Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Awesome! Glad they didnt try and screw you over by claiming it was the PP2 install. Relief for many of the guys on here who did their own install. YMMV but heck that's huge.
I mean... it was a $16 gasket and some time to toque a few bolts... so not a big ticket failure. It was extremely obvious that PP2 had nothing to do with that, and those valve cover gaskets are apparently out of stock everywhere... so it's something common going around on the Coyotes. Took a week to get the part in hand.
Sponsored

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Agreed, but catch someone having a bad day and it's a different story, have had issues in the past not with this car though.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Just a note.

I installed my PP2 on my own.

Last week, found oil on the ground & driver side pipes (40,000 miles on odo).

Took it in to the dealership (1 block away) and they found a loose valve cover and bad gasket.

100% covered by the 5yr/60k Powertrain warranty.
Ditto for the head gasket leaking oil onto driver's side exhaust manifold, was replaced under warranty this spring at around 25,000.

Wanka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt Convertible
People;
I am interested in the PP2, however I understand that it effects the sound of the car. I want to keep the car more subdued, I like the old school rumble but I don't want to annoyed by the sound. Does installing the PP2 increase the sound level both inside and outside the car? I was thinking of a slight increase in volume through a axle back, maybe a "touring" exhaust but I wouldn't do this if the PP2 already increases the volume.
If the increase is too much maybe I'll just consider the PP1.

Thanks..

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Mines "Louder" but it's not "changing the exhaust" louder. I think those are unequal comparisons.

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
People;
I am interested in the PP2, however I understand that it effects the sound of the car. I want to keep the car more subdued, I like the old school rumble but I don't want to annoyed by the sound. Does installing the PP2 increase the sound level both inside and outside the car? I was thinking of a slight increase in volume through a axle back, maybe a "touring" exhaust but I wouldn't do this if the PP2 already increases the volume.
If the increase is too much maybe I'll just consider the PP1.

Thanks..
The start up is a bit louder but I don't think its significantly louder overall.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just had the PP2 installed on mine - I think the initial start is a touch more aggressive, but barely so. could just be my imagination. Personally, I noticed a change in engine sound in the mid-RPM range, which I would classify as a bit louder, again nothing significantly different but definitely louder. Not to mention that it just pulls harder :) Overall very happy with what I would say is a subtle change, but very much worth it.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Well, I just went ahead and ordered the PP1 from levittown. I decided on 1 over 2 because I don't much like the GT350 intake (I have one in my garage still from the FP kit for my ecoboost). My dealer will do the tune flash for 1 hour of labor like the last one.

MustangFan27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black PP
The PP1 and PP2 don't look much different when you are looking at peak numbers, but look at the curves. That's why I went with PP2, because although you only get +21hp peak, it solves a 40hp deficit midrange which makes the car scream. You won't see that with the PP1. The catch with the PP2 GT350 filter is: you have to get a filter cover or you will suck up a lot of water. Fortunately, I found one from AirRaid for $25, but PP2 ftw!

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The PP1 and PP2 don't look much different when you are looking at peak numbers, but look at the curves. That's why I went with PP2, because although you only get +21hp peak, it solves a 40hp deficit midrange which makes the car scream. You won't see that with the PP1. The catch with the PP2 GT350 filter is: you have to get a filter cover or you will suck up a lot of water. Fortunately, I found one from AirRaid for $25, but PP2 ftw!
Yeah, looking at the curves the PP1 is about 10hp/tq behind on average. Thats fine as I'm not racing anyone, I'll have PP1 installed for less than $500 total invested where PP2 would have cost me about $850 and I can still pick up an intake tube and maybe install the F150 manifold I picked up a while back. Normally the extra couple hundred bucks wouldn't be a big deal but going into christmas season I need all the $$ I can get haha.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Well, I just went ahead and ordered the PP1 from levittown. I decided on 1 over 2 because I don't much like the GT350 intake (I have one in my garage still from the FP kit for my ecoboost). My dealer will do the tune flash for 1 hour of labor like the last one.
My PP2 was only 2 hours labor. But, I also happen to like the look of the GT350 CAI.

And this was a big factor in my decision. It’s so smooth now, and great for a DD. The price differential was negligible between PP1 and PP2.

On a slightly different note, I got confirmation today from FP that my warranty was registered successfully. Best 2 hours of labor I could have spent, since my car only had 1500 miles on it upon install.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
really? Look at the curves from Motoiq dyno results. Curves are almost identical with small gains from PP2 and a higher overall peak:

23%20-%20Dyno%202016%20Mustang%20GT%20Power%20Pack%201%20vs%20Power%20Pack%202-X2.jpg

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I still think PP1 is the best bang for your buck, but if you want to squeeze every last ounce of power than PP2 > PP1.

Before I get flamed, yes PP3 > PP2 in terms of peak numbers, but PP3 is whole other animal compared to PP1 & PP2.
Sponsored