I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Hi All,

just wanted to see if there are people who bought the car and realized they chose the wrong model/package and reasons for the same.

For ex, someone who got a V6 and regret not going for the ecoboost or someone who got the ecoboost and regret not going to the v8 or vice-versa

If there is anyone falling in this category, pleas mention the reason for the same.
No regret at all! The main options that I had to have were the 5.0 with performance pack.
Sponsored

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
I wish I would have gone with the Shaker Pro audio system but didn't want to pay for things in the package that were deleted when you order PP/Recaro. We have the pro in one of the company cars and it sounds amazing, the stock system is just OK.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not exactly regret but I am not looking forward to buying a new set of P zeros thats for sure.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the answer.

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
I've had the car five days and have used nav over a dozen times. You may have a different experience, but for me it's invaluable.

Just an alternative viewpoint - I opted out of the nav because my cell with Google Maps does it better than any in-dash system I've seen. The Mustang even has a couple charging points for long trips so your cell won't drain. Built-in nav would be fancy, but I can think of a great many fancier things to be had for $800. You could get a $400 tablet with a giant screen, attach it to your dash and still have $400 left over to pay for a data plan. And you wouldn't have to fiddle around with the nav device to adjust your radio station :p in short, cute toy for $200 but not worth $800 IMO.

Sponsored

Runamuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I regret purchasing a manual as my daily driver as opposed to an automatic. If money was no object, I would purchase a 2015 GT auto as a daily driver and keep my 2015 GT manual as the weekend car...

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Just an alternative viewpoint - I opted out of the nav because my cell with Google Maps does it better than any in-dash system I've seen. The Mustang even has a couple charging points for long trips so your cell won't drain. Built-in nav would be fancy, but I can think of a great many fancier things to be had for $800. You could get a $400 tablet with a giant screen, attach it to your dash and still have $400 left over to pay for a data plan. And you wouldn't have to fiddle around with the nav device to adjust your radio station :p in short, cute toy for $200 but not worth $800 IMO.
Same here. And that MFT lags like crazy compared to a phone from like even 2 years ago. I mean Google Nav takes 1/10th the time to input a destination, always with voice in my case. That thing isn't worth $800 let alone $200. I'd take it if it were free and probably still end up just using my phone.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I've been using my phone for nav ever since I first got a phone with nav; I got really really sick of having to hold my phone in my right hand while driving and keep staring down at the tiny screen every five seconds.

Plus, my phone has a tendency to shut itself off all the time at random intervals and I'd have to re-enter the nav info once it reboots -- not a particularly attractive option to do while driving in heavy traffic. And an $800 nav system in the car isn't that much more expensive than a new $750 phone would be (I pay full price on phones to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon).

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Same here. And that MFT lags like crazy compared to a phone from like even 2 years ago. I mean Google Nav takes 1/10th the time to input a destination, always with voice in my case. That thing isn't worth $800 let alone $200. I'd take it if it were free and probably still end up just using my phone.
On the base Sync, I have my phone (WP 8.1 with Cortana) connected via BT in which I am sent directions via a brief call. It automatically connects, gives the direction update, and then disconnects. It also mutes any audio going on and resumes in-between direction updates. I'm really surprised at how well it works so far.

Sure, I would prefer to have visuals but it comes in handy when driving through states that ban hand devices like MD. Aftermarket NAV is almost always better anyway so it might warrant an upgrade down the road.

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
I've been using my phone for nav ever since I first got a phone with nav; I got really really sick of having to hold my phone in my right hand while driving and keep staring down at the tiny screen every five seconds.

Plus, my phone has a tendency to shut itself off all the time at random intervals and I'd have to re-enter the nav info once it reboots -- not a particularly attractive option to do while driving in heavy traffic. And an $800 nav system in the car isn't that much more expensive than a new $750 phone would be (I pay full price on phones to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon).

I never hold my phone while driving - dangerous and (in most states) illegal. I have a little squidgy holder that secures the phone to the dash. I disable notifications so the phone only gives me directions for my journey. I could even leave my phone in my pocket and it will still give me turn-by-turn speaking directions.

Sponsored

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang
No regrets at all.

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Ultimately these built in nav user experiences are so inferior to Google that it becomes a case of not only paying too much, but of living with something with a tangibly reduced quality of service to boot. The absolutely great thing about Google Maps and phones is that first off it's cellular augmented aGPS which is far superior to stand alone GPS in signal lock because its adding in cell tower data to help triangulate its position. Secondly, you're dealing with a constantly maintained always live POI and roads database with Google. Thirdly, and this is the most important to me by far, Google just knows search and consequently telling their GPS where to go is 1 gazillion times easier. I'll give you an example. I wanted to go to the Safeway in Totem Lake. Now Totem Lake isn't a city, it isn't really a neighborhood, it's basically a part of another city that residents over time have coloquially named Totem Lake. What do I do with Google Maps? I don't worry about looking up locations or addresses before hand for that Safeway. I pop up the app, in one second say 'Go to Safeway in Totem Lake". And that's it. Google interprets the context,what I mean when I'm asking for Totem Lake based off of where I'm located, etc etc. I could just as easily say "I need gas now". Same deal. Try all this with your built in nav. Itd never find it. Itd ask you for a city or a zip or a whole list of every safeway around you

Kongman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Silver V6 and 15 DIB GT
My only regret is having to buy winter tires because I chose the performance package. And I would do it the same all over again...
They should offer tire type as an option for the PP. People down south would probably rather have the summers, up north the winters and where I live the A/S's...

Kongman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Silver V6 and 15 DIB GT
Or get a garmin nuvi for $200.00 that you can see at eye view, I don't want to look down at a nav system while driving

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Definitely not. I don't like large touch screens, and I believe Ford nailed the "base" model interior.

My only sort of regret is the PP wheels..I love the look, when they're clean!!
Sponsored