I feel the hate

OP
OP

Kwyjibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EcoBoooooost w/PP MT
I get a lot of hate for having my mustang people always tell me why u waste money on a mustang its a girl car also cuz theres a horse on the car they say it a girl car .
that makes zero sense. 2015 mustang looks anything but girly
Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I get a lot of hate for having my mustang people always tell me why u waste money on a mustang its a girl car also cuz theres a horse on the car they say it a girl car .
even if that was true...and that's a bad reason because???? Tell them they are idiots and know nothing!

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I've been feeling the hate from other middle aged men driving minivans/SUVs.
It happened 2x yesterday within 10 min in NJ.

1st time I was at a light, the SUV behind me honked like a crazy mofo bc I took half a sec longer getting into 1st gear. there's honking then there's angrily honking for no reason. after I got the car moving, the guy cut me off. I moved to a different lane. he saw me accelerating, then he started to accelerate, too! REALLY? dude really thought he was fast and furious in his Dodge Caravan? by the time I was in 4th gear, he was way way way way back. haha.

2nd time I was just at an intersection and the minivan dude behind me was beeping me angrily as well. I did not take long to move at all.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of haters out there that see your Mustang then get mad at themselves for driving their family SUV/minivans.

what's up with the hate.
Hahah just smile and be glad you don't have to drive a minivan. Nothing sucks the masculinity out of you like driving one of those.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
From what I've learned is that a "girl's car" is more determined by the color than anything else. But even that is a blanket statement that doesn't hold water.

Sponsored

filmamigo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang V6 fastback
The vast majority of people have given a wide berth to my Mustangs. Some like to cruise alongside to look, a few pull up and see if I want a challenge (usually black bimmers or Camaros.) My driving style is safe and respectful, and I get it returned to me.

But this past weekend I had four different minivans and SUVs pull up at lights and then floor it and try to cut me off. Seriously? Some people are really unhappy with their lives.

I've never understood car envy. People -- you are ADULTS and you have the choice of what car to drive. None of the hot/fun cars that my dad or I have driven over the years has been prohibitively expensive. Most people have WAY more money in their new Honda Accord than the (mostly used) MG's, Camaros, or Mustangs I have driven. I grew up sitting in the back seat of a '79 Capri RS (until I graduated to the driver seat!) There is no need to saddle yourself with a minivan because "someone told you it was the appropriate thing to do."

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I grew up sitting in the back seat of a '79 Capri RS (until I graduated to the driver seat!) There is no need to saddle yourself with a minivan because "someone told you it was the appropriate thing to do."
My sons grew up piling into the back of an '89 Mustang LX 5.0. Neither ever complained about the lack of space in the "Zoom Car," (named by my older son when he was about 2).

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Namaste

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I've been feeling the hate from other middle aged men driving minivans/SUVs.
It happened 2x yesterday within 10 min in NJ.

1st time I was at a light, the SUV behind me honked like a crazy mofo bc I took half a sec longer getting into 1st gear. there's honking then there's angrily honking for no reason. after I got the car moving, the guy cut me off. I moved to a different lane. he saw me accelerating, then he started to accelerate, too! REALLY? dude really thought he was fast and furious in his Dodge Caravan? by the time I was in 4th gear, he was way way way way back. haha.

2nd time I was just at an intersection and the minivan dude behind me was beeping me angrily as well. I did not take long to move at all.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of haters out there that see your Mustang then get mad at themselves for driving their family SUV/minivans.

what's up with the hate.
I had a similar experience just this morning. A guy in at least his 50s pulled up at a light behind me in a crappy beat up civic and laid on the horn the instant the light turned green. I like to take off from lights and and I'm very observant. When the other light turned red I was already in gear and foot off the brake. My car was visibly moving before he even started honking.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There's always that one crazy horse-obsessed girl in school. I feel like everyone had to have come across one when they were a kid.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Ferrari's have horses on them too...

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I've never heard that overarchingly Mustangs are girl cars -- but it used to be that the V6's were sort of the privileged high school girl's car. Never the V8 though.

Just to get back on topic though, the first day I had my car some dude in a Miata or something (can't remember now) tried to keep me out of the lane I was trying to get into to enter the on ramp to a highway -- I didn't even have to go more than half throttle to get up and over before needing to stop for oncoming traffic to make the turn. I looked at him in the rearview -- he looked like someone pooped in his Cheerios...

ktapia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
you see it all the time, you want to switch lanes to get off the highway. you signal, but people purposely speed up as if saying..YOU ARE NOT GETTING IN FRONT OF ME! same situation with merging into a highway.
I've never had a problem like this with my V8 :shrug::lol:
Sponsored