Sponsored

Swapped from Lund to Palm Beach Dyno

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I originally hired PBD a year ago. Had drivability issues that never got worked out. Would send logs and wait and wait and wait. I was with him when his business was young he was not to busy. But in the end drivability and communication had me fire him and go with Lund. Lund had me fully tuned on 93 octane within 36 hours. I am very fast at getting logs. On E85 they had me fully tuned within 48 hours. Also have done 2 other pulley swaps and they had me tuned on each within 18 hours of each pulley swap. Plus Lund uses the awesome NGAUGE. Gauge makes it so much easier. I cannot say enough good things about the service of Lund. I am on a 72mm pulley with E85 and will be doing a uno this week. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Wow i am shocked to see the comments about Lund on here. They have been my tuner of choice on my current build. My Paxton 2200 with 3.6 pulley and Fore Fuel system tuned by lund ran 9.97 in the 1/4 mile on e55 crap arizona pump gas. Then it went and ran a 9.89 at 4000 ft DA and 146 mph on E85, Lund over the past year has answered 50 emails from me and never once has been short or untimely in response. So let's not bash a company who this weekend alone helped set the new ecoboost 1/4 mile time record along with more cars in the 8's then any or all the other tuners combined!
This is a thread aimed at people who swapped from one tuner to another. Some I'm sure had reason, others likely didn't, just wanted more and instead of taking the time to bring the issues to Lund they just went out and spent 1000 bucks in a new tune. Either way it's their money and their car. Works like that for most topics here, makes it seem as if the product, part or tune is terrible when it likely isn't.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I don't think what I said was bashing. Stating the facts. There is always good and bad experiences with every situation. Out of respect and knowing there are tons of fans on this forum, I only said exactly what happened to me. There are plenty of capable tuners out there. I'm in automotive customer service and I know there are people who have loved me and those who have despised me. My PBD tune has been great as far as driveability and WOT.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Searching the forums for tune comparisons between these two tuners, and I found this thread lol..... trying to decide who to go with. I did notice currently PBD is not accepting tune orders for new customers, there's a wait list. I have an SCT X3 i'm going to use so leaning towards PBD but might get impatient and go with Lund.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Searching the forums for tune comparisons between these two tuners, and I found this thread lol..... trying to decide who to go with. I did notice currently PBD is not accepting tune orders for new customers, there's a wait list. I have an SCT X3 i'm going to use so leaning towards PBD but might get impatient and go with Lund.
Not going to use an x3 to tune a 15 or newer mustang,wont work.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
This is my second tune with Lund. It took about 11 days for them to get me a base tune, but when they did and I started datalogging with Dasan, it went pretty quick. And wow, the car runs smooth and strong, NO issues with anything. But from what I see on this forum, PBD is very good as well. Both are top notch.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Not going to use an x3 to tune a 15 or newer mustang,wont work.
According to PBD directly and various other sources it will work just fine.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
According to PBD directly and various other sources it will work just fine.
Well if you decide to go Lung scrap the X3 and get the Ngauge...with the latest FW upgrade it now does crank relearns also..its the bomb!

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I’ve been with PBD for a few months now. I’m not sure if it’s possible with to speak with Lund now but it wasn’t when I was with them. I enjoy being able to speak on the phone with Ken at PBD and address concerns or ask questions. Even if he’s not available I can call and talk to a person. That goes a hell of a long way with me.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I’ve been with PBD for a few months now. I’m not sure if it’s possible with to speak with Lund now but it wasn’t when I was with them. I enjoy being able to speak on the phone with Ken at PBD and address concerns or ask questions. Even if he’s not available I can call and talk to a person. That goes a hell of a long way with me.
x3 won't work, need an x4 or ngauge

Sponsored

demas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
PBD customer service become really really bad for me!! i am waiting more than 6 months to get a response for my logs and i'm really disappointed.
Ken is super professional and his tunes are amazing. the thing is that he took WAY too much work on him self and he got to the point where he can't stick with the customer's request. too bad!
Don't get me wrong, a few month ago it was awesome and used to talk to him a lot. But, since then it's just impossible...

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
I'm half tempted to order the tune from PBD just to see if the X3 will work or not lol......

Seems like either tuner will be fine for my application.

Any other input out there?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
X3 will not work on the s550's

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Thanks guys I'm not arguing with anyone I'm just surprised Sean at PBD said it would. If I have to buy a new tuner then I'll probably go with Lund and Ngauge.
Sponsored