Sponsored

How Fast Have You Gone

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
Like I said above, up to 142 is ok in 5th. 145+ needs you to be in 6th with 3.73 gears and you have no acceleration in 6th (without a SC). See speed vs. RPM here (use the front tire chart as it seems to be more accurate than the rear tire one for some reason):

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14552&page=4

For $5300, you can get a basic supercharger and install it (or remove it) yourself. I'm emailing the SC vendor tonight for detailed instructions so I can determine if the self-install option is really possible.
Sponsored

MarcinTRPLYLW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcin
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang / V6 / MT / 3.55 / Triple Yellow
Since the last time I got in some massive trouble for speeding I do not speed much anymore lol I'll wait for the summer and go to the track to see what the car is capable of.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Coming up on 100 hours of driving in the car since I bought it, my average speed is just under 20 mph. Includes a lot of city driving with a lot of being stopped at red lights or stuck in traffic, of course:

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Pretty good fuel ecomony though Jimmy considering the amount of idling you've got to be doing.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Pretty good fuel ecomony though Jimmy considering the amount of idling you've got to be doing.
Yeah, I get great fuel economy in highway driving, which averages out with the lousy fuel economy in city driving. On straight highway shots I've gotten 28 mpg.

Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
The thing I love is everyone tries to blame speed for all the accidents. If speed was the issue Germany would have a million deaths per year considering that there are no speed limits over there but what they do have is common sense laws such as if ur caught doing anything else but driving while in the car cops have the right to arrest u (such as deinking a leisure coffee or texting away) 2nd the drivers in nearly the whole world get better training then here. Most countries you have to also take road test with a manual car and know how to drive it in all types of roads.
So my point is instead of crying over speed you should go and cry about all of the other laws that are bad. I person texting and driving is way worse than someone going 130mph in a car that is made for it. Usually the person driving 130 is paying way more attention to the road then any other driver. Also by no means am I saying go speed on any road u can but all of us hopefully have enough common sense to know where and when to do it.

True felt safer driving in Germany at 125 than 75 in Texas ( note this is the speed limit on the highway in question ...just for the few with no sense of humour and those who believe speed limits are set for safety and not ticket revenue... Guess what Santa is not real!)

Note strong believer in going to the track for the wide open throttle fun

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Legally at that. Close to 200mph with a GSXR-1000 eurospec on A9 in Germany

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
^ What year did you have? With my K7 I went 312.5 Kph (GPS verified). All I had was a slip-on.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
well...

To Infinity and beyond!

Sponsored

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
^ What year did you have? With my K7 I went 312.5 Kph (GPS verified). All I had was a slip-on.
2K2 full exhaust no tune. Some CF bits. I hit 320KPH, but I accounted for speedo error. Also lost most of my uniform from my backpack in the slipstream.

Lagometer

Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Prem PP w/50 AP.
Here's to good ol' days, when Montana and Nevada didn't have speed limits on their highways.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2K2 full exhaust no tune. Some CF bits. I hit 320KPH, but I accounted for speedo error. Also lost most of my uniform from my backpack in the slipstream.
Hahaha. I could only imagine the reaming from my CO if I lost kit doing something like that. Probably a high five on the way to cells, though, Haha.

Did you have that GPS verified or just on the speedo? My speedo used to read quite high...10-15% over actual. I went off RPM the first few times and also GPS of course.

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha. I could only imagine the reaming from my CO if I lost kit doing something like that. Probably a high five on the way to cells, though, Haha.

Did you have that GPS verified or just on the speedo? My speedo used to read quite high...10-15% over actual. I went off RPM the first few times and also GPS of course.
Just the speedo. Speedo said 320kph, I figured somewhere around 290kph true. I was going to visit one of my soldiers going to school on another kaserne. Looked funny with me walking around in full leathers while I was there.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the speedo. Speedo said 320kph, I figured somewhere around 290kph true. I was going to visit one of my soldiers going to school on another kaserne. Looked funny with me walking around in full leathers while I was there.
I'm surprised your speedo actually read that high...didn't that stupid 299 Kph / 186 Mph junk come out around then? I remember seeing that for the first time on my K7...makes no sense.

There's something about hitting insane speeds on a bike, though...MUCH more different/intense than in a car.
Sponsored