QuickJack Question and Decision help

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Looking to buy a QuickJack to use for my '15 GT but I have the original Steeda jack rails (short). I've searched the forum and I can only find info on a QuickJack being used with the longer version. Does anyone know if the the short rails will work with a 5000TL/TLX? Was also looking at the 7000TL to have some more flexibility with other vehicles.

I'm looking to potentially add a Maverick to the stable so if one is compatible with both that would be ideal.

Any info you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
A Quickjack will work with or without the rails actually. But I use the TL model with my convertible that has non-full length jacking rails with no issues.

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
i highly suggest the roller transfer bearing mod to make it wheel around. best thing i ever did. also put the quickjack pump on wheels.

OP
OP
racer24crm

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
A Quickjack will work with or without the rails actually. But I use the TL model with my convertible that has non-full length jacking rails with no issues.
Thanks for the input, I'm assuming the 5000tl, correct?

OP
OP
racer24crm

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
i highly suggest the roller transfer bearing mod to make it wheel around. best thing i ever did. also put the quickjack pump on wheels.
I'm going to look into this. Is it a kit or a DIY mod?

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input, I'm assuming the 5000tl, correct?
Yeah that’s the model I bought. It’s from before they changed to a 2” higher lift last year but either one would work for an S550. My Explorer can be lifted by it too.

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
I'm going to look into this. Is it a kit or a DIY mod?

i used (4) 1/2" bearings on the arms like the first 2. sent them with some thin self tappers instead of zip ties.

OP
OP
racer24crm

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Yeah that’s the model I bought. It’s from before they changed to a 2” higher lift last year but either one would work for an S550. My Explorer can be lifted by it too.
Gotcha. Just so I'm clear, since you can use the lift with the short Steeda rails, do you place the blocks so they are on each end of the rail or do you use a short block on the rail and a tall block on the pinch weld? Just trying to visualize it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I want to know what hte trick is to depressurize the lines sufficiently so I don't break my wrist trying to get the quick-connect lines to snap together.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I want to know what hte trick is to depressurize the lines sufficiently so I don't break my wrist trying to get the quick-connect lines to snap together.
I can answer that, once the jack is full down, keep the down button depressed, count to 10/20, pressure is natural.

Natural pressure will allow easy, no hassle connecting and disconnect.

OP be sure you check the ram assist cylinder air pressure before using, it will leak down over time, its a given.

Its purpose, after the car is on the ground collapses the jacks, to full close. Best advice watch the QJ assembly ytube clip explains some of these things visually.

Yeah, I did a pump cart also repurposed mechanic seat

IMG_0272.jpeg
finished
IMG_0881.jpeg

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Just so I'm clear, since you can use the lift with the short Steeda rails, do you place the blocks so they are on each end of the rail or do you use a short block on the rail and a tall block on the pinch weld? Just trying to visualize it.
A short block for each corner that rests on the jacking rail. It sits level on the QJ rails that way. Puts the car’s floorpan at least 2’ above the garage floor which is perfect for me to get underneath on a creeper.

OP
OP
racer24crm

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
A short block for each corner that rests on the jacking rail. It sits level on the QJ rails that way. Puts the car’s floorpan at least 2’ above the garage floor which is perfect for me to get underneath on a creeper.
Got it. Didn't think the short rails would have enough length to keep the car stable in the QuickJack Nice to know that it will all tie together. I know the new model has a longer minimum distance so I will have to make sure that it will work with the rails but it sounds like it will be good to go.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Short model QJ for about 5 years and love them. my car is lowered and I have a front sub frame brace so storing them under the car was cutting it close. So I did build a set of full length ramps and that allowed me to keep the QJ under the car and allow me to do oil changes and other under the car stuff easier. I do have jacking rails which makes positioning the QJ every easy.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thanks for mentioning this - I've had QJ for don't know how long and haven't heard of this....

Also standard QJ casters dragged on a concrete - worse than any floor jack in the sound department...
Sponsored