Sponsored

I feel the hate

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
Do what I do. Sit there and let them honk and when the light turns yellow, hit it at the last second and make them wait at the red light. :)
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Do what I do. Sit there and let them honk and when the light turns yellow, hit it at the last second and make them wait at the red light. :)
Two wrong's don't make a right >.>

stctippr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT
I have also noticed that people tend to move out of the way for me more quickly if they see me coming up behind them in the left lane. I've only had my GT for a few weeks but its funny to see how other drivers react differently to me on the road these days. I upgraded big time from an 03 Forester.

I still haven't gotten used to the people weaving in and out of traffic to catch a better glimpse of my car. And then there's the people in their M5's that feel they have to justify their 10s of thousands of dollars more expensive purchase whenever they seem me on the highway by speeding up to 120 mph to lose me.

Canktm25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
15' Ruby Red GT Premium PP leather Recaros
I've been feeling the hate from other middle aged men driving minivans/SUVs.
It happened 2x yesterday within 10 min in NJ.

1st time I was at a light, the SUV behind me honked like a crazy mofo bc I took half a sec longer getting into 1st gear. there's honking then there's angrily honking for no reason. after I got the car moving, the guy cut me off. I moved to a different lane. he saw me accelerating, then he started to accelerate, too! REALLY? dude really thought he was fast and furious in his Dodge Caravan? by the time I was in 4th gear, he was way way way way back. haha.

2nd time I was just at an intersection and the minivan dude behind me was beeping me angrily as well. I did not take long to move at all.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of haters out there that see your Mustang then get mad at themselves for driving their family SUV/minivans.

what's up with the hate.
I started a thread on this very subject and I will have to agree with you. I've driven my '04 F-150 since '05 never had a person beep at me or looked pissed off until i started driving My Mustang.

I'm not sleeping at the light or anything I just think people are jealous in these times where money is tight.. Like I said in my other thread, it sucks to be them.

Last edited:

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I don't notice anything odd at all. I try very hard to be polite to others and for the most part I think other drivers are very polite to me.

There are some jerks around. I agree. I don't think they are jerks because of the car I drive. They are just jerks. .. and some people are just dumb or oblivious. .. and some people didn't get enough sleep last night. .. and some people are having trouble in their personal or professional lives.

I do my best to give people the benefit of the doubt and try to be nice, but I'm also human and sometimes there are issues for me as well. I think driving can be a test of your understanding, forgiveness and kindness to others. Try to pass!
Good to hear "Minnesota Nice" is alive and well.:cheers:

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I didnt know there's a 3-car-length rule on long island. may not be sufficient if you are driving 65/75+ MPH on LIE/GCP
you should see how it is out here. most use only 1 carlength, i'm one of the ones that leave too much room because i don't like to tailgate.

as long as people use the left lane for passing only, the world will be a better place. but that's too much to ask around here.

boomer46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, PP, Race Red
Me being an old geezer myself, if I'm driving my first Mustang I've ever owned, my 2015 GT Premium Race Red w/the PP and get honked at by some old geezer driving an SUV or mini-van, I'd probably turn around and look at him in the eye and flip him off. You get my age, 68, you don't put up with crap from other drivers for doing nothing, esp not shifting into 1st fast enough for his majesty the little king of the road behind me. I'd love to have seen the look on his face when you left him in the dust. Guy was just a plain ignorant a-hole.

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
I've been feeling the hate from other middle aged men driving minivans/SUVs.
It happened 2x yesterday within 10 min in NJ.

1st time I was at a light, the SUV behind me honked like a crazy mofo bc I took half a sec longer getting into 1st gear. there's honking then there's angrily honking for no reason. after I got the car moving, the guy cut me off. I moved to a different lane. he saw me accelerating, then he started to accelerate, too! REALLY? dude really thought he was fast and furious in his Dodge Caravan? by the time I was in 4th gear, he was way way way way back. haha.

2nd time I was just at an intersection and the minivan dude behind me was beeping me angrily as well. I did not take long to move at all.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of haters out there that see your Mustang then get mad at themselves for driving their family SUV/minivans.

what's up with the hate.
I hate to burst your bubble dude, but you live in the tristate area. Everyone here is an asshole. It has nothing to do with what you're driving, I have had people give me issues, and i'm driving a 12 year old audi. If you aren't going 40 over the speed limit, and jumping red lights, you're too slow for someone out there.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Funny, I realized I'm still programmed to the noise level on my old WRX for shift points. Turns out I have an extra 3000 RPM I don't use often. Takes care of haters much better now.

Sponsored

StuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 'vert
Frustrated knuckle draggers

We call those envious D-bags, "frustrated mini-van drivers." Envious of anyone with a perceived better/faster car and hating their wife/husband for making them buy the POS they must drive.
Women, especially young girls and soccer moms in SUV's, also suffer the envy affliction. I try to simply ignore them, until their butt-head moves endanger me or my cars.
Then.....occasionally, we must "show them some pipes" and take off. (Term comes from having owned open sidepipe 427 Cobra and 427 Vette's)
Most have no idea how quickly a true sports car can move, when required.
The world is full of morons and those who hate themselves and their own crappy cars.

OP
OP

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EcoBoooooost w/PP MT
I hate to burst your bubble dude, but you live in the tristate area. Everyone here is an asshole. It has nothing to do with what you're driving, I have had people give me issues, and i'm driving a 12 year old audi. If you aren't going 40 over the speed limit, and jumping red lights, you're too slow for someone out there.
that's generalization to say EVERYONE is an ahole in the tri-state area.
i didnt get honked when I was driving a POS Saturn or Hyundai.

OP
OP

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EcoBoooooost w/PP MT
Here is a thought...if people are behind you, want to pass you, you can move to the right and you don't like them passing on the right, perhaps you could move to the right? Just a suggestion..:shrug:
letting someone pass is fine. but dont tailgate me then slow down after I've moved over. some people just want to be 1st in the pack then get scared of getting pulled over by cops
Sponsored