Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Man seeeing this thread kinda worries me about buying a mach1. My 2015 had this issue pretty bad (rebuilt diff and other things never solved it). I'd reallly hate to get a new one and have these issues again
Sponsored

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
This problem was only in those years 15 to 17 and mine was resolved by having ford put in a new shaft. A dss shaft is only a grand and it free's up 20 plus hp. win win

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
Man seeeing this thread kinda worries me about buying a mach1. My 2015 had this issue pretty bad (rebuilt diff and other things never solved it). I'd reallly hate to get a new one and have these issues again
I had a 15 & 18 PP1 GT that vibrated, I now have a 22 Mach1 with NO vibration.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I have a 2021 GT, w A10 and have this light shudder on steering wheel always in 7th GEAR no matter what speed. Anyone have this issue? Could this be same issue?
Thanks Anthony

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have the same issue minus the vibrations. I have a 2021 GT with 5K miles. The noise started last week out of nowhere. I hear it at 25 mph thru 40 mph then it starts to fade. I m taking it to the dealer on Wednesday.

Has the sound or vibration resurfaced since Ford changed the driveshaft?

Thanks

Old thread I know, but I have this same exact issue. No vibration but the same rattling sound around 30-35mph no matter if in gear or neutral. Going to let a tech take it for a spin Friday. Its very obvious.

Sponsored

Mikeo97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MB
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible
Old thread I know, but I have this same exact issue. No vibration but the same rattling sound around 30-35mph no matter if in gear or neutral. Going to let a tech take it for a spin Friday. Its very obvious.
I still have the noise, it hasn't gotten worse. I haven't taken mine to the dealer yet because I don't trust the dealers in my area.
Please let me know what your tech says.
Thanks!

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Does it do it all the time? Had another member had a sound like that and it was the label on the drive shaft. Was hitting on the tunnel. Just a thought

traumkommode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Hello, I'm having the same issues as @Turian and @Mikeo97 . I have an open case with Ford Corporate and my dealership is claiming nothing is wrong with the driveshaft. I'm hoping to get some assistance here from @FordService - to have my car at the dealership for so long (almost a month) and them to say that this noise and vibration is normal operating conditions is driving me crazy. Noise comes on around 25-30MPH and you can hear it even with the exhaust valves open, hear it especially well if the center console is open.

Mikeo97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MB
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have the same issue minus the vibrations. I have a 2021 GT with 5K miles. The noise started last week out of nowhere. I hear it at 25 mph thru 40 mph then it starts to fade. I m taking it to the dealer on Wednesday.

Has the sound or vibration resurfaced since Ford changed the driveshaft?

Thanks

UPDATE 12/12
Finally got the car to the dealer. They replaced the driveshaft and the noise & vibration are now gone.

Sponsored

traumkommode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
UPDATE 12/12
Finally got the car to the dealer. They replaced the driveshaft and the noise & vibration are now gone.
Your experience is encouraging. Did they give you any specifics about what was wrong with the driveshaft? I have the shop foreman confirming he can hear the noise, but they're sort of at a loss for what to look at and aren't one of the dealers who is just going to replace the driveshaft because I'm pointing them to these forum posts. I.e., was it the carrier bearing? U-joints? Any specifics to help get them on the right track are much appreciated.

Mikeo97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MB
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible
Their technichan took it for a ride and was able to hear the noise. He put it up on the lift and stated the carrier bearing has excessive play and believes the noise and vibration are attributed to that. That was all it took for them to order and install a replacement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
HOLLEEEE CRAAAAP! I cannot believe my thread is still alive after almost NINE YEARS! Very sad that Ford is still in denial about this VERY REAL issue, and continues to screw people over. My heart goes out to each end every one of you that has been inconvenienced by this epic engineering fail.

As stated early in the thread, I had my original 2015 POS replaced with a brand new 2016 POS under the Lemon Law. After 20,000 miles I was done with that one too. And Ford. FOREVER.

I gleefully traded the 2016 for my first Mopar, and have driven nothing else since. Huh...I never realized I was a Mopar guy before that....who knew??? Three sweet Hemis in a row!

20180428_161518.jpg

PXL_20201101_203041952.jpg

PXL_20210908_224944014.jpg

traumkommode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Wanted to provide an update to my case - the second dealership who was investigating issues with my Shelby got a Field Engineer to come look at it and review the case. I didn't talk to the engineer, nor did I get a report of what the engineer researched, but somewhere along the way the engineer got a new driveshaft approved and the baseball-cards-in-bicycle-spokes sound is gone. Still a steering issue to sort out, but I'm relieved about the driveshaft noise. If anyone else has this pop up I'm happy to talk to you and put you in touch with the dealership that did the work for a reference.
Sponsored