Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Look people. The radio is NOT putting the exhaust note through the speakers on this car. Who ever installed the speakers and stereo on the op car fked up. I call it bs.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Coming from BMW which has this system, I obviously dont know how Ford implemented it, but if they did it the way everyone is doing, then it means whether the radio is off or volume is up or down has no impact on the volume of the sound of the exhaust from speaker. Its almost like the speaker has a smaller sub speaker built in that is always on. The only way to turn it off is by coding it out or by unplugging the sound module.

For a car like this, it is very disappointing and hard to understand. Car sounds amazing as it is...
I'd really like to see a part number for the module or how it is implemented before I believe it.

There are so many different versions of Mustangs it would very easy to confuse what is equipped on what model. Not saying it isn't on there, just want some actual proof.

I just got my break-in oil service done and had to tell one of the service writers at Quicklane what kind of oil it took and how much. Also that it was 5.2 V8 and not a 5.0. So for good measure I mentioned the different oil filter part number. These are smart and nice people, but as he even admitted, they don't see Shelby's in there very often. So it wouldn't surprise if they got other things confused as well.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Someone should just do a before and after video of pulling some fuses relating to the audio system. Windows up, no A/C or anything and try different states such as running at 70 MPH cruising speed, and pulls from idle-5000 etc.

Per the 16 Mustang manual, pages 206-208 shows which fuses need to be pulled. Looks like 5 27 33 and maybe 18?

EDIT: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/24/ford-mustang-ecoboost-fake-engine-soundtrack/

Looks like fuse 27 is the culprit on Ecoboost. Someone try it. Do a video of some driving with the fuse, then driving without the fuse.

OP
OP

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Ok. Spoke to the tech again. Sorry to create such a storm here. He explained to me that on the eco-boost, it is a microphone. That can be disabled. That jives with what the audio guy told me, he is disabled the microphone on the eco-boost. The Ford tech further explained that on the GT 350, it is software-based and is not able to be modified. It is not the same method as on the 4cyl car. According to him, the tech at Ford, it cannot be modified or changed. Not to say aftermarket can do it. At least by Ford.

Again, I never noticed the sound through the speakers at all before I change the speakers out. But with the better speakers there is a definite increase when the engine is initially in taking air and starting to rev. It seems to lessen the further into the river range that it climbs.

Sponsored

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
Ok here we go again...

I'll just copy/paste from the workshop this time (seems my pics are disappearing in the other thread)

ESE - 2.3L And 5.2L

ESE (Engine Sound Enhancement) is an audio system feature that enhances certain engine tones typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses a DACMC (contained within the ACM) and the audio system speakers.

The DACMC determines the engine tone to enhance based upon engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM. The data from the PCM is processed and converted into an analog audio signal, transmitted to the DACMC internal tone generator, and output by the ACM to the audio DSP module as fluctuating AC voltage. The audio DSP module sends the signal to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer (without Shaker) or woofer (with Shaker) speakers and right and left parcel shelf (with 5.2L) speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.
DACMC (digital audio control module) - 2.3L Or 5.2L

The DACMC ANC (active noise control is ecoboost only) and ESE functions only operate while the engine is running, and the luggage compartment lid and all doors are closed.

The DACMC is a digital signal processor that consists of an internal analog/digital converter and tone generator.

For ANC, the DACMC uses engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, accelerator pedal position data, and ANC microphone input signals to calculate the targeted frequency needed to cancel engine noise within the passenger compartment. For ESE, the DACMC uses engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM to calculate the targeted frequency needed to enhance engine noise within the passenger compartment. The DACMC engine noise cancellation signals are output by the ACM to the audio DSP module as fluctuating AC voltage. The audio DSP module sends the signal to the LHF and RHF door woofer speakers, and right and left parcel shelf full-range (without Shaker) or coaxial (with Shaker) speakers (coupe) or RHR and LHR quarter panel full-range (without Shaker) or coaxial (with Shaker) speakers (convertible) as fluctuating AC voltage. The DACMC ESE frequency signals are output by the ACM to the audio DSP module as fluctuating AC voltage. The audio DSP module sends the signal to the LHF and RHF door woofer and right and left parcel shelf (with 5.2L) speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.

The DACMC is contained within the ACM.
The Digital Audio Control Module is part of the Audio Front Control Module (ACM) witch then leads to the Audio Digital Signal Processing Module (DSP) and that outputs to the speakers, Page 2 of the pdf has a nice diagram explaining the layout.

I'll leave the full pdf that goes over the whole audio system.

View attachment Information and Entertainment System - System Operation and Component Description.pdf

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Look people. The radio is NOT putting the exhaust note through the speakers on this car. Who ever installed the speakers and stereo on the op car fked up. I call it bs.
You might be right, except for the part where you're not.

Read the post above this.:doh:

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Ok here we go again...

I'll just copy/paste from the workshop this time (seems my pics are disappearing in the other thread)

The Digital Audio Control Module is part of the Audio Front Control Module (ACM) witch then leads to the Audio Digital Signal Processing Module (DSP) and that outputs to the speakers, Page 2 of the pdf has a nice diagram explaining the layout.

View attachment Information and Entertainment System - System Operation and Component Description.pdf
Can't argue with facts. Thanks for the clarification.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Ok here we go again...

Thanks, but you didn't have to. The only people in this thread who were still not believing it, were the ones who didn't bother to read Venors post linking to the previous thread about this, with the proof inside of it.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
No wonder all the rave reviews on the 5.2 exhaust note. Not cool, Ford.
Isn't it though? It's meshes in so well that MOST PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN F'ING TELL IT'S THERE.

I'm sorry, but if it's not noticed, they did an excellent job with it as it truly does enhance the sound rather than taking center stage over the natural noise.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
$60,000 plus factory track car and overheating and limp modes..shouldn't their be some kinda recall with Ford flippin the bill on the corrective measures. Come on Ford, man up!

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
$60,000 plus factory track car and overheating and limp modes..shouldn't their be some kinda recall with Ford flippin the bill on the corrective measures. Come on Ford, man up!
Were there overheating issues with the track pack or R's?

Which model of GT350 do you have?

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
It's what the car sounds like on the outside that counts. ;)

... and there is no way in hell the stock speakers would have anything to do with that. :D