Sponsored

I feel the hate

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
2 things. it's subaru, not suburu. also, if youre going to do a standard gap of 10 carlenghts, move over from the passing lane.
One of my biggest pet peeves are misspellings/typos/grammatical errors. Every time I see one I roll my eyes. But taking the time to correct someone on the internet is just as annoying. Roll your eyes and move on... or double check your own posts first.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
in my defense that's a typo, not a spelling error, much like how "the" comes out as "teh" sometimes when you're typing fast. and yes, it's SUBARU not SUBURU. that really annoys me. just like holloween vs halloween

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
in my defense that's a typo, not a spelling error, much like how "the" comes out as "teh" sometimes when you're typing fast. and yes, it's SUBARU not SUBURU. that really annoys me. just like holloween vs halloween
It's all good, annoys me too. Just couldn't pass up on the bit of irony.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
LOL yeah i even saw the red line under it indicating a spelling error, and i just assumed it was due to carlength isn't really a word but 2 words.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MkVII GTI
I felt the hate in New Jersey, not Westchester. I rarely see minivans in westchester, they are mostly luxury SUVs. people who drive Porsche Cayenne arent that mad at life.
Mustang or not, there's generally plenty of aggressive drivers here. I deal with them on a weekly basis.

Sponsored

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
2 things. it's subaru, not suburu. also, if youre going to do a standard gap of 10 carlenghts, move over from the passing lane.
Okay, the name is noted, thanks. If YOU want to follow along closer than 10 car lengths at 77 MPH in a 55 zone while someone is right on your rear bumper than go ahead and pass me on the right or the shoulder and join in with all the other lunies out there. Oh wait, maybe that should be lunatics.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Okay, the name is noted, thanks. If YOU want to follow along closer than 10 car lengths at 77 MPH in a 55 zone while someone is right on your rear bumper than go ahead and pass me on the right or the shoulder and join in with all the other lunies out there. Oh wait, maybe that should be lunatics.
we follow a 3 car length rule here. anything larger than that you need to move over. protect your lane. even 3 car lengths isnt enough here... but i dont like to tailgate, so if I see someone trying to "cheat", i close the gap a little until they back off.

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
It doesn't matter what car I'm driving I see so much bad driving habits every day. I'm starting to see at stoplights when the light turns green the crazing driver across the intersection floors it and turns left in front of everone-so rude and dangerous. Here in the Greater Toronto Area are some of the busiest highways in North America-there is nowhere in the region you can use cruise control and if you are driving a safe distance from the car ahead of you someone will slip into the hole--the speed limit is 100kmh but thats just a suggestion--your blocking traffic even in the driving lanes unless you are doing 120kmh--Its f**cking insane but the crazy part is you get used to it.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
It doesn't matter what car I'm driving I see so much bad driving habits every day. I'm starting to see at stoplights when the light turns green the crazing driver across the intersection floors it and turns left in front of everone-so rude and dangerous. Here in the Greater Toronto Area are some of the busiest highways in North America-there is nowhere in the region you can use cruise control and if you are driving a safe distance from the car ahead of you someone will slip into the hole--the speed limit is 100kmh but thats just a suggestion--your blocking traffic even in the driving lanes unless you are doing 120kmh--Its f**cking insane but the crazy part is you get used to it.
If you're doing 120 on the DVP south of the 401, then you need to wake up from your dream.

OP
OP

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EcoBoooooost w/PP MT
we follow a 3 car length rule here. anything larger than that you need to move over. protect your lane. even 3 car lengths isnt enough here... but i dont like to tailgate, so if I see someone trying to "cheat", i close the gap a little until they back off.
I didnt know there's a 3-car-length rule on long island. may not be sufficient if you are driving 65/75+ MPH on LIE/GCP

Sponsored

ry1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 convenience pk, shadow black
Here is a thought...if people are behind you, want to pass you, you can move to the right and you don't like them passing on the right, perhaps you could move to the right? Just a suggestion..:shrug:

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
Getting back to the original topic. It may just be a new mustang kind of thing. I never had anything happen with my 2000 convertible and I have never had anything happen with my F150. But the very first day I had the new Mustang I had people getting close and backing off then getting close and backing off. For the most part it's a lot of looks and smiles. Even had a car load of college girls ask for a ride. But there are the occasional instances with douchbags. :shrug:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I've been feeling the hate from other middle aged men driving minivans/SUVs.
It happened 2x yesterday within 10 min in NJ.

1st time I was at a light, the SUV behind me honked like a crazy mofo bc I took half a sec longer getting into 1st gear. there's honking then there's angrily honking for no reason. after I got the car moving, the guy cut me off. I moved to a different lane. he saw me accelerating, then he started to accelerate, too! REALLY? dude really thought he was fast and furious in his Dodge Caravan? by the time I was in 4th gear, he was way way way way back. haha.

2nd time I was just at an intersection and the minivan dude behind me was beeping me angrily as well. I did not take long to move at all.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of haters out there that see your Mustang then get mad at themselves for driving their family SUV/minivans.

what's up with the hate.
Middle aged guys are just jealous you got a car they wish they were driving

Thanks for the heads up buddy! :thumbsup:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
... isn't this the normal way of driving? Do people normally just wait for their light to change colors or something?
I'm practicing for my future role in a F&F remake, either as Brian or Dom :lol:
Sponsored