Sponsored

I feel the hate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I used to flip off asshole drivers in NYC, but there are too many gun nuts in this state to risk it here.

And honestly, whenever I see an S550 I see more people gawking at and taking out their cell phones to take pictures than I do hating on them. Hell, I gawk at them all the time, but I'm over the pictures phase.
Sponsored

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
the SUV behind me honked like a crazy mofo bc I took half a sec longer getting into 1st gear.
Sounds like a little Line Lock action is in order the next time this happens. :headbang:

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
one other time I was trying to parallel park when the light was red. had my blinker on and was about to back up, but this car rolled up next to me, blocking me. aholes everywhere.
That is when you sit there with your blinker on until they go around. I used to live in Charleston, SC and everywhere is parallel parking downtown. This would happen all the time with tourist not knowing where they are going and pull right up on your bumper. I would sit there for however long it took for the person to go around me. Parking is hard to come by downtown there, I don't have time for your stupidity.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
... isn't this the normal way of driving? Do people normally just wait for their light to change colors or something?
Yes it certainly is normal, for me at least.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I've been feeling the hate from other middle aged men driving minivans/SUVs.
It happened 2x yesterday within 10 min in NJ.

1st time I was at a light, the SUV behind me honked like a crazy mofo bc I took half a sec longer getting into 1st gear. there's honking then there's angrily honking for no reason. after I got the car moving, the guy cut me off. I moved to a different lane. he saw me accelerating, then he started to accelerate, too! REALLY? dude really thought he was fast and furious in his Dodge Caravan? by the time I was in 4th gear, he was way way way way back. haha.

2nd time I was just at an intersection and the minivan dude behind me was beeping me angrily as well. I did not take long to move at all.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of haters out there that see your Mustang then get mad at themselves for driving their family SUV/minivans.

what's up with the hate.
you sure it's not the fact it's the state you are in?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't notice anything odd at all. I try very hard to be polite to others and for the most part I think other drivers are very polite to me.

There are some jerks around. I agree. I don't think they are jerks because of the car I drive. They are just jerks. .. and some people are just dumb or oblivious. .. and some people didn't get enough sleep last night. .. and some people are having trouble in their personal or professional lives.

I do my best to give people the benefit of the doubt and try to be nice, but I'm also human and sometimes there are issues for me as well. I think driving can be a test of your understanding, forgiveness and kindness to others. Try to pass!

OP
OP

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EcoBoooooost w/PP MT
I don't notice anything odd at all. I try very hard to be polite to others and for the most part I think other drivers are very polite to me.

There are some jerks around. I agree. I don't think they are jerks because of the car I drive. They are just jerks. .. and some people are just dumb or oblivious. .. and some people didn't get enough sleep last night. .. and some people are having trouble in their personal or professional lives.

I do my best to give people the benefit of the doubt and try to be nice, but I'm also human and sometimes there are issues for me as well. I think driving can be a test of your understanding, forgiveness and kindness to others. Try to pass!
I almost never had people honking me at a stop sign or light when I drove my POS Saturn. haha. I guess people felt bad for me.

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
It's definitely a mix. I get a ton of compliments - "how do you like it" or "hey man, nice car!"

I also can read people pretty well, and being only 25, I get a ton of looks from people who are clearly thinking "how did this punkass kid afford this car?" They probably think my parents bought it or something.

Anyway, I can see that look in peoples' eyes, and that part definitely bugs me. A lot of hard work and dedication got me where I am today.

The biggest difference is that people fail to realize how much money they waste on bullshit - so much that they could probably afford this car. If you're smoking a pack a day, you're talking like $50/week in cigarettes. That's $200/mo just on that. Take out a few more things you waste money on and bam, there's your new car payment!

So you either waste money every month on cigarettes and booze, or you're like me and you waste it on a brand new car. Or both, if you're really lucky :)

To each their own I suppose. Everyone has different priorities.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
There's people with road rage everywhere. I once drove in the left most lane, doing 20kph OVER the speedlimit. It is illegal to overtake on the right here, so I had this pant up guy in his VW Golf. First opportunity I moved over to the right (the traffic was kinda heavy), this guy cuts me off flips me the bird, gives me some 'brake tests' and races off. WTF man ... :shrug:

... and I wasn't even driving a sports car.

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
I've had the opposite experience - when driving the Prius, people cut me off and generally ignore me. When driving the Mustang GT, people tend to get out of the way and let me in. I drive pretty much the same way, conservatively and generally close to the speed limit in both cars.

With both young kids in the back of the Mustang, I do get stares from the mini-van driving dads, more longing than hate though.

My favorite strategy for assholes in other cars is to ignore them completely. If they want to drag race at a stoplight in their crappy car, I go ahead and let them blast away. We all know who would win anyway, and I'd rather go home alive and without a ticket.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Beats being mean mugged while driving anything with a roundel.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I would say that it isn't the car or you. You are just in the way of their supposedly self declared worthwhile life. They are more important than you are, see?

Just this morning I was being tailgated by a woman in a Suburu wagon going 77 MPH down the freeway on my way to work. She was flashing her lights at me like she wanted me out of her way....10 car lengths in front of me was the bumper of another car I was following so where was she going to go? She got impatient and passed me on the right when there was a break in traffic and I saw she had the back plastered with activism bumper stickers. She wasn't making much progress and jumped lanes again and cut off a semi to try to pass everyone which caused a momentary lock up of the semi brakes followed by a long air horn blast. It did not seem to phase her.

These people are just plain numb to the real world....

And for the record, I count my Pontiac minivan as one of my all time favorite vehicles. Not because of its driving dynamics but because of what it could haul for the fuel it used. What else can you get 6 kids into and go on vacation? A 15 passenger full size van and get 8 MPG? We used to get 26-28 with that thing on the open road full and the AC on. I don't know what people do if they have large families now. Of course that is probably one of the topics of the activism bumper stickers on the back of that Suburu wagon this morning...over population....LOL.
2 things. it's subaru, not suburu. also, if youre going to do a standard gap of 10 carlenghts, move over from the passing lane.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
If you're paying attention, you'll know when cross traffic is supposed to stop. But knowing that doesn't mean it's your turn to go. Some lights only allow left turns to go first, some allow only straight ahead traffic, some allow both. So it depends on the light and your knowledge of that particular intersection. Not to mention, just because cross traffic has a red light doesn't mean all cars will stop. There's always someone trying to sneak through or not paying attention to their light. It's good to anticipate, I agree, but best to wait and be safe. I'd much rather avoid a potential accident and get an occasional honk, than be the first out of the gate.
one of my favorite things I found while driving in Czech republic was that, at the traffic lights, just before they turned green, the yellow and red lit simultaneously for about a half second. giving you a chance to get ready, also beneficial since the majority of cars are manuals. also, they generally didn't have stop signs, just little roundabouts. Wish they did that here, I bet it would make a huge difference in people's real world fuel economy.

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Around my area, I've been quiet the victim for ahole tailgaters but being in the heart of a city, almost everyone drives like that so its hard to tell if their being vindictive assholes or just impatient and could care less whats in front of them.
As for receiving weird looks, I get a good mixture of everything. I get bemused looks from people who I've guessed never seen a new mustang up close before walking by when I'm at lights, middle aged ladies catching looks at me when I pass her and her husband in their older VW golf or any other "sporty" family sedan on the highway, and my personal favorite; the whole "you don't look old enough to own that" look which I get from people when I get out of my car at restaurants and the like. Those make me laugh hard in the inside cause I'm 24 and having this car has been, believe it or not, been of the better financial decisions I've made in the past years :lol:
Sponsored