Sponsored

I feel the hate

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EcoBoooooost w/PP MT
I've been feeling the hate from other middle aged men driving minivans/SUVs.
It happened 2x yesterday within 10 min in NJ.

1st time I was at a light, the SUV behind me honked like a crazy mofo bc I took half a sec longer getting into 1st gear. there's honking then there's angrily honking for no reason. after I got the car moving, the guy cut me off. I moved to a different lane. he saw me accelerating, then he started to accelerate, too! REALLY? dude really thought he was fast and furious in his Dodge Caravan? by the time I was in 4th gear, he was way way way way back. haha.

2nd time I was just at an intersection and the minivan dude behind me was beeping me angrily as well. I did not take long to move at all.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of haters out there that see your Mustang then get mad at themselves for driving their family SUV/minivans.

what's up with the hate.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest watching the lights and just before it turns green put the clutch in and go into 1st gear. Obviously not being there, I don't know how long is "not long", but I have noticed people get angry before.

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
This always happens. They are honking only because they are hoping you get upset. you are in a SEA of people who have an inferiority complex so it is pretty normal if you get honked at a lot.

G_Money_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PREM PP
Yea, the Mustang is a very polarizing car. Plenty of love, but plenty of hate.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I know how you feel. Saturday night I was slowing to take one of those right turns that are a bit less than 90*..so i went wide a little and an oncoming suv crossed the centerline, layed into his horn and acted like he was going to run me down..As i completed my turn, i looked back and he had stopped in the road and fully gestured me ...WTF!!

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Never really get that. I have one of those don't f with me looks on my face usually so that's probably part of it. My hobbies are lifting weights, running, bicycling, basketball so I'm in great shape. Pretty sure soccer dad in minivan knows not to f with me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i feel more love from other sports car owners. I ran into a few challengers, camaros, mustangs, that caught up to me to check out my Stang, but peacefully drove away with no drama.
but there was one souped up civic that was tailgating me for a few minutes just being a jerk. I sped up, he sped up, i slowed down, he slowed down.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
My brother used to drive a two door Audi A5. Then he had to trade it in for a Honda Minivan after he had two babies. Now coupled with sleepless nights, and driving a Minivan, I'd say he's pretty disgruntled.

OP
OP

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would suggest watching the lights and just before it turns green put the clutch in and go into 1st gear. Obviously not being there, I don't know how long is "not long", but I have noticed people get angry before.
I was in the middle lane. I took off and ended up half a car's length behind the cars on my left and right. thats why I said, not too long. i guess the guy behind was expecting me to do a drag launch :lol:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I would suggest watching the lights and just before it turns green put the clutch in and go into 1st gear.
... isn't this the normal way of driving? Do people normally just wait for their light to change colors or something?

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Texters have given everyone who delays at a light a bad name. It seems if you haven't anticipated when the light will turn and wait until it actually is green, you're not paying attention. People need to take a breath and relax.
Sponsored