Sponsored

Official EcoBoost Warranty Preserving Tune!

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
check out this article:

http://jalopnik.com/fords-warranty-preserving-ecoboost-mustang-tune-is-fina-1787660757

Summary: Ford official EB warranty preserving tune just got unleashed, and is quite impressive. HP gains throughout the RPM range, and torque gains pushing to close to stock GT numbers (which really makes me wonder with the lighter weight how well a EB will hold against a GT- I digress).

Lastly, this has to be a sign of whats to come in 2018 refresh, right?

I'll be pulling the trigger soon, my EB is Ford certified pre owned so I have powertrain warranty to 100K...
Sponsored

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
I'll be pulling the trigger soon, my EB is Ford certified pre owned so I have powertrain warranty to 100K...
the ford tune will nullify your CPO powertrain warranty and bring you back to 3 years, 36k miles from date of manufacture. might want to rethink that, or at least read the fine print before you spend any money.

OP
OP

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
hmmmm... are you sure it wouldn't bring me back to 5/60k powertrain. Seems like this deals with things that make the car go... TBH, when s650 comes in 202x, I'll want it. I don't't think I'm overshooting 60k by much

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
the ford tune will nullify your CPO powertrain warranty and bring you back to 3 years, 36k miles from date of manufacture. might want to rethink that, or at least read the fine print before you spend any money.
No it does not - the warranty for the TUNE and its equipment runs concurrent to your 3yr/36k warranty and has NO impact on the drivetrain warranty. Do some more research there have been several threads that discuss this.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
No it does not - the warranty for the TUNE and its equipment runs concurrent to your 3yr/36k warranty and has NO impact on the drivetrain warranty. Do some more research there have been several threads that discuss this.
your original drivetrain warranty was 5/60, after the tune it will become 3/36. I would have a very hard time believeing that the 100k certified pre owned warranty would stand at all.

Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
your original drivetrain warranty was 5/60, after the tune it will become 3/36. I would have a very hard time believeing that the 100k certified pre owned warranty would stand at all.
Actually your factory powertrain is left intact but comes with a supplemental limited ford racing warrant for the 3/36. If there is a powertrain issue where the tune is to blame, the supplemental warranty kicks in. If there is a powertrain issue after the 3/36 and the tune is to blame, your likely SOL like any other aftermarket tune...
Your powertrain warranty isn't automatically voided with the install of this tune or any other tune. The difference is you get the supplemental 3/36 coverage with ford racing.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Are the 335hp/390TQ figures at the crank? I mean that's pretty cool for EB owners but I never understand the comparison to a GT as if it makes it a less relevant car. Power is made two different ways and comes on two different ways. Turbos typically die off where the N/A still continues to make power. A tuned car vs non tuned car...

Now a better comparison/article would be a Stage 1 Ford Racing Package Tuned EB VS a Stage I Ford Racing Package tuned GT. It would be interesting to see the gains VS value for each car and which responds the best to mods (usually turbo cars because of exhaust restrictions).

I'm not knocking EB owners but I've been down the small liter/turbo route and specifically got out of it because it's much easier making safe power on larger displacement.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Something else to consider before knocking the EcoBoost. It's considerably lighter:
3,532 lbs - EcoB
vs
3,705 lbs - GT

Then the EcoBoost has a ton of low end torque & hp. So when you factor in the high average HP/torque numbers for across the board power, and lighter weight, its going to have some pretty impressive performance #'s.

That said, I personally still preferred a GT. But I do really like the EcoBoost.

Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Fun fact, that's my Grabber Blue EB in that article.:D

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Are the 335hp/390TQ figures at the crank? I mean that's pretty cool for EB owners but I never understand the comparison to a GT as if it makes it a less relevant car. Power is made two different ways and comes on two different ways. Turbos typically die off where the N/A still continues to make power. A tuned car vs non tuned car...

Now a better comparison/article would be a Stage 1 Ford Racing Package Tuned EB VS a Stage I Ford Racing Package tuned GT. It would be interesting to see the gains VS value for each car and which responds the best to mods (usually turbo cars because of exhaust restrictions).

I'm not knocking EB owners but I've been down the small liter/turbo route and specifically got out of it because it's much easier making safe power on larger displacement.
Those numbers are most likely to the crank. I've never seen Ford post numbers that were to the wheels.

White15EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP, 97 Mitsubishi GSX
I bought the 100,000 mile warranty so I was curious if flashing this tune would void my extended warranty.

Here is the response.

If the car is registered for Ford Performance Parts warranty, which is a supplemental warranty, it is good for 3 years / 36,000 miles from the original purchase date of the vehicle. Any other warranties are not automatically voided by any means. If you were to experience any failure on your car, the technician would have to prove that the failure was caused by our parts or calibration.

For more information on the Ford Performance Parts warranty statement, follow this link:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I bought the 100,000 mile warranty so I was curious if flashing this tune would void my extended warranty.

Here is the response.

If the car is registered for Ford Performance Parts warranty, which is a supplemental warranty, it is good for 3 years / 36,000 miles from the original purchase date of the vehicle. Any other warranties are not automatically voided by any means. If you were to experience any failure on your car, the technician would have to prove that the failure was caused by our parts or calibration.

For more information on the Ford Performance Parts warranty statement, follow this link:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/

After reading the warranty from ford performance, basically the factory warranty is not voided. You are right, if the tune is to blame, it is covered under ford performance's 3/36k warranty. If the tune is not to blame, it is covered under factory warranty.
Sponsored