$500 for half hours work.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
You guys who are sweating the cost to get a ASE mechanic to install, find a buddy who is certified, buy him a case of beer and get er done. I'm going to one of my buddies for my PP1 tune.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I stopped by a local shop and was told they have to "buy the rights to the Ford Power Package" where as the Ford dealer does not. Is this true? I don't even know what that means!

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Ok guys, final bump. Here is the details on the GB PP2. Ends this Labor Day weekend.
The price is $570 shipped.(48 states) ETA was ~9/29. PM "fordsvtparts" or call 1 800 328 9552 or 1 651 484 8888. Ask for Mike R. and tell him Dave sent you.

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
I stopped by a local shop and was told they have to "buy the rights to the Ford Power Package" where as the Ford dealer does not. Is this true? I don't even know what that means!
Sounds like they are full of crap to me. Probably just want you to pay extra money for an install, or maybe they are mistaken and think you want them to purchase the parts for you, which they don't have an agreement to do.

Either way I would steer clear of that shop.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Ok guys, final bump. Here is the details on the GB PP2. Ends this Labor Day weekend.
The price is $570 shipped.(48 states) ETA was ~9/29. PM "fordsvtparts" or call 1 800 328 9552 or 1 651 484 8888. Ask for Mike R. and tell him Dave sent you.
Done and done! Thanks for the heads up, cant wait to get the parts in.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Lets say once my warrenty is up i decide to get an aftermarket tune, but decide i like the low end torque and no lift shift the PP2 provides better. Can i re-flash the PP2 and perhaps bounce between the 2 or more if i so decide? Probably can but just want to make sure.

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
Pretty sure the Ford Power pack can only be installed once. I read people saying when they loaded it and it didn't correctly load, they tried again and it said the license reached it's limit. So they had to contact ford and get them to re release it due to the issue.

In theory you could have 2 tunes ready to install, but the hassle of it would make it too much to do especially the ford PP imo.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Pretty sure the Ford Power pack can only be installed once. I read people saying when they loaded it and it didn't correctly load, they tried again and it said the license reached it's limit. So they had to contact ford and get them to re release it due to the issue.

In theory you could have 2 tunes ready to install, but the hassle of it would make it too much to do especially the ford PP imo.
Well that may change things. Have stopped at two different shops today (locals i know) and neither were ASE certified - Ooof! Really want the PP2 for the price point and low end it provides, as well as other goodies, but finding someone to do it without trying to rape me is becoming difficult.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Did I miss the dyno plots somewhere in this large thread?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
No dyno plots from Ford anywhere ... baffles me why not.
Engine dyno's would require SAE monitoring to show consistent average gains.

Chassis dyno's are very inconsistent and prone to enviornmental and operator error (IE why we get some 375 stock WHP cars, and some that are 395).

Simply put, option1 is very expensive, and option 2 isn't reliable.

Thus, "estimated average gains" is the best they can do. More than likely they took a broken in, healthy example of the breed and did multiple dyno tests (chassis) and then averaged them out and put the "estimated" gains up.

They're legally protecting themselves...not overselling, not underselling..just estimating.

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Well that may change things. Have stopped at two different shops today (locals i know) and neither were ASE certified - Ooof! Really want the PP2 for the price point and low end it provides, as well as other goodies, but finding someone to do it without trying to rape me is becoming difficult.
I feel your pain. Lowest I have gotten so far is $295. I have a mechanic buddy that isn't ASE certified but has some friends who are. Does it matter what they are certified in? I think the one guy is ASE Certified in diesel trucks. Ford Performance doesn't specifically specify...
Sponsored