Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Anyone in a warm state run the 1/4 mile yet with the Ford Performance Calibration + FMIC? Some one posted a while back they ran a best of 13.1 on Cobb Stage 1 91 tune with a couple other bolt ons, so I think there's some real potential with the Ford Performance tune combined with the tried and true EB bolt ons.

Cobb Stage 1 91 tune:
graph.jpg

Fox's Beta Ford Performance Cal with FMIC upgrade:

There's no way I"ll get a chance until spring, it's 17F here now :-(. Best I can do is put it on the dyno after holidays so see if the final released version of the Ford Performance Cal puts out numbers similar to Fox's.
This dyno graph looks very similar to the graph on FRPP's website regarding this tune. If you're comparing this to Cobb's stage 1 tune, the FRPP looks to hold the power further into rev range which would likely result in potentially better ET's.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
This dyno graph looks very similar to the graph on FRPP's website regarding this tune. If you're comparing this to Cobb's stage 1 tune, the FRPP looks to hold the power further into rev range which would likely result in potentially better ET's.
Where do you find a dyno graph on FRPP's web site? Can you provide a link?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

Nietzski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
17 GT MT
I'm having the same trouble as swolekat79 in SoCal. Dealers either do not know anything about the tune, are charging a ridiculous amount for the kit itself/install, or stating that they will not honor warranty work if not done through them.

Can anyone who has had this installed in socal point us in the right direction? Thanks guys :hail:

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I'm having the same trouble as swolekat79 in SoCal. Dealers either do not know anything about the tune, are charging a ridiculous amount for the kit itself/install, or stating that they will not honor warranty work if not done through them.

Can anyone who has had this installed in socal point us in the right direction? Thanks guys :hail:
Im from NorCal but if the dealers down there are being unreasonable, start calling ASE shops. Its basic steps to install everything. Plus the warranty work would be done through FP. They just need to know you had the parts installed properly to honor the warranty. Its not like the dealer who installed it would have to eat the cost of something going wrong.
Its like buying a computer through best buy. The computer has a factory warranty. Best buy doesnt eat the cost if something goes wrong just because u bought it from them. Its the manufacturer of the part's fault

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
It's steedagt's video he posted it in his 1/4 mile time thread.

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok, so can anyone tell me if the noise you hear at the 5 second mark is normal?

This is filmed with the hood open about 5 seconds after revving the engine a bit.

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Wow I can't believe the amateur incompetent bs you guys have to put up with in SoCal. It is a SIMPLE install for anyone with a middle school education or above. It helps to develop a good relationship with your dealer and I am fortunate to have one. The service mgr trusted me to install the CAI myself beforehand, then had the master tech check/verify the CAI install and flash the tune. The tech was doing other work at the same time and they billed me only for the time he actually checked the CAI, punched the button for the tune the time or three it takes, and verified the install good to go and finished. In other words, I only paid for the time they actually spent checking the CAI install and typing on my computer... while the tune was loading, he wasn't working on my car and didn't bill me for it. Total cost for install: 1/2 labor and $42. :thumbsup:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Ok, so can anyone tell me if the noise you hear at the 5 second mark is normal?

This is filmed with the hood open about 5 seconds after revving the engine a bit.

I heard that!!! It is one of those things I've heard off and on but could not decide if it were something I needed to look into.

I normally hear it when I in park, give the car gas (rev the engine) and then let off... I don't hear it in everyday driving... except when parking... I thought it was my tires since I'm in a closed garage (and sometimes give it gas since it vibrates off the wall and sounds nice).

I figured it was normally after hearing it... hear all kinds of stuff since they turned off the symposer or whatever it is called.

My install was $220 (with taxes) in MD... paid $530 for the kit from http://www.levittownfordparts.com/f...-ecoboost-performance-calibration-p-3260.html . Dealer installed it, no issue. Can't thank [MENTION=15053]gotboost?[/MENTION] enough for the dealer hookup....

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks. Definitely sounds like the same noise.

I wonder if it's the same sound i was hearing when i test-drove my car last week (when I took it directly back to the dealer after they installed the CAI but couldn't get the tune to pair)?

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
While driving home from work today, for some reason a new Lexus 460L decided he wanted to blow by me. Just to see what would happen, I put it in Sport and ended up pulling away around 100mph. At the next light, he pulled up short next to me and looked at my car. I guess he was looking for a 5.0 emblem. Many folks underestimate this car to begin with, but the FP Tune makes it a real sleeper. Just my 2cents.

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
In case anyone else gets this tune and experiences it, I wanted to mention that I hear a louder, more cavernous version of the BOV thud/vacuum noise while actually driving. Happens (or at least I can hear it) at low RPMs when accelerating (think 2200 RPM range). It's loud enough and consistent enough that I took it back to my dealer. Tech drove with me, heard the sound and checked it out. They say it's indeed the BOV. Assuming that's accurate, it's a direct result of the GT350 CAI and not the tune as it's the sound I heard when they had JUST put the CAI on, but couldn't get my tune to pair.
Sponsored