GT350 vs. Z/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
So lots of people on here are praising the Mustang for beating the 1LE by two tenths of a second a year apart, yet not giving credit to the 1LE when it bested the Mustang by a second and a half on the same day and driven by same driver. Give me a break.

"Motor Trend are GM fanboys", "Randy Pobst short shifted", "Everyone else says the Mustang is a great track car".
Two hundredths of a sec.
GT 56.81
1le 56.83
Sponsored

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
So lots of people on here are praising the Mustang for beating the 1LE by two tenths of a second a year apart, yet not giving credit to the 1LE when it bested the Mustang by a second and a half on the same day and driven by same driver. Give me a break.

"Motor Trend are GM fanboys", "Randy Pobst short shifted", "Everyone else says the Mustang is a great track car".
I'm not sure if I'm being lumped into those who need to give you a break, but please don't misconstrue my words as being some kind of excuse for the Mustang; nor were they in any sort of way a knock towards the Camaro 1LE. I'm merely pointing out the contrastive experiences the rest of the automotive media has had thus far with the new Mustang when compared to Motor Trend. That's all. We're all adults here and everyone is entitled to draw their own conclusions.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Here comes the Camaro loving brigade again. They have been quiet for a couple weeks.
The s550 only beat the 1 le by .02 a year later with different drivers, and everyone is acting like it smoked it. .02 is nothing compared to the 1.51 sec beating in the head to head.
Here comes the Camaro loving brigade again. They have been quiet for a couple weeks.

Suggest you all head over to another site to tout your love affair. Your Camaro fanboy love is hard to cover up. It spills out in all of your posts.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Suggest you all head over to another site to tout your love affair. Your Camaro fanboy love is hard to cover up. It spills out in all of your posts.
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.:doh:

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Unfortunately, having same driver, same day, same conditions, different car is still not necessarily an adequate measure of a car's ability.

Every driver has a specific style of driving. That style of driving may or may not sync with the abilities of a given car. One driver may have a lot more confidence in one car and not be able to be as aggressive in another. Where another driver may feel the exact opposite with the same cars.

Even Pro drivers.

Not to say there's not value in the comparisons, but less about the exact time and more about the comfort level of the driver and the feeling of control they have. But it would also be best to get more than one Pro driver's feedback on the given day and conditions. Unfortunately, that's also not very feasible.

All-Or-Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 6 Series Vert
Honestly there is "Much" to praise. The GT/PP is not nearly as track focused as the 1LE and it was able to beat the 1LE time. Sure you can circle jerk to the 1.5 secs the 1LE won by but how in the world can we not be excited about the GT/PP besting the 1LE lap time in it's much more streetable form.

Regardless of it being 1 year later with a different driver. The GT/PP beat the 1LE...even if it was .2 secs

The car ran what it ran but I do understand slomaro fans not wanting to accept it.:doh:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Honestly there is "Much" to praise. The GT/PP is not nearly as track focused as the 1LE and it was able to beat the 1LE time. Sure you can circle jerk to the 1.5 secs the 1LE won by but how in the world can we not be excited about the GT/PP besting the 1LE lap time in it's much more streetable form.

Regardless of it being 1 year later with a different driver. The GT/PP beat the 1LE...even if it was .2 secs

The car ran what it ran but I do understand slomaro fans not wanting to accept it.:doh:
Exactly. Same day same driver has its caveats too.

For example, even in something as simple as a 1320 drag strip, the slightest error or lack of focus can take over a second off your time. You multiply that on a track.

Driver may not have been 100% in both, may be more familiar with the limits of one... Etc.

But it seems the GT PP is the faster car based on fastest times.

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It wasn't .2 sec, it was .02 sec. So a year apart with more hp and lighter weight beat it by two hundredths of a sec and your acting like it kicks it's butt. :crazy: yes a win is a win, but .02 is less the a blink of your eye.

All-Or-Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 6 Series Vert
It wasn't .2 sec, it was .02 sec. So a year apart with more hp and lighter weight beat it by two hundredths of a sec and your acting like it kicks it's butt. :crazy: yes a win is a win, but .02 is less the a blink of your eye.

I'm not acting like it kicked it's butt.

The time was faster and we all know the 1LE is a FAR more track focused car than the GT/PP. Even if it was dead even that is pretty impressive considering the tires and suspension.

Like I say. Regardless if it was a year later.....you can't say the car didn't run the time.

That same, same, blah blah is just excuses. You will never have completely even circumstances so you just have to accept what the car does no matter who did it or when.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the driver I would imagine. How do you think Miatas drive circles around way faster cars on the track.

Yep it's the drivers.
That what I have been saying all along. A different driver can make a difference. That's why head to head is the best test as it's the same driver.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.