Sponsored

Let’s talk Throttle Body upgrade on NA 5.0

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I like sending my TB. 1 , I will not be able to drive my car and 2 I won't have my OEM TB to go back to if I don't like it.
but you were just modest-bragging about having $$$$ to throw around. I nominate you for buying a new TB and sending it in. Then a meticulously documented write-up with a plot of instant-torque measured off the crank shaft, 120fps video showing airflow/eddy and CFD models showing laminar flow improvements. And a network of pressure sensors around the buttusky for that all important instrument. Maybe a phased array of neuro-impluse trackers to measure the quantifiable improvement in satisfaction, and joy?

That should keep you occupied for a while, instead of asking the same question 4 differway ways in as many threads in as many days.

PS. we love you man. :) :)
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
but you were just modest-bragging about having $$$$ to throw around. I nominate you for buying a new TB and sending it in. Then a meticulously documented write-up with a plot of instant-torque measured off the crank shaft, 120fps video showing airflow/eddy and CFD models showing laminar flow improvements. And a network of pressure sensors around the buttusky for that all important instrument. Maybe a phased array of neuro-impluse trackers to measure the quantifiable improvement in satisfaction, and joy?

That should keep you occupied for a while, instead of asking the same question 4 differway ways in as many threads in as many days.

Wow. Harsh. 😂

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Damn Matt, My butt dyno is hurt after that one! LOL

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
So I’ve had my 21 Mach 1 for 3 years and 22k miles now and I love it but always looking for the next mod for a little more without going too far.
Engine Performance wise I have a flex tune, h-pipe & AirRaid filter.
Feel like the only next thing other than FI is headers and I’m not interested in the volume increase in the cabin or expense for 20hp.
So, 2 days ago I see the vendor, Soler Performance who sells Throttle Bodies for $500 that supposedly have a lot of seat of the pants power bump, drivability, & street liveliness benefits.
No special tuning, 10 min install.
I looked up some threads back in 22 and lots of people from GT’s , Bullits , and gt350’s had good things to say.
Some people were skeptical.
Looking for more input from others who may of tried this mod or heard things 2 years later.
Here’s the link- https://www.solerengineering.com/ford-motor/bullitt-mach1

Save your money, the TB on the car is already plenty for the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling he's on here more for validation of his impending purchase of said product rather than trying to decide if it's worth it or not.
Not at all. I actually listen and value all of your opinions. After hearing all your thoughts I'm not as eager to do this. Juice isn't worth the squeeze here maybe.
Not sure why I'm getting hate for starting a thread to ask opinions on a mod not talked about too much.
I asked in a Mach 1 thread and nobody knew anything so then I created a thread.
I put a lot of thought and research in things before I do them.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
A throttle body that doesn't require tuning? What's the point then? It can't quite possibly add any horsepower
More airflow = gains. How much ? who knows. But there are gains
Pro Tip: the PCM really doesn't care what happens after the MAF airflow wise.
It'll compensate. Same principle as adding long tubes & CAT delete.
Technically no tune required.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put a lot of thought and research in things before I do them.
so, onions and mustard on that 'dog' or chilli? :)

it's a good thing I don't live in Chicago-land anymore (Wheaton/Evanston/RogersPark) or we might run the risk of becoming friends.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
so, onions and mustard on that 'dog' or chilli? :)

it's a good thing I don't live in Chicago-land anymore (Wheaton/Evanston) or we might run the risk of becoming friends.
As long as you don't put Ketchup on your Hotdog, we could be friends! :crackup:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No hatin’ on my part brothers. The simplest way to put this is, there won’t be a noticeable bump on hp (maybe 2-5 hp, if that). If you tune the car down the road you may see more of a benefit.

The mod is so simple, anyone can do it. Just unplug the connector from the tb, unplug the connector from the CAI tube and remove the tube. Remove the four bolts holding the tb to the intake manifold (10MM socket) and remove the tb. Fit the new tb in place (torque bolts to 89 in-lbs), reinstall the CAI tube and you’re done.

Here’s the one I bought from Summit and sent in.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-9926-m50b

I know you didn’t want to send yours in and have any down time, but service was super quick, with a 1 week turn time total for me (to and back from Soler). If you have another car to drive you can save yourself the cost of a new tb and only pay for the porting which was something like $275 the last time I checked their website almost 2 years ago.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No hatin’ on my part brothers. The simplest way to put this is, there won’t be a noticeable bump on hp (maybe 2-5 hp, if that). If you tune the car down the road you may see more of a benefit.

The mod is so simple, anyone can do it. Just unplug the connector from the tb, unplug the connector from the CAI tube and remove the tube. Remove the four bolts holding the tb to the intake manifold (10MM socket) and remove the tb. Fit the new tb in place (torque bolts to 89 in-lbs), reinstall the CAI tube and you’re done.

Here’s the one I bought from Summit and sent in.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-9926-m50b

I know you didn’t want to send yours in and have any down time, but service was super quick, with a 1 week turn time total for me (to and back from Soler). If you have another car to drive you can save yourself the cost of a new tb and only pay for the porting which was something like $275 the last time I checked their website almost 2 years ago.
You forgot the 60 degree angle turn after to hit the proper tightness

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes, I’m aware of that, but I don’t do that on mine, for fear of breaking the bolts off. I stick with 89 in-lbs to ensure I don’t create any problems for myself.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As long as you don't put Ketchup on your Hotdog, we could be friends! :crackup:
Despite my affections for a lot of Clint Eastwood's roles over the years, I STILL like ketchup and onions on a hotdog. I like mustard too, so don't throw anything at me.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Despite my affections for a lot of Clint Eastwood's roles over the years, I STILL like ketchup and onions on a hotdog. I like mustard too, so don't throw anything at me.
It's just wrong, very wrong... but your not from Chicago so I can't totally fault you... :crackup:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
7ft/lb + 60deg? it's like a M5(?) fastener. Moderate hand-tight is more than plenty
Sponsored