Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
he's also got a different engine

Correct, excuse my ignorance, working from the phone did not bother to put it together between his name and car type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

EcoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3l Mustang Ecoboost
This is my ticking today after picking up from shop, foot almost to the floor in first and 2nd gear trying hard but no response, feels dead

OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
That sounds valve train for sure. Mine is way different. Take a listen

[ame]https://vimeo.com/127881086[/ame]

The sad part about this is that I was told that Fords recommendation was to drive it for a week and see how it was. The video above was when I arrived to work after leaving the dealership. Not only is the sound still present, it's gotten worse as I drive it.
Prior to me leaving the dealer I had a talk with the service advisor and managers, they all agree my car definitely sounds different, but they were following fords recommendations.
To add insult my accelerometer was .75 G when I dropped it off and odometer at 3828. I receive the car with 3855 miles and accelerometer reading .79 G. Someone achieved to drive my car harder and faster than I have my own car. I don't think that's the treatment a car with a presented issue should be driven. I can go on and on about how upset I am about this whole situation, but I am reserving my concerns until I speak to my assigned GSM or Ford service approaches me as a follow up.

Another video, I don't know how else to get this across

[ame]https://vimeo.com/127882880[/ame]

Last edited:

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
I would not let up ruby if you can show definitively that they went out and romped on your girl. They did that with my old 11GT trying to "replicate the condition"

There's a good video out there someone manages to snag of a ford dealer running this dudes mustang at 7k for an unnecessary amount of time.

Subscribing to this as I'm curious coming from an s197 with the BBQ tick. Sounds exhaust to me but it shoulda been fixed by now

OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I would not let up ruby if you can show definitively that they went out and romped on your girl. They did that with my old 11GT trying to "replicate the condition"

There's a good video out there someone manages to snag of a ford dealer running this dudes mustang at 7k for an unnecessary amount of time.

Subscribing to this as I'm curious coming from an s197 with the BBQ tick. Sounds exhaust to me but it shoulda been fixed by now

Yea I'm pretty pissed off about it... I just have so much going on in my life right now between work and a newborn coming in about a month that its falling back on my list of priorities. It is still something I need resolved, it is my only form of transportation next to my wife's SUV. Thanks for the thoughts and I will keep following up and historically logging here.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

The dealership in the video you're referring to was Sawgrass Ford actually and they have one of the worst service departments that I've ever experienced. Beware of taking your car there. Their service techs are known for joyrides in customers cars.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
The dealership in the video you're referring to was Sawgrass Ford actually and they have one of the worst service departments that I've ever experienced. Beware of taking your car there. Their service techs are known for joyrides in customers cars.

Yea, I'm not taking my car there again. I am making my next appointment somewhere else. You are the 5th person to warn me about Sawgrass Ford. I am looking into automation by Copans rd. Unless anyone else has any suggestions for my area.

a97a1abd6638c212c68138abd7ac87a3.jpg

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Yea, I'm not taking my car there again. I am making my next appointment somewhere else. You are the 5th person to warn me about Sawgrass Ford. I am looking into automation by Copans rd. Unless anyone else has any suggestions for my area.

a97a1abd6638c212c68138abd7ac87a3.jpg

They are much better than Sawgrass, easier to deal with and pleasant. I haven't had issues with them at all.

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Ruby clued me in to this thread as I have the same noise although different circumstances. Mine goes away with club clutch dis-engaged. Here's my post and video.

Last day or two I've noticed a noise coming from what seems like the rear main/clutch area. When I first heard it I thought I was another victim of the exhaust leak (my car is job 1 mid Sept build) but then realized it couldn't be that because it goes away by dis-engaging the clutch.

It's intermittent and seems to pretty consistently happen on cold starts until I drive a little and it warms up. It's clear in the video but in person it almost sounds like a metal brushing noise (think metal yard rake against another metallic object (pressure plate maybe)?

In the video, I record with my phone from both sides, under the car about center of tire. Towards the end I push in the clutch pedal and release a couple times and the noise pretty much goes away, and comes back, however, the idle RPMs pick up about 100-200 when I press it in and drop when I re engage like it's under load (more than normal, neutral, gear and tranny noise).

Clearly it has to go in to the dealer but should I be concerned driving it in the meantime and have it towed? Has anyone had the same issue and/or point me to a thread? I can't find anything similar.

Thanks!

https://vimeo.com/127890784

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Also - FWIW when idling in Neutral, parked, I feel a slight "tap" in my right foot when placed on the floor flat towards the tunnel. The best way to explain it is that it feels and sounds like someone is tapping the floor pan/tunnel with a hammer ever so slightly. I'll schedule a visit to the dealer today and keep you guys posted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
My check engine light came on while on he highway on Friday

[ame]https://vimeo.com/128102293[/ame]

The engine it's just hurting itself the more I drive it, while Ford asks me to "drive it for a week and report back" after an oil change which made NO difference other than a $100 dollar expense. The engine is also suffering from rough idle now, from 1-2k it shakes the whole car and steering wheel. Coming back down to idle the car also wobbles as it harmonizes back to a rough idle. The ticking sound is progressively getting worse as I drive. I have emailed Ford support on the matter once again, awaiting feedback.

cwh19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
After hearing and reading the first like 5 posts, to me, it seems like the driver side exhaust manifold is leaking. Certainly isn't a very common issue with low mile, factory manifolds, but I have seen it in the past.

This latest development with the check engine light and rough idle rpm could also support that conclusion. The MAF and front o2s could be metering two different amounts of air. These PCMs are one of the pickiest I've ever dealt with and even the slightest metering change effects idle rpm.

Did you read the code?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i linked him the TSB on the driver's side exhaust manifold leak and he says he already eliminated that possibility