2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
I forgot to say, that the pops and bangs on overrun and heel & toe since PP2 install always bring a smile to face. :)

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Everything I've read in the last few days is pushing me towards PP1 over PP2 as an eventual upgrade. I love my Corsa Sport, but don't want anything louder and the dyno's are almost identical for my usage.
Pp2 with corsa sport is just fine in loudness. I run it!

Sponsored

LucaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm having troubles to find a dealership that is familiar with the pp2. Anybody in San Diego Socal area who installed the pp2 at a dealership can indicate somebody who is honest and familiar with the upgrade?

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm having troubles to find a dealership that is familiar with the pp2. Anybody in San Diego Socal area who installed the pp2 at a dealership can indicate somebody who is honest and familiar with the upgrade?
I live in Santee, had CCC Motorsports install my PP3, for a reasonable price too. I’ve had them also install my MGW shifter, Greg is a good guy, very honest, having him dyno tune my car soon.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
Ken Grody Ford I'm North County told me they've installed a few PP2s. They quoted me $300, but then changed it to $400 "because the tune takes so long to upload." When they said $300 I was considering letting them do it. When they said $400 I decided to just do it myself. Very easy job using the written directions and watching some youtube videos.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I'm not in SoCal, but after calling around to a few dealers, I found a few willing to do it for $280+. However, Dallas Mustang was very familiar and is charging me a little less. The fact they were familiar + the slight price reduction is why I went with them.

I'm going this route because I need an ASE Certified Mechanic to install it and to retain warranty on my new car. If I didn't care about that, I'd do it myself without hesitation.

Sponsored

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
Is Levitown still the cheapest ? Looking for the PP1

Thanks

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Just a note.

I installed my PP2 on my own.

Last week, found oil on the ground & driver side pipes (40,000 miles on odo).

Took it in to the dealership (1 block away) and they found a loose valve cover and bad gasket.

100% covered by the 5yr/60k Powertrain warranty.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Just a note.

I installed my PP2 on my own.

Last week, found oil on the ground & driver side pipes (40,000 miles on odo).

Took it in to the dealership (1 block away) and they found a loose valve cover and bad gasket.

100% covered by the 5yr/60k Powertrain warranty.
Awesome! Glad they didnt try and screw you over by claiming it was the PP2 install. Relief for many of the guys on here who did their own install. YMMV but heck that's huge.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I struggled with the decision but in the end $200 for peace of mind was worth getting someone else to install it.
Sponsored