Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Great info here, thanks guys.

I'm also looking to build a track toy, but I'm not really a quarter mile guy. I'm looking to do a built block car than will be used for events like 3 day weekend circuit track events (HPDE), half mile and 1 mile drags and maybe even a silver state classic challenge.

I think the Procharger / Paxton type is probably better suited for heat management and road course use, but anyone know if they'll make it without overheating the self contained oiling systems or some other part not up to the abuse of road course use?

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What's the difference in a vortech or Paxton?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
What's the difference in a vortech or Paxton?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
the Paxton kit gives you a larger head unit for the same $$

max effort it should be good for high 8's, vortech max effort (on the entry unit) would be mid 9's

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Great info here, thanks guys.

I'm also looking to build a track toy, but I'm not really a quarter mile guy. I'm looking to do a built block car than will be used for events like 3 day weekend circuit track events (HPDE), half mile and 1 mile drags and maybe even a silver state classic challenge.

I think the Procharger / Paxton type is probably better suited for heat management and road course use, but anyone know if they'll make it without overheating the self contained oiling systems or some other part not up to the abuse of road course use?

I had the paxton novi 2200 on a s197 08 gt, in my experience I didnt circuit race it much but a couple of times I went to a track to just enjoy my car cornering and go thru the straights in Wot until I had to slam the brakes and tried to keep up with some fast cars around, after many laps,my brakes where stinking hot and got replaced after that with race brakes,but the supercharger itself,I had no problem with whatsoever, the Iat where pretty low all the time and the power delivery was not the best for circuit racing,I focused more for quarter mile, but since I had an automatic, 3800 stall,4.1 gears but was alot of fun and the pxton made my car so much more enjoyable as a DD and a track toy

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
There will some big news at SEMA this year in regards to superchargers :) If you get one of our kits, you will be very happy you did! All I can say for now.......
That's awesome news.
So,....if we purchase or for those that have purchased a Whipple for their '15 Mustang, the big surprise/release at SEMA will benefit us as well?
Just curious. :) ;)

Tones GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2021 FJG Mach 1
interested in this as well... i am very very close to purchasing the whipple kit...

Tones GT

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
#1 choice Whipple
# 2 Choice TT

But most important thing be sure you have a good installer and tuner near by. You WILL need them.

Also, you should beef up the cooling system with better radiator, better clutch and fuel system.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Ford Racing and Whipple again??

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Would I need to upgrade other parts to support supercharger if I wanted just 550 at wheels and 510+tq

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Would I need to upgrade other parts to support supercharger if I wanted just 550 at wheels and 510+tq

Not necessary with those numbers. Whipple, Roush and others are designed to work right out of the box without "having" to upgrade anything.

Not saying it's not a good idea, I'm just saying you do not "have" to.

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
If I install a 2.3 or a 2.9 supecharger,lets say the same brand, if both support up to 800bhp, whats the difference? Will one be louder? Will one get me to 800hp with less boost? Will one run hotter and have heat soak issues?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
If I install a 2.3 or a 2.9 supecharger,lets say the same brand, if both support up to 800bhp, whats the difference? Will one be louder? Will one get me to 800hp with less boost? Will one run hotter and have heat soak issues?
If you are purchasing complete kits from either, there is a big difference.

1. The supplied injectors in others are not capable of 800hp. Close but not quite enough to maintain proper air fuel. 47lb/hr vs 58lb/hr injectors.

2. Intercooler size and efficiency. To make 800hp on pump gas from a stock engine, manifold air temps is one of the biggest factors to power. With a 33% larger intercooler core with significantly more surface area, temps stay much cooler at the boost levels needed.

3. Heat exchanger size/efficiency and water system. Along with #2, temps are key to making 800hp. To do this effectively, one's heat exchanger, water reservoir and water system must be up to the task to help keep the water cold enough to get ideal heat transfer at the intercooler.

4. Calibration. When comparing 2.3 vs 2.9, only one can make 800hp out of the box.

5. Throttle bodies. Doesn't matter what kit, you need the larger TB's to make 800hp on pump gas.

So in general, you are on the right track. Less heat soak, more consistent power, more power per psi and easier on the motor. It's not just the supercharger that makes the difference, its the package. Do your research, for a small price difference, you get a lot of extra's.

S550FTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Wish there were more warranty options besides roush.... i thought whipple had a 3/36 but now i dont see it on their site yet lethal still offers it ??? Didnt boostworks also mention it a while back ? Thought i had seen something some time ago when i was lurking about.
Sponsored