Sponsored

Flat Rock Assembly Plant Trip Report

Voodoo1796

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS Scion
Bridgestone RE050A's are among the fastest wearing street tires I've ever seen with a UTQG of 140 and lasting at best 8,000-10,000 miles when driven normally on anything resembling a performance car. If you want a certain aspect of your tire's performance to choose by brand as they all have losers in a specific category.

If you want both performance and long life(relatively) I'd recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DW. Mine have near 20,000 miles and still have about 6/32nds of tread remaining. After that you are looking at performance all-seasons like Michelin Pilot A/S 3.
RE050As were OEM on the Speed3. I think I got maybe 9-10k out of the first set before they were toast. I sold them on a local Mazda forum as "OEM Drag Slicks", ended up getting 100 for all for from a local drifting guy.

I had the ExtremeContact DW on the M3. Absolutely loved them for the price point. They weren't Pilot Sports, but they were predictable, had good wear, comfortable ride when putting around town but not too soft when driving hard. The best set of tires I had was a set of Pilot Sport Cups I won in a raffle and had on the 325i. I also had a set of RT615s on the Z...that was fun when the road was anything wetter than spit.
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So my 20" optional will come with summer tires? mmm, i was under the impression only PP came with those. Hope it doesn't get too bad this winter.
Says it right in the order guide in the 20" option. Can't miss it.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I guess mine will be all season tires.
As a Canadian all season is useless (unless you drive a non-perf fwd car).
IMO every mustang owner should use summers and winters. All season isn't good enough at either.

I think Quebec has winter tires as mandatory sales item for new cars.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I asked and was answered (think it was you) but forgot to save the info...Is the 'BEST' Tire The "Michelin Pilot A/S 3" for my situation, I don't care about cost?
Yes Michelin Pilot A/S 3 tires are excellent and honestly aren't really that expensive(less than $300 ea).

I'm well versed in what the Summer Tires are designed for-->:rolleyes:

Not all summer tires are the same. My Conti DW tires don't lose performance just because it's a little cold outside.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks

In my case the PP comes as standard equipment, No choice on the LE, not that it matters, I would order PP anyhow, but I live where the temperature is my enemy.

I'll be using the Summers in the Summer, I need the best A/S tires for the other half of the year.
I guess the question is do you want all seasons or just a set of snow shoes? I had the Conti DWS tires (2 sets actually) on my 2011 that were great. 275 at all 4 corners and the dry/wet/snow traction was really good, I thought. I was making 405rwhp at the time and would only spin in first and chirp in second under WOT.

I've not had a dedicated pair of snow tires, so someone else would have to vouch for those.

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I guess the question is do you want all seasons or just a set of snow shoes?
I'm only concerned about the Temperature, will not be driving the Mustang when Snow is in the forecast...ALL SEASON should be all I need to get around in the long winter's we seem to be experiencing, the last few years.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I'm only concerned about the Temperature, will not be driving the Mustang when Snow is in the forecast...ALL SEASON should be all I need to get around in the long winter's we seem to be experiencing, the last few years.
kinda OT but if you are never planning on going in the snow the pilot sport A/S 3s are reported to have excellent dry traction

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
According to @Fordservice, they are saying the base and prem GT wheels are Goodyear, not Pirelli.
On all the 18 in wheels on GTs I've seen, they've been Pirelli. That's also referenced in the Wheels and Tires subforum.
Gt premiums and ones with the performance package are pirelli pzeros
This is incorrect. All GT 18's get Pirellis.
Only the Performance package cars and the 20s come with summer only tires. the rest are all seasons

summer tires provide the best overall grip and performance even if they are temperature limited which someone getting the performance pack should want to maximize performance of the vehicle... otherwise what is the point of getting the PP. i feel like the 20s could have gone either way but it makes sense to me they are summers

everything else on the mustang are all seasons and will fit your needs

In my case the PP comes as standard equipment, No choice on the LE, not that it matters, I would order PP anyhow, but I live where the temperature is my enemy.

I'll be using the Summers in the Summer, I need the best A/S tires for the other half of the year.
Everyone here needs to tweet to FordService and tell them. I already said we're pretty sure they are Pirellis.
So my 20" optional will come with summer tires? mmm, i was under the impression only PP came with those. Hope it doesn't get too bad this winter.
Hey you guys,

I’m researching your inquiries and I’ll touch base once I get an update.

Have a great day! :thumbsup:

Tricia

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
While your at it "Where's my car"-->:ford:-->:shrug:
Husker,

Check your inbox!

Well your car isn’t in there but your order status is. =)

Sal JC,

If you have an order please PM me your dealer code and order number. I’ll be glad to take a look!

Have a great day! :thumbsup:

Tricia

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Can I get mine too, Tricia?

geokots

Threads