JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Did he ever specify what is actually wrong or what he has been seeing as "drinking gas?"
He's been complaining about the car before he even got it really. Every single thread is a new issue (or he has a similar issue to what's being discussed), it's not just been one issue he's had (though the power/gas issue is one mentioned multiple times).

Part of me isn't even convinced he has the car, cynical I know. If he does, he just needs to cut his losses and move on, the stress and unhappiness can't be good for his health.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
He's been complaining about the car before he even got it really. Every single thread is a new issue (or he has a similar issue to what's being discussed), it's not just been one issue he's had (though the power/gas issue is one mentioned multiple times).

Part of me isn't even convinced he has the car, cynical I know. If he does, he just needs to cut his losses and move on, the stress and unhappiness can't be good for his health.

Looking back at all his posts I have to agree with you. This looks like a case of buyers remorse that is turning into a snowball or problems that he is looking for and stretching to make viable in his mind.

Sell the car move on...

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Nothing BUT regret here. Didnt really want a mustang, let myself get talked into it. Then I talked myself out of the GT after seeing the EPA ratings. Then I end up with a car that so clearly has an engine problem (judging by the way it sounds, feels, and drinks gas) that no one can diagnose and even a tune didnt help.

The writing is on the wall--I have GOT to just take a loss and get rid of it. Otherwise Im going to end up like that dude that took a sledgehammer to his BMW....
Well can you post your specs of your car and what EB you bought and packages? What mode are you driving in? How are you driving it? I mean that all factors into MPG.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I came within an inch of buying an Ecoboost Premium auto. Then I drove a GT PP. I realized the EB would have given me all I wanted in a car - plenty of pickup, style and practicality. However, the GT made me realize how enjoyable a car can be. I don't care if it means I have to keep it 10 years, I had to have the V8 PP. It's not that I would have regretted the EB - I would just never have known what I would have been missing.
Ding ding ding. Exactly the same feeling here.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Well can you post your specs of your car and what EB you bought and packages? What mode are you driving in? How are you driving it? I mean that all factors into MPG.
I thought I was getting crappy mpg at first ... then I had realized I was doing the shifting all wrong ... I adjusted my shifting habits from my Audi to the mustang was almost like learning how to drive a manual all over again... 800 miles now and my gt is averaging right about 18.. better when I spend more time on the highway even with some spirited driving and it's only my second full tank of 93 octane consecutively since 11/25

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
just wanted to see if there are people who bought the car and realized they chose the wrong model/package and reasons for the same.
I just kept checking option boxes until that wouldn't be an issue. :first:

Still waiting on my car, but so far the only second thought I had was color. I saw Deep Impact Blue in person and really liked it. Still sticking with Guard as I've wanted another dark green GT vert for over a decade now.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
I thought I was getting crappy mpg at first ... then I had realized I was doing the shifting all wrong ... I adjusted my shifting habits from my Audi to the mustang was almost like learning how to drive a manual all over again... 800 miles now and my gt is averaging right about 18.. better when I spend more time on the highway even with some spirited driving and it's only my second full tank of 93 octane consecutively since 11/25

What did you change

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No regrets whatsoever! Plus I can't get over how much better the S550 is compared to the S197. It's a much bigger upgrade than I was expecting.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Just the speeds of shifting gears if driving normal and going into sixth 40 & up. Fifth for 30 to 40 range depending on the situations

Sponsored

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Not exactly regret but I am not looking forward to buying a new set of P zeros thats for sure.

Also I'm still bouncing back and forth on my decision to not get nav. On one hand, whats 800 bucks on a $40k car, on the other, I couldn't count on one hand the amount of times I would have used it in the last 5 years, and even when I do I prefer Waze over any OEM nav.

Zavadoza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Convenience Pack Ruby Red
One regret...

No regrets on the model. GT Premium, PP, 401a, 68b, nav. I finally scratched an 11 year itch for a Stang. I've had a couple of turbocharged 4 cyl engine cars and the big difference in my mind on getting a GT is having a car that wants to go fast vs having a V8 that IS fast and powerful.

I regret getting the adaptive cruise control. When I ordered my car I only had forums and guesswork to go off of. The dealership was clueless. I heard this option gave a Heads Up Display and I was hoping it would have a few sweet features. The HUD is just red lights that look like the front of Kit on Knight Rider to warn you about a potential collision. I see it when I start the car, but have yet to see it in action. The other features don't stack up to $1,495 for me.

I LOVE this car

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
I have adaptive cruise on my 13 Explorer, and I love it. I can drive all day on the freeway, and never touch the brake. And it also keeps you at a safe distance from the slower moving vehicle in front of you. As soon as you move into the passing lane, it picks right back up. Also have collision warning, and it has worked many times when a slow moving vehicle is turning right in front of me. lets me know to stay alert.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Not exactly regret but I am not looking forward to buying a new set of P zeros thats for sure.

Also I'm still bouncing back and forth on my decision to not get nav. On one hand, whats 800 bucks on a $40k car, on the other, I couldn't count on one hand the amount of times I would have used it in the last 5 years, and even when I do I prefer Waze over any OEM nav.
I've had the car five days and have used nav over a dozen times. You may have a different experience, but for me it's invaluable.
Sponsored