening more with 2015s or 2016s too?

Found an amazing deal on a brand new 2016 just the way I would want it. Reading the issues threads honestly has me scared to make the purchase at this point... Even have a $750 coupon ready that expires in 2 weeks.
If you are serious about the car, go test drive the crap out of it. Take it on a smooth highway and see if you can detect any vibrations between 40 and 80 MPH to be safe.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If you are serious about the car, go test drive the crap out of it. Take it on a smooth highway and see if you can detect any vibrations between 40 and 80 MPH to be safe.
^^^ This !!

It's happening to '16's as much as '15's & since Ford has changed nothing, the '17's will have it as well.

If you get the vibrations, pick another car or make damn sure they have fixed it BEFORE you give them even a deposit.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I think I'm done with nice cars. I have worked a long time to get to where I can afford something decent, not even nice by many people's standards. Last car was a used Acura RL I bought online (last online purchase went well). I was so thrilled to get it, and it was rusted. Totally soured the whole ownership experience for the almost 4 years I owned it. Now this time I buy new to avoid that, and this. I think next time I going to buy the cheapest pos new car and just not care. Oh, my new Honda vibrates too. I'm done, just done.... Will continue to go through the motions of letting them try to fix it, but I'll be very surprised and pleased if they can just get it close. I don't have a vibration mental disorder, my old cars were all smooth as glass, even the sporty ones.

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
+1; add to that, drive more than 1 car-- that way if you haven't experienced the vibration yet, you'll have a better chance of driving one of the effected cars and know what to look for.

We drove 6 cars before deciding on one; only one in that bunch had the vibration and it certainly spooked me from wanting that model ( a V6).
Sponsored