Sponsored

Supercharger options,Whipple,Roush,Paxton,Procharger

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
The strut tower brace basically doesn't add much rigidity. The k brace does all the work.
That would be my non-scientific theory as well. The K-Brace is really damn thick and sturdy. The strut brace is light and flimsy and doesn't feel like it would contribute much on a car that already has the K-Brace anyway.
Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
That would be my non-scientific theory as well. The K-Brace is really damn thick and sturdy. The strut brace is light and flimsy and doesn't feel like it would contribute much on a car that already has the K-Brace anyway.
Mine didn't come with a K brace , seems fine to me ..If the k brace is all that and a bag of chips why did ford not put it on my GT ?

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine didn't come with a K brace , seems fine to me ..If the k brace is all that and a bag of chips why did ford not put it on my GT ?
Silly question. The answer is always cost.

If the engineers had their way these cars would be selling around $80-90k. Bean counters take over to prevent that.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
K brace comes with the PP and 20" wheel options.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I am so glad i've convinced myself that I can't afford a SC. I had a hard enough time choosing my exhaust and rims. I'd lose my shit trying to settle on which SC to go with.

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Silly question. The answer is always cost.

If the engineers had their way these cars would be selling around $80-90k. Bean counters take over to prevent that.
Silly answer ...The real answer is the car doesn't need it .. :rolleyes:

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Silly answer ...The real answer is the car doesn't need it .. :rolleyes:
Of course the car doesn't need it. It would take me hours to list all the things my car has that it doesn't need. Doesn't mean I'm going to take them off though.

The entire point of my post was that the car is fine without the strut bar, especially if it has the kbrace which is far beefier. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad for not having a kbrace, I wasn't aware of it being a touchy subject.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Of course the car doesn't need it. It would take me hours to list all the things my car has that it doesn't need. Doesn't mean I'm going to take them off though.

The entire point of my post was that the car is fine without the strut bar, especially if it has the kbrace which is far beefier. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad for not having a kbrace, I wasn't aware of it being a touchy subject.
Your post wasn't a problem ... The post calling me silly was a problem ...:thumbsup:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
And it "needs" it when Ford puts 20" wheels on the car?
You could put 36 inch rims on it and still would not need a k brace ... It might new a few other things with 36s :lol:Like a new owner ...:D

Sponsored

Fezenator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Lol you guys are hilarious. So what do would you guys suggest for SC? Based on current and past experiences?

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lol you guys are hilarious. So what do would you guys suggest for SC? Based on current and past experiences?
Start at post #1 in this thread and keep reading: the entire thing is recommendations. ;)

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Like a few vendors posted, its all preference based. We offer all the kits, we are now a direct dealer for Procharger as well to offer kits that are tailored to customer's wants and needs:)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You can go any way and be happy. Feel free to call and discuss your combo