Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the props Matt(@Mkonrad)!
For you and Brian (@Cammer), did you get an invoice with the parts listed? Could you post a pic?
Thanks in advance :cheers:
The docs are pretty bad (actually I didn't see even a slip of paper which may be a fluke). The way Mike described things, is that they have a list, put the items in a box, and then ship the box when it's all complete. Unfortunately I didn't get that list. This made it difficult to predict a shipping date because it's made up of tracking loads of small parts.

After looking at the wiring harness I've pretty well figured out the circuit, but I'm going to kick myself if I run the LED and switches into the driver compartment and someone (inevitably) finds a cleaner location than I did.

Cammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2001 F-150 Lightning
Differential cooler is M-4000-M8S, MSRP $2,395

FR3Z-3F749-A cooler
FR3Z-4C159-B hard lines
FR3Z-4C159-A hard line
W-CVR-MOD-GT350 modified diff cover
8C3Z-7Z465-A latch x2
CV6Z-3B477-A retainer x2
Pump and bracket
Motorcraft silicone gasket and sealant 5oz
Wiring harness
Toggle switch
LED
Mounting plate for switch and LED
Thermostatic switch
Bolt
Spacer
Wire bracket x2
Bolts and clips

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The docs are pretty bad (actually I didn't see even a slip of paper which may be a fluke). The way Mike described things, is that they have a list, put the items in a box, and then ship the box when it's all complete. Unfortunately I didn't get that list. This made it difficult to predict a shipping date because it's made up of tracking loads of small parts.

After looking at the wiring harness I've pretty well figured out the circuit, but I'm going to kick myself if I run the LED and switches into the driver compartment and someone (inevitably) finds a cleaner location than I did.
I hear what you're saying about the LED and switches, Matt. I've gathered the parts for the OEM diff temp display but haven't had a chance to install yet. (When I do and if it hasn't been posted yet, I'll start a thread.). I agree, why carve up the interior. If it has a therm switch, why is another switch and LED light even necessary?

Were instructions included? If not, geez, why not? Ford has the instructions for changing out the transmission....

Good luck with the install :cheers:. I hear the diff cover swap can be a bit tricky.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've posted pics on the Facebook "Ford Shelby GT350 Owners" group.

Brian
can you post a link or post the photos here? I couldn't find the photos.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Who is the video of, was wondering if that is autoblip, and mgw shifter, cause he is quickest gear changer video I watched! Also great stabil video and sound. I enjoyed that video most are terrible.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
[MENTION=25961]Cammer[/MENTION] or [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] any possibility of links to the photos of your parts? Anyone else receive their rear differential cooler kit yet?

I'm in the market, but haven't bought yet. :)

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Hey Hack. I'm just a messenger in this case. I already paid the factory to install these parts when it came down the line so I don't need this kit.

:)

Sponsored

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION]

I've already mounted the pump and radiator in my car, but I think this is the picture you may be interested in. It's the custom wiring harness, which is the centerpiece of the diff cooling kit. Unfortunately, I won't be installing the diff cover now.

Hella 4RD 007 794 30 [12V relay]
Saffran 8500K9 MS24523-22 [SPST toggle switch]
Nason TT-F3A-170R/WL [Bi metal temp switch 170F]
LED

In the pic, the left "coil" is relay, power, and toggle switches. The second "coil" runs back to the pump and temperature switch mounted in diff cover.
DSC_0197.jpg

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
[MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION]

I've already mounted the pump and radiator in my car, but I think this is the picture you may be interested in. It's the custom wiring harness, which is the centerpiece of the diff cooling kit. Unfortunately, I won't be installing the diff cover now.

Hella 4RD 007 794 30 [12V relay]
Saffran 8500K9 MS24523-22 [SPST toggle switch]
Nason TT-F3A-170R/WL [Bi metal temp switch 170F]
LED

In the pic, the left "coil" is relay, power, and toggle switches. The second "coil" runs back to the pump and temperature switch mounted in diff cover.
Hi Matt,
Thank you for the information and the photo. Why aren't you going to be installing the diff cover?

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Matt,
Thank you for the information and the photo. Why aren't you going to be installing the diff cover?
Nothing interesting, just don't have the time this summer since I have some other things to do first. It takes dropping the subframe, and I want to do bushings also. Last year I had the IR thermometer on the differential I convinced myself the diff cooler is not of the same value as the transmission cooler since I was reading just over 200 degrees after several light track sessions.

You'll need the cover to use the temperature switch - the kit includes a "modified" cover for this purpose.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nothing interesting, just don't have the time this summer since I have some other things to do first. It takes dropping the subframe, and I want to do bushings also. Last year I had the IR thermometer on the differential I convinced myself the diff cooler is not of the same value as the transmission cooler since I was reading just over 200 degrees after several light track sessions.

You'll need the cover to use the temperature switch - the kit includes a "modified" cover for this purpose.
It's a decent sized job to do. Nothing compared to the transmission swap, but still took me a couple days. It was difficult for me to get a good bite with a pry bar on the rear axles with the car on jack stands. That was the one "issue" I had swapping my rear diff out and back into the car when I installed the track pack rear diff cover a few months ago.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
WARNING: Thread Necromancy, but I think this is the most recent differential discussion

Ford Performance posted the detailed instructions, including the wiring harness routing, to go with the differential cooler kit PN M-4000-M8S.

Link.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-4000-M8S
Sponsored