Sponsored

How Fast Have You Gone

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So is that to say that the driveshafts of the V6 (and maybe EcoBoost models) of the 2015 Mustang's, also have that issue? If so, I would think that would be very important to know if ever considering any kind of top speed mod!!!
The Ecoboosts use a different driveshaft. But yeah, problem still exists on V6 driveshafts. Whatever mods you do, DO NOT raise the governor on a V6.
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
That sucks! Wonder if there is some quality issue or they didn't add enough grease to the couplings/gears? I would think the drive shaft would be one of the most important (well built) parts of the car - guess not.
Go on Youtube and search for "Mustang V6 driveshaft" -- this happened to a TON of people:

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Really Guys? You breaking the law and putting in danger other people's life. Grow up, this is a shame and not something you should be proud of
dude stfu... honestly... if you want to go slow go buy a prius.. i didnt buy this car to not open it up.. if this thread bothers you stay off it.. i see people who cant even walk fucking drive cars.. get off your high horse.. I removed the gov. with the tune and went 161 on the highway... and i hope that upsets you.. go buy a different car..

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Really Guys? You breaking the law and putting in danger other people's life. Grow up, this is a shame and not something you should be proud of
I also hit 70 on the way home from work today in a 55 zone.. I don't want to say that im a badass or anything.. butttt i like to live on the edge. Im pretty sure i ran over the neighbors dog as well. when i went 40 in my 30 mph neighborhood.
told some 8 year old walking home to get the fuck off the road too.. I mean can you believe the nerve of this kid, thinking he can just waltz off the bus and walk in the road all the way home!! gonna hit that kid so hard next time and then back over him to make sure he learned his lesson..

Sponsored

Navyxrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
dude stfu... honestly... if you want to go slow go buy a prius.. i didnt buy this car to not open it up.. if this thread bothers you stay off it.. i see people who cant even walk fucking drive cars.. get off your high horse.. I removed the gov. with the tune and went 161 on the highway... and i hope that upsets you.. go buy a different car..
Oh, come on Ward, weren't you a little hard on the Beav, last night?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
OK, so I am somewhere in-between on this one, but this response is just beyond what I would expect from someone in this forum. There is clearly a line that crosses over into the idiotic on a public road, and where that line is depends on who you ask. I can understand those that know where a largely unused roadway is and push it for a time or two. But there are rules on the public roadways for a reason and you are knowingly taking your own life at the very least into your hands. But even if you do something totally idiotic, and wrap your car around a tree at 160MPH, there will be someone that discovers you and they will have to live with that memory even though you won't. There will be someone that has to clean up your mess, and that person will have to live with that memory. There are family and friends that will have to live with it.

I also drive my wife and kids around on many of these same public roadways and the safety of my family is taken very seriously. If you are doing this around them, then you are putting them at risk too, and I have no tolerance for that. Anyone on the sidewalk. A wreck with something/someone else at 160MPH is a horrible thing.

So yes, push it if you want, but there may be serious consequences for doing it. If you are caught you go to jail and risk your ability to make a living. Make a mistake or if a freak thing happens and a deer runs out, a kid runs out, or you blow a tire and the results are unspeakable. Me, I think of these things. You obviously don't. Must be nice being invincible. I do not have to drive a Prius to drive sensibly and think of those around me, those that care about me. 100 I can see. 160 belongs on the track and only on the track.

Just my opinion of course.

Chris

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Did a ten year-old write up your service report? That spelling. Christ.
there bad spelers butt thay ficks carz gud... :lol:

Sponsored

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OK, so I am somewhere in-between on this one, but this response is just beyond what I would expect from someone in this forum. There is clearly a line that crosses over into the idiotic on a public road, and where that line is depends on who you ask. I can understand those that know where a largely unused roadway is and push it for a time or two. But there are rules on the public roadways for a reason and you are knowingly taking your own life at the very least into your hands. But even if you do something totally idiotic, and wrap your car around a tree at 160MPH, there will be someone that discovers you and they will have to live with that memory even though you won't. There will be someone that has to clean up your mess, and that person will have to live with that memory. There are family and friends that will have to live with it.

I also drive my wife and kids around on many of these same public roadways and the safety of my family is taken very seriously. If you are doing this around them, then you are putting them at risk too, and I have no tolerance for that. Anyone on the sidewalk. A wreck with something/someone else at 160MPH is a horrible thing.

So yes, push it if you want, but there may be serious consequences for doing it. If you are caught you go to jail and risk your ability to make a living. Make a mistake or if a freak thing happens and a deer runs out, a kid runs out, or you blow a tire and the results are unspeakable. Me, I think of these things. You obviously don't. Must be nice being invincible. I do not have to drive a Prius to drive sensibly and think of those around me, those that care about me. 100 I can see. 160 belongs on the track and only on the track.

Just my opinion of course.

Chris
you want to know why they call them fly over states??

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Where I do all my top speed runs is on a bridge. I have one about 20 minutes from the house. It's two lane out in the middle of no where, I clocked it off at 2.5 miles long. I'll make one pass on the bridge & make sure there's nobody walking on the bridge I can't see, get to the other end turn around & hammer it!! Haven't taken the Mustang there yet...don't see the point if it's limited to 155 or so. Did take my motorcycle across it at 181 mph tho.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Where I do all my top speed runs is on a bridge. I have one about 20 minutes from the house. It's two lane out in the middle of no where, I clocked it off at 2.5 miles long. I'll make one pass on the bridge & make sure there's nobody walking on the bridge I can't see, get to the other end turn around & hammer it!! Haven't taken the Mustang there yet...don't see the point if it's limited to 155 or so. Did take my motorcycle across it at 181 mph tho.
thats some good shit

bscoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
150 on a wide open stretch of highway with no one to be seen.

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
From what I've heard, getting up to 142 is fairly quick because you can use 5th. However, when you want 145+ and have to go into 6th on the GT with performance pack, it takes forever to add a few MPH.

Totally unlikely scenario:

If you happen to be next to a V8 Mercedes out in the middle of nowhere in Mexico, and that Mercedes happens to be 500+ HP range (many of the new $100K ones are http://www.mercedes-amg.com/engineering_creation2.php?section=55lv8biturbo), then when he is slightly beating you in acceleration up to around 145, he can keep going and you just kind of get stuck there. So what's the answer?

Supercharger + remove speed limiter = Faster than $100K+ cars!
Sponsored