Sponsored

QuickJack Question and Decision help

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the ground needs to be reasonably flat at least in left-right direction. Also wheels need to be mounted such that when the arms go up the wheels are retracted. I use mine on asphault which is may more rough than a poured cement floor which is where probably 95%+ of them live.
Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I've done work on regular jacks and now these, I feel very confident working under the car with these. It doesn't move at all, and it feels very solid, I'm currently using them to do a clutch swap and it is fantastic.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This thread caught my attention because I was considering buying a QuickJack for my '22, but a while back I found a scary story about one side suddenly kicking out on a guy. Do you guys with experience with these have any safety concerns? Do you feel "comfy" working on the car with them? Do you take any additional measures?
Comfy as in sitting on a couch, buy chance you read this story in the garage journal forum?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
This thread caught my attention because I was considering buying a QuickJack for my '22, but a while back I found a scary story about one side suddenly kicking out on a guy. Do you guys with experience with these have any safety concerns? Do you feel "comfy" working on the car with them? Do you take any additional measures?
I've done tons of stuff underneath them - used put a jack stand underneath a front subframe just in case but haven't done that for a long time.

Joe H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP
Comfy as in sitting on a couch, buy chance you read this story in the garage journal forum?
Well, I honestly don't remember where I saw it. A couple of weeks ago I was just Googling like crazy trying to find out what I could about them, including any known safety issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
racer24crm

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Well, I honestly don't remember where I saw it. A couple of weeks ago I was just Googling like crazy trying to find out what I could about them, including any known safety issues.
I don't really see how the QJ could shift unless the car wasn't properly seated on the jack or something/someone pushed on the car. The QJ is much bigger than a jack stand or regular jack. Only other option would be some sort of frame failure. The weight of the car alone would prevent it from shifting if it is on stable ground.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I have heard these are safe and its the first time I hear of someone getting injured by them. Either way I have some heavy duty jacks, it doesn't hurt to slide them under just in case imo.

OP
OP
racer24crm

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
I have heard these are safe and its the first time I hear of someone getting injured by them. Either way I have some heavy duty jacks, it doesn't hurt to slide them under just in case imo.
I agree, I'd still throw a couple jack stands underneath to be on the safe. Or even a wheel and tire if they are off the car.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I feel totally comfortable getting under the car once the safety lock bars are seated properly.

Sponsored

Joe H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP
Thank you all for the replies! I will probably buy one once I have my garage better organized in general.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I can't decide if I should get the 5000TL on sale at costco (1399) or the 5000TLX? I like to have extra lenght but can't beat the $1399

Hahny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I can't decide if I should get the 5000TL on sale at costco (1399) or the 5000TLX? I like to have extra lenght but can't beat the $1399
Not at all, considering it’s the bundle package. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger myself.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
pulled the trigger got the 5000TL from Costco $1500 out the door.