Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
Update on my car - Problem solved, at least for me. I traded it in. My commute was just too long to deal with the drone and harshness. A new driveshaft fixed 90% of the problem and I am not convinced it was all driveline anyway. The interior acoustics of the car seem to contribute, but that is just an opinion. the 19" Pirellis were a contributor as well - I was noticing an increase as they wore. For me the last straw was a noisy transmission on the hotter days and I just did not have the time or patience to deal with it. Really a shame as the car has a great motor, brakes and decent handling, but the harshness ruins it. Would be tolerable as a back road or track car, but not for a 40 mile highway commute. Perhaps, as many are being told, just the way the car is. At least that was the position of my dealer.

Hopefully there is some resolution for all the owners being patient and sticking with it. For me the whole thing was a big disappointment.
What did you trade for? Curious since I'll have to decide what I want to do after the BBB lemon law case gets settled.
Sponsored

MeisterMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang Metallic Blue
Well, I guess there may be some hope after all. I decided to contact Ford customer service and get them involved since the dealership has decided to not earn their keep. After telling Ford CSR that I did not like being told my car was not as bad as the others on the lot by the service manager at the dealer I may have gotten their attention. I had a voicemail waiting for me at home from the CSR that my case had been elevated to a regional supervisor after talking to the dealership and I should hear from them within one business day (Monday). I am hoping that they take me a little more serious than the dealership did. Clunking when shifting between gears, vibration when on the highway, and the roaring/grinding feel in the pedal when I hit the brakes are NOT normal characteristics for any car (except for maybe a Yugo)

Will keep everyone posted as things go ahead, hopefully we can get some resolution for everyone here

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
33 days @ the dealer with NO RESOLUTION.
They made me pull the Steeda stuff off & SURPRISE (not!) - vibration still there !

FSE's are TOTALLY USELESS & have admitted they have NO IDEA why it's vibrating or what steps should be taken to attempt resolution.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
33 days @ the dealer with NO RESOLUTION.
They made me pull the Steeda stuff off & SURPRISE (not!) - vibration still there !

FSE's are TOTALLY USELESS & have admitted they have NO IDEA why it's vibrating or what steps should be taken to attempt resolution.
Have they verified that the rear IRS cage is squared to the body and not out of alignment? I read some posts on here were folks have been installing aftermarket IRS components and some have said their IRS cages were not squared from the factory's, thus causing some issues when trying to install other IRS replac,net components.

I'm wondering IF a misaligned IRS cage could cause issues with driveline components?

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Have they verified that the rear IRS cage is squared to the body and not out of alignment? I read some posts on here were folks have been installing aftermarket IRS components and some have said their IRS cages were not squared from the factory's, thus causing some issues when trying to install other IRS replac,net components.

I'm wondering IF a misaligned IRS cage could cause issues with driveline components?
They would have had to square the cage to install the Steeda stuff (IRS Braces, Subframe Alignment kit) originally.

Someone from BMR posted they have found dropping the front of the cage down & adding 1/2" of washers between the cage & body fixed the issue on some cars they have experimented on.

Seems some of the aftermarket guys know more about this car than Ford CSE's do.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
They would have had to square the cage to install the Steeda stuff (IRS Braces, Subframe Alignment kit) originally.

Someone from BMR posted they have found dropping the front of the cage down & adding 1/2" of washers between the cage & body fixed the issue on some cars they have experimented on.

Seems some of the aftermarket guys know more about this car than Ford CSE's do.
I already decided that if mine develops the vibration I will take it to Steeda or a place I know and trust to have the problem diagnosed long before I trust the idiots at Ford to figure it out. I'd rather pay out of pocket to have someone that knows what they are doing diagnose driveline vibration. I have too much invested in Steeda suspension mods that I'm not removing for the clowns at Ford to try to figure it out.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I already decided that if mine develops the vibration I will take it to Steeda or a place I know and trust to have the problem diagnosed long before I trust the idiots at Ford to figure it out. I'd rather pay out of pocket to have someone that knows what they are doing diagnose driveline vibration. I have too much invested in Steeda suspension mods that I'm not removing for the clowns at Ford to try to figure it out.
I decided it was time to bail on the whole deal & filed for Lemon Law today. Going to go for a buy-back, don't want to take a chance on another one at this point.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I decided it was time to bail on the whole deal & filed for Lemon Law today. Going to go for a buy-back, don't want to take a chance on another one at this point.
I hope it works out for you! It's completely ridiculous that Ford can't properly diagnose a driveline vibration and fix it, sucks this happened to you. Good luck.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
Check your state's LL details carefully. In GA, the have to replace it with a comparable car and they can only charge you for miles up to the time the defect was first reported- for me that was about 800 miles. In my case, they would have to replace it with a 16 or maybe 17 depending on when the whole thing gets sorted out. My thinking is that if I get another car with the same problem or it develops in the first few thousand miles, I'll just trade it on something else and be done with it. But the newer car will be worth more than what I will get on a repurchase of my '15.

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I also would be happy to pay for a fix if we knew what the problem was. Maybe one day someone will know and share and "Mustang" garages will be able to fix it. So how many have it "fixed"? Chime in and give us some hope!

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
I hope it works out for you! It's completely ridiculous that Ford can't properly diagnose a driveline vibration and fix it, sucks this happened to you. Good luck.
No vibration problems with your new car at all? How many miles do you have on it?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
I also would be happy to pay for a fix if we knew what the problem was. Maybe one day someone will know and share and "Mustang" garages will be able to fix it. So how many have it "fixed"? Chime in and give us some hope!
I wonder if Steeda knows what the real problem is... I think that it can be several things or a combination of things which makes it hard to pinpoint.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Curt I think you are correct. For me a driveshaft replacement helped, but that may not always be the case. If I had to bet, I think properly balanced driveshafts would help most though.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I wonder if Steeda knows what the real problem is... I think that it can be several things or a combination of things which makes it hard to pinpoint.
If they have a vibration analyzer they could probably locate it. I trust the techs at Steeda a lot more than the Stealership service clowns.
Sponsored