Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Newkidnik, why do you dislike your pp1 so much?
I've had it since the day it was released and I'm happy with it, noticeably more responsive and racier, tires definitely break loose easier because of the extra hp/torque and I'm happy I didn't have to deal with all the pp2 issues for probably not much difference to pp1 drivability and power. Sure after my warranty is up I'll try a Lund or something maybe but for now I'm very satisfied.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Newkidnik, why do you dislike your pp1 so much?
I've had it since the day it was released and I'm happy with it, noticeably more responsive and racier, tires definitely break loose easier because of the extra hp/torque and I'm happy I didn't have to deal with all the pp2 issues for probably not much difference to pp1 drivability and power. Sure after my warranty is up I'll try a Lund or something maybe but for now I'm very satisfied.
I can't really tell much of a difference from stock aside from more dramatic engine braking. I've turned the tune on and off a few times and sometimes I have to rev it to 7200 to remember if PP1 is loaded. It's fine, just not super noticeable to me. For a few hundred more, a tune/handheld combo seems like it would net more.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
attachment.jpg

It appears there is pressure against that connector from the engine cover. I hope that's just an optical illusion.
same thing with mine, its touching but its negligible. Also when the engine turns? the engine moves to its right. so when the engine is revving it probably wouldn't even touch the hose. just imo, ill let you know if i see any scuffs/hose problems

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
attachment.jpg

It appears there is pressure against that connector from the engine cover. I hope that's just an optical illusion.
It looks like there is enough pressure that the connector is even cocked. We all know how fragile that fitting is....

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I got an install quote from a dealer near me that deals with Ford performance parts for $440 for pp2. Those quotes he was given are so far out extreme i laughed.
Are you buying the PP2 from the same dealer you're asking for the install quote?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
UPDATE!

In previous posts I went over my DIY install of the FP/PP2. I'm still very impressed with the product and still have no performance issues. The car is much more fun to drive and I have no reqrets.

I did have an issue with the install fit and finish in relation to the cutting of the hose, and aftefr that, them telling me to hack, cut, grind as required to fit my engine cover back into place. (Total Crap)

After asking you guy's for help and getting it, (Thanks Very Much) I have an update they others might find helpful.

A shout out to members...

Boss603, you were correct. I ordered what I thought was the repacement hose that gets cut for the "T". It was not the correct part. It was a small 1/4" "Y" type fitting that installs at the back of the motor, from the 3/8" line into the actuator. The good news is that because the Ford Dealers computer showing it as the part and it being wrong, they didn't charge me a restocking fee and the tech gave me a 1 foot lengh of 3/8" hose for my trouble.

Wildcatgoal, you were also right about the same part. I ended up using your idea and getting a 3/8" straight connector. What I did was I put the straight connector into the end of the line that does the 180 into the side of the "T". I than put the 2-21/2"section of the cut hose and put it into the other end of the straight connection on the 180 hose, there by lengthening that hose, moving it further out. Great idea brother!

StrongFord, You also had a great idea with the 45 degree fitting from "Summit Racing" I ordered that part as well. It worked perfectly. It clears the engine cover just great. At that point, I took a 31/2" to 4" section of the 3/8" hose the dealer gave me and connected it to the "T". Everything now tucks perfectlly under the engine cover the way it should have to begin with.

To Ford Performance...You could have done this for us. All you had to do was include a few more dollars worth of parts. With out having me ruin my engine cover with such an amature cobb job.

I ended up buying a new stock engine cover from CJ Pony for $90.00. While I was at it on their site I also picked up one of those "Jelly Fish" black covers for the overflow tank.

I also found this cover on RPI for the brake reservoir corner area. Looks and fits pretty good. See photos below.

Thanks to all for your help.
Really great info, thanks [MENTION=9059]TorkN8R[/MENTION]!

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
When can we reasonably expect PP3 to be available - and who will review first? I have been daydreaming about it - maybe get the Ford kit to run out my warranty - if I don't like it get tuned by Lund, and back-flash to the Ford tune a few weeks before the biannual emissions test - just in case...

Sponsored

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
When can we reasonably expect PP3 to be available - and who will review first? I have been daydreaming about it - maybe get the Ford kit to run out my warranty - if I don't like it get tuned by Lund, and back-flash to the Ford tune a few weeks before the biannual emissions test - just in case...
I heard you can only flash the ford tune one time only. Someone please chime in and correct me if I am wrong. I'm also thinking about going PP3 then getting lund if I decide to go with headers down the line.

Boilator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ingot Silver w/Red interior (Navi, GT PP
Update on my PP2 install:

- I have the rev hang only on initial startup with (cold engine). Goes away once start driving.
- I do feel the abrupt deceleration once in a while when lifting off the throttle

- Fuel economy has improved during long haul.
- Before PP2 install - Raleigh, NC to D.C. = 23.4 MPG @75 MPH
- After PP2 install - Raleigh, NC to D.C. = 26.0 MPG @75 MPH

Lator

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I heard you can only flash the ford tune one time only. Someone please chime in and correct me if I am wrong. I'm also thinking about going PP3 then getting lund if I decide to go with headers down the line.
Hmm - I wonder - if once flashed with the Ford tune, could save it to a 3rd party tuner - like the Lund or SCT? I know that seemed to be a selling point for some tuners: the ability to go back to stock. But with so many changes to the hardware in PP3, the FRPP tune would have to be the "new stock".

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
It looks like there is enough pressure that the connector is even cocked. We all know how fragile that fitting is....
Nope! The engine covers not touching. Nope! There's no torque on the fragil fitting. The fitting has play in it. So does the one originally supplied. The slite, if any angle you may be seeing is from the hose attached to it.

IMO...99% better then it was with the ruined engine cover. Its a relitively inexpensive fix for those members interested in not cutting into their engine covers that works as well if not better than the FP instructions. $15.00.

I'm confident that other DIY installers are waiting for your's and the other detracotrs solution. Looking forward to the post.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Nope! The engine covers not touching. Nope! There's no torque on the fragil fitting. The fitting has play in it. So does the one originally supplied. The slite, if any angle you may be seeing is from the hose attached to it.

IMO...99% better then it was with the ruined engine cover. Its a relitively inexpensive fix for those members interested in not cutting into their engine covers that works as well if not better than the FP instructions. $15.00.

I'm confident that other DIY installers are waiting for your's and the other detracotrs solution. Looking forward to the post.
Agreed. Thanks for posting your solution. Goodness...
Sponsored