Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT power curves (HP/TQ) on the dyno with Gibson exhaust (video)

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone who bases their beliefs on a manufacturers dyno runs before the car is even in public hands should probably reconsider breathing. The fact that this company even posted a dyno run without all variables and displayed their product at this point in time completely loses my respect. Granted if they had showed a dyno run but DID NOT post any numbers and kinda just said "hey listen to our exhaust we are making" I would be all ears.
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
32hp and 34 ft-lbs gained by axlebacks, LOL! "And if you purchase our cold air intake + axleback package, you'll gain an additional 30hp and 25 ft-lbs!"

Sorry, not buying it and they shouldn't be trying to sell it. There were 11 - 14 STOCK Mustang GT's that showed better numbers than the base figures here. I like the idea of the black ceramic axlebacks, though. But, I believe I'll be picking a different manufacturer.
catbacks.

but yeah, seems fishy.

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Well I just have to say that a an axle back does get you some notisable gains in terms of throttle response. I think about 5-7 hp or something like that. pair that with an x pipe and the end result is more like 12-15. This new 2015 Mustang is probably less restricted than my 2011 Mustang GT which was muted in sound and deprived of a few ponies. I am thinking the set up in the video is adding a tune to it as well, otherwise I doubt those are the gains. I am curios how the new 2015 Mustang GT will compare to the current 5.0. 12.7 at 111 is the number to beat with the track/performance package. I am thinking the new Mustang is going to be slightly slower.

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
375hp/350tq seems about no different than what the '14 dynoed am I wrong?

Also, I've yet to hear an exaust on these cars anywhere remotely close to the sound of the '14 with a Borla S-type or Roush catback.
I will honestly avoid buying a 2015 if it can't sound that good.

The new 15 is going to sound about the same I am sure. The exhaust in the video seems to be a chambered exhaust. The 5.0 sounds better with a free flowing axle back such as the one from Roush/Borla/Ford Racing.

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
Well that's just the problem, with the ford racing exhaust it sounded even worse than this one. It had a very poppy and raspy sound. Almost like a 6 cylinder.

[ame]

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
32hp and 34 ft-lbs gained by axlebacks, LOL! "And if you purchase our cold air intake + axleback package, you'll gain an additional 30hp and 25 ft-lbs!"

Sorry, not buying it and they shouldn't be trying to sell it. There were 11 - 14 STOCK Mustang GT's that showed better numbers than the base figures here. I like the idea of the black ceramic axlebacks, though. But, I believe I'll be picking a different manufacturer.

ADD A RICER SPOILER AND GET INSTANT GAINS OF 50+ HP!!! :lol:

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I'm really not a fan of that noise.

I'm more of an underdog sorta guy, not a 'get all up in your face' sorta guy.

Give me a nice tune, some performance boosts, and a mellow grunt. Then I'll just watch as your jaw hits the floor...in my rear view mirror.

My dad had a '79 Econoline extended van when I was growing up. My dad got tired if putting new 351s in it, so got a 460 from an old Mercury in it along with a 410 rear end and 4 bbl carb. He had some nice 12" rear tires on it and mufflers from a Caddy to quiet it down. One day, I sat at a light with a GTO thinking he was all hot shit rev'ing his engine. I could tell he was going to take off like he was at the drag strip. I don't think he was prepared for what happened next. He got the jump on me, but not by much. By 35 or so, I got the upper hand. By 55, I blew by him. By 70, I lifted because I think he got the point. I didn't even need to look over to see the look on his face...

That's what I'm going for with this car.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Well that's just the problem, with the ford racing exhaust it sounded even worse than this one. It had a very poppy and raspy sound. Almost like a 6 cylinder.

That Exhaust Note/Sound is Terrible, Embarrassing & Sickening-->:thumbdown:

Hope it's a Mod gone wrong or Tunable/Fixable...I Love the sweet music emanating from the Borla vs Roush video up above...BTW, I prefer the Borla-->:thumbsup:

Could the odd/bad exhaust sound be blamed due to Ford changing Valve Size?

Boosted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus RS,,
Awesome.
Where is my Stang????

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Dyno Numbers

Awesome.
Where is my Stang????
Hi guys i need someone to calm me down these numbers look really
low. I sold my ls3 camaro to get this stang and i really dont want to believe
the dyno numbers of the new stang. How in the world with a power bump
it shows even lower numbers than the old stang? Ford is claiming the pp equipped gt to beat a Boss 302 around the track, with those numbers i dont
see how this is happening. Ford also claimed better fuel economy for each stang
and that turned out to be not true. Are we being played here? People compare this car to an m4, the m4 has amazing dyno numbers and light weight so there wont be a comparison. Now i m so dissapointed that even thinking the old stang might be faster in a straight line than the 2015. The 1le was faster than a Boss 302 due to better gearing, irs and, big sticky tired even though it weight signifiantly more than the Boss 302. Maybe thats the case for the new gt with the pp equipped gt. Still that drivetrain loss for 435 hp seems so high. Please Ford dont screw up this car.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I missed the x pipe part... 30 or so gain in hp is possible

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
375hp/350tq seems about no different than what the '14 dynoed am I wrong?

Also, I've yet to hear an exaust on these cars anywhere remotely close to the sound of the '14 with a Borla S-type or Roush catback.
I will honestly avoid buying a 2015 if it can't sound that good.

Roush over S-Type. The only Borla I've ever liked are the ATAK

Atak sounds like my R/T with resonator deletes except the 5.0 idle sounds better.

BORLA Exhaust for 2011-2014 Mustang GT:

This is my Challenger...the only thing Ill miss is the sound..

2010 Challenger R/T w/ Blastin Bob Resonator Del…:

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
IVE POSTED this before....here's yall's sex for the morning.

[ame]

Borla S O/R X with resos.