Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Dude - stop trying to justify this crappy tune. Rev hang and inconsistent engine braking are GARBAGE and counterproductive to any sort of precision driving. Frankly, the rev hang sounds dangerous.

Oh, and the stock tune DOES rev hang. It does it when warm. It never goes away. You're just not very aware of what your car is doing.... obvious by your downplaying of the PP2's issues.

And really? Your suggestion to avoiding the crappy decal is to push the clutch in? So, I'm attacking a canyon run, left foot braced against dead pedal and you want me to push the clutch in every time I lift off the throttle? That's flawed in so many ways it must be a joke. You cannot be taken seriously.
Stop trying to be an ASS. A couple of internet compaints and you know all about NOTHING.
Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Let me point out a few facts:
1) I have stated earlier that the stock also rev hangs just like my 4.3 did
2) i own a vehicle with a vacuum slide carb
3) I own a vehicle with a direct slide carb
4) I own a s550 with the PP2 installed
5) i am not a whiner, suck it up.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
After seeing those install prices I'm incredibly nervous about going to my local dealer and getting a quote, lol. I was originally interested in the PP3 but $4k including install? I'd save up a little more and go supercharged...
I got an install quote from a dealer near me that deals with Ford performance parts for $440 for pp2. Those quotes he was given are so far out extreme i laughed.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I really dont understand how pp2 is messed up for a few people only. Shame really because PP2 is really good on my auto.
Kind of makes me wonder if some are more sensitive to change than others or if their cars have some other underlining issue that is not cooperating. I keep checking the poll and the satisfied/ no problem keeps climbing while the ones with issues has remained the same for auto or manual.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I got an install quote from a dealer near me that deals with Ford performance parts for $440 for pp2. Those quotes he was given are so far out extreme i laughed.
Yeah the dude who was posting the astronomical prices earlier must have an error there somewhere. Just doesnt make sense.

Your price is more in-line with a shop that knows what their doing.

The QUOTE image that I posted had an hour differential there because it was really early on.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Kind of makes me wonder if some are more sensitive to change than others or if their cars have some other underlining issue that is not cooperating. I keep checking the poll and the satisfied/ no problem keeps climbing while the ones with issues has remained the same for auto or manual.
Yeah, again there is something going on. It just doesnt add up.

I read through this thread from beginning to end more than once to try to find the "a-ha" moment but i havent found it yet.

LawsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP
It's flawed but i'm still happy with it at the end of the day. The 2 minor issues I've had only come into play about 1% of the time. NOT that big of a deal to me personally but I guess I could see how some people consider any small issue a deal breaker

Old School

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange MT
It's flawed but i'm still happy with it at the end of the day. The 2 minor issues I've had only come into play about 1% of the time. NOT that big of a deal to me personally but I guess I could see how some people consider any small issue a deal breaker
I agree with you Shawn. My opinion is my car is just way more fun to drive with the PP2 installed! It runs stronger and sound better.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
My verdict after a few months with PP1:

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GET A REAL TUNE INSTEAD

Not worth it ... not even for the warranty conscious people. Just stay stock.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
UPDATE!

In previous posts I went over my DIY install of the FP/PP2. I'm still very impressed with the product and still have no performance issues. The car is much more fun to drive and I have no reqrets.

I did have an issue with the install fit and finish in relation to the cutting of the hose, and aftefr that, them telling me to hack, cut, grind as required to fit my engine cover back into place. (Total Crap)

After asking you guy's for help and getting it, (Thanks Very Much) I have an update they others might find helpful.

A shout out to members...

Boss603, you were correct. I ordered what I thought was the repacement hose that gets cut for the "T". It was not the correct part. It was a small 1/4" "Y" type fitting that installs at the back of the motor, from the 3/8" line into the actuator. The good news is that because the Ford Dealers computer showing it as the part and it being wrong, they didn't charge me a restocking fee and the tech gave me a 1 foot lengh of 3/8" hose for my trouble.

Wildcatgoal, you were also right about the same part. I ended up using your idea and getting a 3/8" straight connector. What I did was I put the straight connector into the end of the line that does the 180 into the side of the "T". I than put the 2-21/2"section of the cut hose and put it into the other end of the straight connection on the 180 hose, there by lengthening that hose, moving it further out. Great idea brother!

StrongFord, You also had a great idea with the 45 degree fitting from "Summit Racing" I ordered that part as well. It worked perfectly. It clears the engine cover just great. At that point, I took a 31/2" to 4" section of the 3/8" hose the dealer gave me and connected it to the "T". Everything now tucks perfectlly under the engine cover the way it should have to begin with.

To Ford Performance...You could have done this for us. All you had to do was include a few more dollars worth of parts. With out having me ruin my engine cover with such an amature cobb job.

I ended up buying a new stock engine cover from CJ Pony for $90.00. While I was at it on their site I also picked up one of those "Jelly Fish" black covers for the overflow tank.

I also found this cover on RPI for the brake reservoir corner area. Looks and fits pretty good. See photos below.

Thanks to all for your help.
image.jpg

Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
StrongFord, You also had a great idea with the 45 degree fitting from "Summit Racing" I ordered that part as well. It worked perfectly. It clears the engine cover just great. At that point, I took a 31/2" to 4" section of the 3/8" hose the dealer gave me and connected it to the "T". Everything now tucks perfectlly under the engine cover the way it should have to begin with.
Glad to hear that worked out. I'd like to see a photo of how it looks now that you re-routed.

EDIT - you posted pics while I was typing. Nice. Maybe a look with the engine cover too?