Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT power curves (HP/TQ) on the dyno with Gibson exhaust (video)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Roush over S-Type. The only Borla I've ever liked are the ATAK

Atak sounds like my R/T with resonator deletes except the 5.0 idle sounds better.

BORLA Exhaust for 2011-2014 Mustang GT:

This is my Challenger...the only thing Ill miss is the sound..

2010 Challenger R/T w/ Blastin Bob Resonator Del…:

:mullet:

That was a clown punch... :lol:
Sponsored

jeebuspwnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m3
Hi guys i need someone to calm me down these numbers look really
low. I sold my ls3 camaro to get this stang and i really dont want to believe
the dyno numbers of the new stang. How in the world with a power bump
it shows even lower numbers than the old stang? Ford is claiming the pp equipped gt to beat a Boss 302 around the track, with those numbers i dont
see how this is happening. Ford also claimed better fuel economy for each stang
and that turned out to be not true. Are we being played here? People compare this car to an m4, the m4 has amazing dyno numbers and light weight so there wont be a comparison. Now i m so dissapointed that even thinking the old stang might be faster in a straight line than the 2015. The 1le was faster than a Boss 302 due to better gearing, irs and, big sticky tired even though it weight signifiantly more than the Boss 302. Maybe thats the case for the new gt with the pp equipped gt. Still that drivetrain loss for 435 hp seems so high. Please Ford dont screw up this car.
Here, I'll help ya...We all know what the old 5.0 put down in the GT. Yes, it varied depending on dyno (as it always the case), but we have a general idea. We all know what the old BOSS put down as well. The new 5.0 has everything the old 5.0 had, plus a number of BOSS parts...and as is pretty apparent from FORD it has a few less HP than the old BOSS and a few more TQ. It's like the BOSS for the everyman. There is no way in hell it actually puts down LESS power than the 14 GT...not on the same dyno, on the same day, with the same operator, in the same gear, at the same temps, running the same fuel, etc, etc, etc.

Ford would end up the laughing stock of the performance community if this happened. They would likely be forced to revise their HP ratings and give an apology to owners, potentially offer refunds to owners, or offer buyers cash for their mistake. Just ask Mazda. They did this with the 2001 miata.

Also if I recall correctly, the 15 HP ratings are already certified by SAE so....

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
IVE POSTED this before....here's yall's sex for the morning.

Borla S O/R X with resos.

Yeah, that sounds fabulous..

I can't wait to see what they come up with for the s550. Looks like there is more room, and better stock plumbing. The mid-box (or briefcase) will make for some interesting mods.

Makes you wonder how far SVT will take it.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
The video was so short as to be almost useless.

I'm suspicious of the whole thing.

Time will tell the story.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Hi guys i need someone to calm me down these numbers look really
low. I sold my ls3 camaro to get this stang and i really dont want to believe
the dyno numbers of the new stang. How in the world with a power bump
it shows even lower numbers than the old stang? Ford is claiming the pp equipped gt to beat a Boss 302 around the track, with those numbers i dont
see how this is happening. Ford also claimed better fuel economy for each stang
and that turned out to be not true. Are we being played here? People compare this car to an m4, the m4 has amazing dyno numbers and light weight so there wont be a comparison. Now i m so dissapointed that even thinking the old stang might be faster in a straight line than the 2015. The 1le was faster than a Boss 302 due to better gearing, irs and, big sticky tired even though it weight signifiantly more than the Boss 302. Maybe thats the case for the new gt with the pp equipped gt. Still that drivetrain loss for 435 hp seems so high. Please Ford dont screw up this car.
1. Gibson was never a go-to for Mustang Exhaust
2. Being first to post with shady results...not a good business model
3. Won't be buying their product based on the above.
4. If I was Ford I would make sure they never get a donor vehicle again.

Everything about this is just bad press for Ford, Mustang and Gibson. Way too much riding on this vehicle release for stupid decisions such as this. The internet's allow consumers to talk to each other, valid information is at anyone's finger tips with a keystroke so even the attempt to bamboozle the public is certain death of any public trust.

Dyno's don't lie, but dyno operators lie all the time.
relax.jpg

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
These numbers don't make sense. The Coyote v3 is smack dab between the Boss and the v2, but in this dyno is putting down stock numbers that are below even an 11?

Nope, I don't think so. Nice sound, but I am willing to bet in reality we're going to see closer to 375whp/350 wtq.

However I do think what Dave P said was accurate and our normal bolt-ons won't be as effective. My guess is a CAI may pick up 5 HP at most, mostly throttle response will be improved. A cat-back may net us 15hp..

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
32hp and 34 ft-lbs gained by axlebacks, LOL! "And if you purchase our cold air intake + axleback package, you'll gain an additional 30hp and 25 ft-lbs!"

Sorry, not buying it and they shouldn't be trying to sell it. There were 11 - 14 STOCK Mustang GT's that showed better numbers than the base figures here. I like the idea of the black ceramic axlebacks, though. But, I believe I'll be picking a different manufacturer.
It is not an axle back.But, i assume the claim is still valid.:thumbsup:

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
1. Gibson was never a go-to for Mustang Exhaust
2. Being first to post with shady results...not a good business model
3. Won't be buying their product based on the above.
4. If I was Ford I would make sure they never get a donor vehicle again.

Everything about this is just bad press for Ford, Mustang and Gibson. Way too much riding on this vehicle release for stupid decisions such as this. The internet's allow consumers to talk to each other, valid information is at anyone's finger tips with a keystroke so even the attempt to bamboozle the public is certain death of any public trust.

Dyno's don't lie, but dyno operators lie all the time.

So much for that giveaway system for the forum.:D

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
So much for that giveaway system for the forum.:D
You can have my spot in line.

The only thing that is valid is that it's available in Black, and it exist's, unless someone spent an enormous amount of time photo-shopping it.

Sponsored

whitecomet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sign hondaaaa accord
to many variables.the first run could have been half a tank of crap gas and thefirst run. with the exhaust it could be a full tank of fresh fuel and net more power. i bet the stocker pulls 10 whp less than when it has this gibson exhsut and they overlyed the worst stock run vs best mod run. as for qtr mile with the slight bhp bump weight gain and more loss having irs but lesss squat I bet the gt is the same 12.7 or maybe 12.6. we will see but not to stir the pot I bet when the camaro comes out and throw's a 12.3 the di coyote with 475 hp will step in the ring to compete.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I like the look and sound of the system. If the price is right I would consider it.

Maybe FORD will show us a dyno now!!

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Friend at work got an xpipe and a tune still using original muff and got about 30hp more at the wheels

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I am just waiting to hear my own car when it comes in... if it has a pretty good deep throaty sound I will be happy with it.... if not then it's going to be borlas s type or bassani with xpipe... I've heard the bassani on an older mustang and liked it
Sponsored