Lagometer

Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Prem PP w/50 AP.
I went 65. THROUGH A SCHOOL ZONE FILLED WITH ORPHANS AND PUPPIES WITH A LIMP.

Honestly haven't even really driven it much at normal highway speeds yet.
You forgot the Nuns, don't forget the Nuns.
Sponsored

Daniel55645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Eco boost premium
So.... How fast has everyone gone in their new Mustang's? Please don't give sufficient detail to incriminate yourself.

120MPH... probably would have went faster (Definitely could have), but there is too much traffic this time of year, particularly if the weather is good. I have to say that the "Track mode" seems to have better response at higher speeds.
I did 100 mph the 1st day I had it. Then hit 115 in it a couple days later. Haven't gone faster than that yet. It def doesn't feel like you're driving that fast though.

Kongman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Silver V6 and 15 DIB GT
125 down the jersey turnpike on thanksgiving when not many cars on the road. I would have been able to go faster but kept coming up on people and slowed down even if they were in the other lane. I was able to do it and safely at the same time...

Sponsored

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
I went 65. THROUGH A SCHOOL ZONE FILLED WITH ORPHANS AND PUPPIES WITH A LIMP.
That was good.

these Spaceballs References are awesome!
Watched the movie after seeing several references to it.

Precious minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Can't believe that nobody has found the limit yet. At 120 I found out that I couldn't watch for police at the other side of the interstate and pay full attention to my driving at the same time so I chickened out.

Other thing, I've got the FR performance catback, and the sound for some reason makes me think of the movie vanishing point and that sort of freaks me out.

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
Note that the factory tires that come on my GT PP are Pirelli P Zero 275/40ZR19 101Y and are rated at speeds up to 186 MPH. If you buy tires that are rated at 101(Y), then your tires can go over 186 MPH. Note the 101 means the weight handling of the tire, so don't buy tires that are less than 101.

Did anybody remove the 155 MPH speed limiter (using the SCT x4 or other programmer) and make it to 5600 RPM in 6th? Just wondering as 5600 RPM in 6th is the max speed the tires are rated for and I just don't think it's safe to go over your max tire speed rating. Note that 6750 RPM in 5th is around 145 MPH for those who redline in 5th. 6th gear takes 20 seconds to get from 140 to 150 from what I have heard. I also don't recommend this at all, but if you did get some (Y) rated tires, I wonder at what speed the PP air-drag will limit you to when the speed limiter is removed? Note max geared speed at 6700 RPM in 6th is 222 MPH.

My GT with PP accelerates so quick, I get to speeds 'over the limit' within seconds, but then brake to a lower speed shortly after.

If the speed limit is x MPH (most speed limits are < 60 MPH), I can typically get to x + 20 MPH in about 2 seconds:

10 MPH only takes 0.32 seconds to get there
20 MPH only takes 0.95 seconds to get there
30 MPH only takes 1.60 seconds to get there
40 MPH only takes 2.50 seconds to get there
50 MPH only takes 3.33 seconds to get there
60 MPH only takes 4.30 seconds to get there

I think owning a car with such quick acceleration makes driving much more fun. I still have not had to replace my $320 a piece tires or the brakes, but fear that will be coming soon.

Brad34221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT
Did anybody remove the 155 MPH speed limiter (using the SCT x4 or other programmer) and make it to 5600 RPM in 6th?
The speed governor is on there for a reason; to prevent drive shaft failure!!! Look what occurred when the owner of a 2011 V6 removed his!!!!

[ame]

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
Hmmm, something very strange about the driveshaft breaking at 135 MPH, even on a V6. I would think the non-Z rated tires would be the first to go. It seemed strange that there was no vibration of the driveshaft as he approached that speed as it became out of alignment before snapping. Hoping my driveshaft lasts!!

Sponsored

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Hmmm, something very strange about the driveshaft breaking at 135 MPH, even on a V6. I would think the non-Z rated tires would be the first to go. It seemed strange that there was no vibration of the driveshaft as he approached that speed as it became out of alignment before snapping. Hoping my driveshaft lasts!!
No worries...mine lasted 1100 miles! :lol:

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
That sucks! Wonder if there is some quality issue or they didn't add enough grease to the couplings/gears? I would think the drive shaft would be one of the most important (well built) parts of the car - guess not.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
That sucks! Wonder if there is some quality issue or they didn't add enough grease to the couplings/gears? I would think the drive shaft would be one of the most important (well built) parts of the car - guess not.
They think it was just out-of-balance. I agree with you; they should have figured this one out by now.

It's ironic - my biggest concern with buying the '15 was the inevitable "first year" glitches, but the biggest issue to date is a carryover from the last generation!

I think I will name her after an old girlfriend - totally hot, but a little unbalanced! :D

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
This is a known problem specific to the one-piece driveshafts on 2011+ V6 models. It has to do with harmonic vibration in the the driveshaft itself due to the driveshaft design; it also occurred on dynos with V6's that had had their governor removed. This is not an issue on the V8 cars with a two-piece drive shaft.

Brad34221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT
This is a known problem specific to the one-piece driveshafts on 2011+ V6 models. It has to do with harmonic vibration in the the driveshaft itself due to the driveshaft design; it also occurred on dynos with V6's that had had their governor removed. This is not an issue on the V8 cars with a two-piece drive shaft.
So is that to say that the driveshafts of the V6 (and maybe EcoBoost models) of the 2015 Mustang's, also have that issue? If so, I would think that would be very important to know if ever considering any kind of top speed mod!!!
Sponsored