GT350 vs. Z/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
I think you will see a GT350 in the IMSA Conti Series. With a factory two piece rotor it should be easy to swap the disc for a legal 15" rotor. They don't utilize the same caliper so no issues there.

As to the suspension, they are always using a unique setup, so no biggie. I predict a GT350R offered as a FRPP part number with no VIN or title, just like the 302S and R.

The engine used remains to be seen. I don't see why in the Conti or PWC they would use the higher output FPC 5.2L when the current 5.0L is still restricted. A thought I had might be the return of a Mach1 CJ. A GT350 body using the Coyote 5.0L with CJ intake and throttle body. To me this would be a street car I could get behind and possibly afford. Regardless of where the GT350 ends up price wise, I think it will be out of reach to me for at least a little while.

Just my $.02.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Oh Camaro5, between Joe and Queer Muscle, I'd can't separate the crying from actual questions... Wait... Did the 2015 GT just beat the 1LE at Motown? YEP!!! This is why reading and believing MT and Automobile gets you slapped in the face less than a month later.

You just bought an $80,000 Camaro... everything you say after that is very funny to me. A 427 cubic inch engine LOL, for road racing? I'm sorry, track... I'm sorry again, simulations.

The ZL1 failed...
the 1LE was a competition nightmare and the z28 was an awful attemp at racing. I'm sorry, I mean the 5th Gen...

How can you start crying before the car is out? Why is it when the GT out paces the 1LE at a track, it's suddenly a straight away issue. The issue is Joe, your too up Chevys ass to see anything else. Your a clown shoe...

The Mustang was the first, world class Pony Car... I doubt the Camaro will ever follow here. It's a child's toy at best...

How can you show up to the opening show for the auto season with NOTHING!!! It bothers me how Chevy just Sloths along through their Sloth-like existence.

FL4T

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Oh Camaro5, between Joe and Queer Muscle, I'd can't separate the crying from actual questions... Wait... Did the 2015 GT just beat the 1LE at Motown? YEP!!! This is why reading and believing MT and Automobile gets you slapped in the face less than a month later.

You just bought an $80,000 Camaro... everything you say after that is very funny to me. A 427 cubic inch engine LOL, for road racing? I'm sorry, track... I'm sorry again, simulations.

The ZL1 failed...
the 1LE was a competition nightmare and the z28 was an awful attemp at racing. I'm sorry, I mean the 5th Gen...

How can you start crying before the car is out? Why is it when the GT out paces the 1LE at a track, it's suddenly a straight away issue. The issue is Joe, your too up Chevys ass to see anything else. Your a clown shoe...

The Mustang was the first, world class Pony Car... I doubt the Camaro will ever follow here. It's a child's toy at best...

How can you show up to the opening show for the auto season with NOTHING!!! It bothers me how Chevy just Sloths along through their Sloth-like existence.
Can anyone be as far up Chevy's ass as you are up Ford's?

Come on, man. Those times were run a year apart, right? This also looks like a faster track to me and I'm positive that the new Mustang definitely pulls harder than the Camaro.

Same track, same day, same driver, Mustang got smoked. Motor Trend test was not good enough, but a test a year apart is? Stop it, man.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Looks like we MAY...and I stress MAY...see the 2015 Mustang on track in Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge by the race at Sebring.

Momentum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss302R, Z28, R8, Porsche GT3 Cup
Last I heard, all of the "third parties" helping Ford develop the new chassis for racing were running behind schedule. Sebring would be ahead of the last estimate I heard, but not completely unrealistic.

Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
Can anyone be as far up Chevy's ass as you are up Ford's?
I'm a die-hard Ford guy and I agree with this. MT's comparison of same track, same day, same driver is far better than lap times taken 1 year apart from each other.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Last I heard, all of the "third parties" helping Ford develop the new chassis for racing were running behind schedule. Sebring would be ahead of the last estimate I heard, but not completely unrealistic.

I'm sure it's still being developed right now...but they have a goal to get it on track as soon as possible.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/billy-johnson-hoping-pick-where-he-left

I did stress the word "MAY"

From Billy Johnson:

“They’re trying to make it happen as fast as possible. As a driver, I’d like to have it for Daytona, but I’m thinking there’s a good chance it will be ready for Sebring.”

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Oh course I love Ford and the Mustang... The Mustang has earned the right to be a world class sports coupe. The median constant regard for Chevy and GM is really getting old. I don't see the point in trying to lift a company out of its own funk after they way they treat people. R&T and C&D is guilty as well... http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-vid...t-corvette-z06-sounds-amazing-at-road-atlanta For gods sake, Chevy didn't bring anything to the LA show... What the f@ck are they doing!?!?!?! A concept race car and some other shit... To the LA auto show??? Are you retarded or just completely out of money? I still want my checks ya' know, get to work! Oh wait, you can't do anything... You need to react to Ford... Don't want to have Trinity flashbacks from LA12 right?

GREAT!!! An article writen today (probably paid for by Chevrolet) to get focus off the "sound" of the GT350 and on a supercharged V8... Why? Is this news? It is now... and now it will be fact a Z06 sounds AMAZING...

I'm tired of the media letting these guys pass every year. None of these results are EVER duplicated in the real world... None... I would hold Ford to the same fire if the product wasn't on Youtube doing exact what they said it would do... and more...

Even producing a similar time at a track will raise some eyebrows... I'm wondering what that 1LE would have done along side that GT this year at Motown? Can we assume it would be another 1-2 seconds faster still? No... we would not... Of course, Lighting Lap times are FACT regardless of year, driver, conditions, money... We have created an environment for cry babies and bench racers to breed freely. The z28 was a joke, it's fast at its own game and I highly doubt anyone else wants to play a game as stupid as the one they created.

It doesn't really matter, it's a lap time from a 3rd party that possibly is influence by ad space sales. GM did sweep the awards this year at MT and do dominate ad space. Only an idiot would assume otherwise.

I honestly don't think you could show lap times anyway, like the GT500's Ring run, which was faster than the ZL1's, it was dismissed. Because Ford conducted the test and timed the event. Well, Chevys dumb ass did too... Neither company offered details about the car itself but, Chevy sure used that as a major marketing angle. Then the z28 goes over and BARELY beats the ZL1... For $30,000 more...

Now Ford is getting drug into this garbage with HALO cars that serve no real purpose except being a status vehicle on the street.

AND MARK MY WORDS...

The same bullshit waivers that were extended to the z28 in Conti WILL NOT be revisited on the GT350. Because in real life, the Mustang is trouble... The Camaro is just there to add flavor. It being there though, has pretty much stunk up the place.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
5 flaying laps of COTA (from Pole)... special addition Magazine shootout $20 bucks...

Why are mags afraid to review a car's prowess..?

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
PAY ATTENTION FOLKS.

I believe this to be the 2018 direction as well as the 2017 GT500. This is called the "Superman" grill and is absent from the lineup BUT, was present in some sketches.

Galpin has had some access to the Mustang CAD I'll bet. The previous Galpin S197s ultimately pointed to the direction of the S550... If anyone remembers the wide body references.

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
PAY ATTENTION FOLKS.

I believe this to be the 2018 direction as well as the 2017 GT500. This is called the "Superman" grill and is absent from the lineup BUT, was present in some sketches.

Galpin has had some access to the Mustang CAD I'll bet. The previous Galpin S197s ultimately pointed to the direction of the S550... If anyone remembers the wide body references.
With two hood scoops tell me it might not be super charge, twin scoops properly to cool down twin turbos :headbang:

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
This just SCREAMS GT500.

THIS!!! You have got to be f@ckin' kiddin me...

SICK!!!

One piece deck lid duck tail? Oh hello 1968!!!

Functional twin scoops, who knows... Looking more Cobra Roadster.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I'm tired of the media letting these guys pass every year....
Welcome to my world of total frustration. :(
a Ford fan who never gets a break from the GM biased media.
a conservative who never gets a break from the liberal media.
a climate realist who never gets a break from the Global Warming fanatics.
a Canuck who never gets any love from the anti-pipeline haters.

The only satisfaction I ever get is watching our Artic wind dump snow all over Buffalo. :clap2:

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I am hearing that MRC is optional on the base car, that clears up a lot of the competition mess. If true, THANK YOU FORD!!!

The front brake size on the GT350 is too large for most classes, if MRC is not standard nor is CC brakes, it won't be difficult to swap out suspension or brakes. This was a major drawback of MRC and CC brakes, they are hard to replace.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.