Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
The previous Ford oil separator was reported by users on here to have fitment issues with the PP2 throttle body and adapter. But the newer Ford version was supposed to fit better. I never tried either. I have the JLT which has no fitment issues.

I'm taking the plunge on PP2. Two questions:

1. I understand that an oil separator helps with potential pinging issues but is a tight fit unless you get the updated version. Anyone have a link to the updated version or part number?

2. I do a few 1/2 mile events a year. Stock on MPSS the best mph I have been able to achieve is 132.88 mph. Any thoughts on what the increase in trap speed will be in half mile?
Sponsored

sr1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Vert
WIX filters are just about the best on the market. Rockauto has WIX GT350 filters for $20 each!

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
The article in motoIQ power pack 1-3 test thread (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92949) mentioned that Ford updated all three power pack calibrations, not just 1 & 2. I just checked and found that indeed there is an update for PP3. (No update was available when I last checked on 6-22-2017.) I just installed it, and based on a brief test drive it does seem to smooth things out a bit.

Sponsored

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
In the MotoIQ article
they talk about the GT350 intake as the "hot air intake". and seems to not like in general open intakes.
But they say that a 87mm throttle body will give the Ford tuners a change to add fuel and timing.

OK, but I can really not fully understand how can there be a benefit of a 87mm throttle body if the opening on the intake manifold is still 80mm?

Also would the PP2 possible give better results if it would have a closed intake like for exp. the Airaid or even the Injen Evolution intake that I think is worth considering.

But maybe the PP2 calibration will not work right, with any other air intake. But maybe you can simply try to seal it up better with some Heat shielding products. and gain something from that.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
So... 1 week after having my PP2 install.
Love it, the power delivery right through the rev range is what Ford should have offered as stock. Although I think there would be more Cars and Coffee exit mishaps.

2 questions:

Initial rev Start up noise has increased, Roush cat back and H pipe install means that neighbours get an alarming wake up roar at 6:30 every morning... is this normal..?

Air Intake temperature is closer to ambient when moving, but I see a rapid rise in temp (according to dash display) when sitting in traffic.. my old Air Raid sat reasonably stable when in traffic. Do other recognize this..?

PP2 was one of the best bangs for the bucks that I have made, that 10% torque increase at low revs and around town driving is so noticeable. The ability to rev higher, with the car pulling throughout the rev range is another massive plus.

The Intake Slap when shutting off really isn’t a problem.
I haven’t really tried the No lift shifting yet, might have to wait until I’m on track next year.

Now I’m thinking of a short throw shifter, to take advantage of that instant power delivery, slamming gears instead of searching for the gate.
Has anyone made this mod after a PP2 install..?

Last edited:

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401a Auto 3.31's
In the motoIQ article i wanna know what it is they are unplugging to enable "dyno mode" i didnt have to unplug anything to dyno my car.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
There is a fuse under th hood you can pull to completely disable advance trac. When my car was on th dyno that's what they did. I skipped a few pages but I'm assuming that's what the article is referencing.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Love it, the power delivery right through the rev range is what Ford should have offered as stock. Although I think there would be more Cars and Coffee exit mishaps.

2 questions:

Initial rev Start up noise has increased, Roush cat back and H pipe install means that neighbours get an alarming wake up roar at 6:30 every morning... is this normal..?

Air Intake temperature is closer to ambient when moving, but I see a rapid rise in temp (according to dash display) when sitting in traffic.. my old Air Raid sat reasonably stable when in traffic. Do other recognize this..?

PP2 was one of the best bangs for the bucks that I have made, that 10% torque increase at low revs and around town driving is so noticeable. The ability to rev higher, with the car pulling throughout the rev range is another massive plus.

I haven’t really tried the No lift shifting yet, might have to wait until I’m on track next year.

Now I’m thinking of a short throw shifter, to take advantage of that instant power delivery, slamming gears instead of searching for the gate.
Yea I had the Corsa Extreme cat back that was pretty loud but after the PP 2 install it was louder and more raspier. I took it out and put the stock exhaust on but cut out the suite case resonator and put a cheap CJ Pony parts H pipe

The AIT do go up in stop and go traffic/idiling but quickly goes down once your moving and getting air flow.

I already had the MGW shifter. Car breaks the tires way easier now. It's easy to get them squealing. The other morning entering an on ramp to the highway the tires started losing traction and car wanted to go a little sideways. Kinda scared me a little how easy it is to do now. Love the new sound with the open GT350 CAI :headbang:

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink

2 questions:

1. Yup, initial cold start is way louder but it seems to make exhaust deeper too. AWE Track Catback and boy that fker is loud at 5:45 in the morning. But it’s the price my neighbors have to pay for me having a nice car.

2. If you’re running stock grille then yes IAT’s are way high in standing traffic. It doesn’t help the stock honeycomb grill has like 4 or 5 actual airflow openings. You can either drill some of the blanks out or swap the grille entirely. I went RTR and IAT’s dropped nicely both standing and humming down the highway.

Good luck and enjoy!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
OK, but I can really not fully understand how can there be a benefit of a 87mm throttle body if the opening on the intake manifold is still 80mm?

Also would the PP2 possible give better results if it would have a closed intake like for exp. the Airaid or even the Injen Evolution intake that I think is worth considering.
The opening on the intake is larger than the Throttle Body diameter. I didn't take a measurement, but I'd expect it to be over 90mm.

The major benefit to the intake is the increased surface area of the filter.
The GT350 CAI also allows air to flow freely through the driver side vent and see slightly lower temps while moving than the stock GT CAI. ...and yes. The stock intake on a GT is a type of cold-air-intake as it pulls air from in front of the radiator. It just has very twisty flow paths and a rather large accumulator to smooth out the flow.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

2 questions:

Initial rev Start up noise has increased, Roush cat back and H pipe install means that neighbors get an alarming wake up roar at 6:30 every morning... is this normal..?
I hear ya... Mine is like waking the dead on start up. Pretty normal.

However, I actually ran into an issue after my PP2 install. I have an aftermarket exhaust (MBRP street cat back) and I specifically bought that one because I don't need a
ridiculously loud ride. I'm 37 now and I'm just over it.

What Im finding is that especially after the install I'm getting a lot of warning's about my DB limits on track and I actually got asked to stop driving at my Auto-x club for
being 101 DB in a 95 DB regulated zone.

A lot of folks are really surprised about that but then again a lot of folks don't track their car or live in states that don't have noise pollution regulations.

The reason I bring this up is that if your like me and enjoy putting your pony on track you might need to think about your exhaust set up OR check out track noise regs.

Have fun out there!

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I hear ya... Mine is like waking the dead on start up. Pretty normal. The reason I bring this up is that if your like me and enjoy putting your pony on track you might need to think about your exhaust set up OR check out track noise regs.
Everything I've read in the last few days is pushing me towards PP1 over PP2 as an eventual upgrade. I love my Corsa Sport, but don't want anything louder and the dyno's are almost identical for my usage.
Sponsored