2016 Mustang GT
And I'm looking forward to that "whole other animal"! :headbang:
Sponsored

Lurad21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
The PP1 and PP2 don't look much different when you are looking at peak numbers, but look at the curves. That's why I went with PP2, because although you only get +21hp peak, it solves a 40hp deficit midrange which makes the car scream. You won't see that with the PP1. The catch with the PP2 GT350 filter is: you have to get a filter cover or you will suck up a lot of water. Fortunately, I found one from AirRaid for $25, but PP2 ftw!
Can you post link and/or part number? Thank you !

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Airraid part #

The PP1 and PP2 don't look much different when you are looking at peak numbers, but look at the curves. That's why I went with PP2, because although you only get +21hp peak, it solves a 40hp deficit midrange which makes the car scream. You won't see that with the PP1. The catch with the PP2 GT350 filter is: you have to get a filter cover or you will suck up a lot of water. Fortunately, I found one from AirRaid for $25, but PP2 ftw!

Surprised that Ford would design the PP2 and not take that into account. Would love to see a picture of your setup. Can you post the Airraid part number. :cool:

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Surprised that Ford would design the PP2 and not take that into account. Would love to see a picture of your setup. Can you post the Airraid part number. :cool:
I thought that myth was busted?

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I thought that myth was busted?
It was.

No water gets on the filter unless you put a garden hose to the vent, block the front intake and fill the box.

Most moisture that enters the box from the vent doesn't land on the filter element, and any moisture that does is quickly shed by the oil.

The minuscule amount that soaks into the filter just evaporates as air rushes past the element... in effect that actually raises compression just a hair.

Now if someone settles for a cheaper "less restrictive" (read: filters less) filter element, there might be issues, but I'd put water way lower than dirt on the list of things to worry about.

BEASTMASTER15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
All I can say is wow!!! Had the PP2 installed yesterday and the animal that's been unleashed is awesome!! Love that mid-range power bump.

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It was.

No water gets on the filter unless you put a garden hose to the vent, block the front intake and fill the box.

Most moisture that enters the box from the vent doesn't land on the filter element, and any moisture that does is quickly shed by the oil.

The minuscule amount that soaks into the filter just evaporates as air rushes past the element... in effect that actually raises compression just a hair.

Now if someone settles for a cheaper "less restrictive" (read: filters less) filter element, there might be issues, but I'd put water way lower than dirt on the list of things to worry about.
Yeah, I was pretty sure it had been. I've had the PP2 kit installed for months, and drive around in Florida rain. It's never been a problem what-so-ever. I replaced the paper filter with the less restrictive Airaid filter and it's no trouble either.

GFJ92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium (Ruby Red)
I've got a 2016 GTPP and I got the Ford Performance PP2 as well. I've noticed the rev hang and pinging that others have talked about, but I've been on deployment for 5 months and haven't reflashed it with the new tune that came out in June. I will do so immediately upon my return.

My question is about the new throttle body because it seems to make a whining noise as it repositions. It sounds like a high pitched electronic noise. I can only hear it with the window open. I called Ford Perfomance and they said it was normal for the larger throttle body to be louder and audible in the cabin.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Got my PP1 put on today, they did it while I got my oil changed and had it all done in less than 25 minutes. Definitely feels much stronger all around and the sound changed a bit too.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Is changing out that paper filter a bitch? Doesn't seem like there is any room for movement once installed.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Is changing out that paper filter a bitch? Doesn't seem like there is any room for movement once installed.
It's not bad. The filter has enough "give" to it. The thing to pay attention to is the alignment tab on the small end of the filter element and to make sure the filter is all the way around the inlet.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in Chicago area have a good dealer reference for PP2 install. Considering adding it on.
Sponsored