Sponsored

GT350 Exhaust Piped through Speakers?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
In the end, it's disappointing, but it's not going to stop anyone from buying this car(unless you're that one, single guy who said he didn't want to buy the GT350 because there's too much Shelby branding on it :rolleyes:)
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Doesn't matter. I have a track pack car and ARH long tubes and off road X pipe. I drive only in sport mode. I don't need no stinking radio.:headbang:

Besides it says for vehicles with touch screen. Not track pack and base R. I have the oem calculator radio lol.

Iekgoplot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Technically, there is an off switch even if the aoftware doesnt allow for a user selection, just have to signal the doors are open:

The DACMC ANC (active noise control is ecoboost only) and ESE functions only operate while the engine is running, and the luggage compartment lid and all doors are closed.

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost

Sponsored

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks for posting this, I wouldn't have seen the older thread and found out about this otherwise. I don't think it's a huge deal as the car sounds awesome anyways. Though I have noticed with the windows up and the exhaust valves open, some raspy/growl from the passenger door speaker under accel. I assumed it was something to do with harmonics/vibrations of the exhaust and not that it was coming from the speaker!

OP
OP

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
$60,000 plus factory track car and overheating and limp modes..shouldn't their be some kinda recall with Ford flippin the bill on the corrective measures. Come on Ford, man up!
I agree. I use the car as a commuter and occasionally would like to listen to music instead of the exhaust. I can't stand the stock speakers, and now I find out that I can't upgrade them?!?!?!

Oh well, the engine sounds great on the track. Wait? What?!?! I can't track it for more than 13min without overheating?!?!?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've read something about this before and I did suspect it was some kind of noise cancellation...but this seems to add a little fuel to that fire.

Active Noise Control
Active noise control is an audio system feature that eliminates some of the low frequency engine noise within the passenger compartment typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses 3 microphones, a DACMC, and the audio system speakers. The DACMC determines the noise frequency to be canceled based upon engine rotation speed data from the PCM and the microphone input signals.
While the engine is running, the active noise control microphones located in the front and rear of the headliner monitor the engine noise resonating in the passenger compartment. The microphones transmit this noise as analog signals to the DACMC, where they are converted into digital signals by the integrated analog/digital converter. The digital signals are processed and an inverted phase sound wave with the same amplitude as the original sound is created. This new sound is converted into an analog audio signal and output by the DACMC internal tone generator to all of the speakers except the instrument panel center speaker (if equipped).
I'll put money on it that this is the intention, more than "enhancing" any sound.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I've read something about this before and I did suspect it was some kind of noise cancellation...but this seems to add a little fuel to that fire.

I'll put money on it that this is the intention, more than "enhancing" any sound.
If that is indeed the true intention then yes, let me pull the fuse cause I don't want any engine noise cancelled out!:headbang:

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If that is indeed the true intention then yes, let me pull the fuse cause I don't want any engine noise cancelled out!:headbang:

Lol - I hear ya - but I bet engineers or maybe a focus group identified some unpleasant sound or maybe a drone that they decided to try to cancel out electronically. Maybe some kind of hum inherent to the 5.2? I like to hear it when I want to hear it but I'll be honest, it's nice to have a little bit of dual purpose or maybe have a conversation while driving ;)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Lol - I hear ya - but I bet engineers or maybe a focus group identified some unpleasant sound or maybe a drone that they decided to try to cancel out electronically. Maybe some kind of hum inherent to the 5.2? I like to hear it when I want to hear it but I'll be honest, it's nice to have a little bit of dual purpose or maybe have a conversation while driving ;)
Brother, the only conversation going on in my car is the one going on in my head about how awesome my R is. :headbonk::cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Brother, the only conversation going on in my car is the one going on in my head about how awesome my R is. :headbonk::cheers:
You crack me up! I have 100 miles on mine and I'm amazed except there isn't a turn around my house worthy of what this car does...but I digress.
:)