Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
2.0T vs 2.3T
Stock vs stock =Mustang
Bolt-ons = Mustang
3.5 vs 2.3t
Stock vs Stock = Drivers race favoring the Camaro especially with AT
Bolt- ons = Mustang every time- doing 11.7s on nothing but an intercooler, Tune and Drag radials Here

No way are you going to get a V6 Camaro doing that without huge Money. Though I'm sure some fanboy will come in and claim a supercharger kit is a bolt on :lol:

The real fight is the V8s and what Ford does next with the Coyote, The EBM has already won everything below that.
Sponsored

corvettez06usa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Isn't the key here using premium for the 2.3L Mustang to get the 300hp mark? I believe it loses significant power when running on 87. I saw nothing about the 2.0L Camaro's numbers being on premium gas.

I don't like much about the new Camaro, but the one thing I think GM got so right was the engine hierarchy by trim. Ford should have rated the 2.3L on 87 and offer no options, let the V6 be the middle of the road. Although overall 3 engine options is very wonky, especially with the two "entry" options being so close in terms of overall performance and efficiency

Either way, my money is on the Mustang given it's the mid range option with access to GT suspension and brakes while the Camaro is bargain bin.

Last edited:

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
It's looking like the new 4 banger Camaro may get some healthy upgrade options since it shares the same engine as the ATS.

for the ATS 2.0T.
Performance Stage 1: ZZP lists its Stage 1 kit as bringing the ATS’s horsepower up to an even 300, a 28-horsepower bump over the 2.0T’s factory rating. A cold air intake and high flow downpipe are included in the kit, and the motor is also converted to run on E85 fuel.

Performance Stage 2: Building on the Stage 1 kit, the Stage 2 adds an upgraded front-mount intercooler, new brake kit, and high flow cat-back exhaust system. With an even more aggressive dyno tune, the Stage 2 is expected to cajole 375 horses from the 2.0T ATS.

Performance Stage 3: If all goes to plan, the Stage 3 kit will bring the ATS into M3 territory. With 450 horsepower coming courtesy of a ZFR V2 turbo, custom exhaust manifold, Mega Flow turbo-back exhaust, and even more extensive dyno tuning, the Stage 3 kit is Christmas-come-early for Cadillac fans too impatient to wait for the ATS-V.

ZZ-Spec Performance Package: The granddaddy of the ZZP packages, the company is keeping the details of this one under locks. We’re interested to know what makes this package tick, as ZZP claims customers who purchase it will be treated to over 600 horsepower. Consider our curiosity piqued.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/07...orsepower-kit-for-cadillac-ats/#ixzz3pBgaBfjD

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Ford should have rated the 2.3L on 87 and offer no options, let the V6 be the middle of the road.
Except that Ford needs the 2.3 for overseas sales. Don't get confused with the 'Europe chooses v8' crap. The current 'buyers' are all still the enthusiast pre-orders that haven't even all been delivered yet. No shit that most (where possible) are getting the v8. In the end of the day, fuel is till $6.44 a gallon at the moment (and that's cheap). People who want a daily driver and not just a trackday toy, will want the EB fuel economy.

Ow and one more thing, it is nearly impossible to get any fuel under 91 octane (RON95) in Europe.

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the key here using premium for the 2.3L Mustang to get the 300hp mark? I believe it loses significant power when running on 87. I saw nothing about the 2.0L Camaro's numbers being on premium gas.

I don't like much about the new Camaro, but the one thing I think GM got so right was the engine hierarchy by trim. Ford should have rated the 2.3L on 87 and offer no options, let the V6 be the middle of the road. Although overall 3 engine options is very wonky, especially with the two "entry" options being so close in terms of overall performance and efficiency

Either way, my money is on the Mustang given it's the mid range option with access to GT suspension and brakes while the Camaro is bargain bin.
So the eco makes more power, more torque and gets better fuel economy than the V6 but should be rated below it? People are too hung up on cylinder counts. GM is all about numbers, massive 6+ liter engines and such. It makes sense that they would cater to thier demographic who can't understand that when you can make more with less. Mustangs have always had smaller engines than the competition which is why I can't fathom why there is this resistance to the eco being the mid tier from mustang owners. If bigger is better just go GM

Plus I guarantee you those numbers from GM are on 93.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So the eco makes more power, more torque and gets better fuel economy than the V6 but should be rated below it? People are too hung up on cylinder counts. GM is all about numbers, massive 6+ liter engines and such. It makes sense that they would cater to thier demographic who can't understand that when you can make more with less. Mustangs have always had smaller engines than the competition which is why I can't fathom why there is this resistance to the eco being the mid tier from mustang owners. If bigger is better just go GM

Untamed didn't write this! I did but didn't realize he was still logged into my phone from the Mustang meeting:lol: I logged out of his account before I thought of deleting the post.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
It's looking like the new 4 banger Camaro may get some healthy upgrade options since it shares the same engine as the ATS.

for the ATS 2.0T.
Performance Stage 1: ZZP lists its Stage 1 kit as bringing the ATS’s horsepower up to an even 300, a 28-horsepower bump over the 2.0T’s factory rating. A cold air intake and high flow downpipe are included in the kit, and the motor is also converted to run on E85 fuel.

Performance Stage 2: Building on the Stage 1 kit, the Stage 2 adds an upgraded front-mount intercooler, new brake kit, and high flow cat-back exhaust system. With an even more aggressive dyno tune, the Stage 2 is expected to cajole 375 horses from the 2.0T ATS.

Performance Stage 3: If all goes to plan, the Stage 3 kit will bring the ATS into M3 territory. With 450 horsepower coming courtesy of a ZFR V2 turbo, custom exhaust manifold, Mega Flow turbo-back exhaust, and even more extensive dyno tuning, the Stage 3 kit is Christmas-come-early for Cadillac fans too impatient to wait for the ATS-V.

ZZ-Spec Performance Package: The granddaddy of the ZZP packages, the company is keeping the details of this one under locks. We’re interested to know what makes this package tick, as ZZP claims customers who purchase it will be treated to over 600 horsepower. Consider our curiosity piqued.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/07...orsepower-kit-for-cadillac-ats/#ixzz3pBgaBfjD
MAP P1 or P1.5 kit does better than this on pump gas. P2 puts you beyond the limts of the stock block (over 500whp) on pump.for less than $5k
I am really not worried about the 2.0 nor the 3.5 for that matter. Of course there will be a few owners who will strap a turbo or SC to the V6 (Mustang too) who will put down excellent power but those will be rare. In that case I give the advantage to the 3.7 Mustang as it's relatively low compression on strength mean it can run some impressive boost. Which it should given it's the base for the 2.7 and 3.5 EBs

Last edited:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I'm betting that the Stang will get the Focus RS version real soon. 350hp should really wake the 2.3 sales up.

eca77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Qashqai (Bone stock with child seats)
2.0T vs 2.3T
Stock vs stock =Mustang
Bolt-ons = Mustang
3.5 vs 2.3t
Stock vs Stock = Drivers race favoring the Camaro especially with AT
Bolt- ons = Mustang every time- doing 11.7s on nothing but an intercooler, Tune and Drag radials Here

No way are you going to get a V6 Camaro doing that without huge Money. Though I'm sure some fanboy will come in and claim a supercharger kit is a bolt on :lol:

The real fight is the V8s and what Ford does next with the Coyote, The EBM has already won everything below that.
^This, with the EB pulling that kind of performance for so little effort it's a no brainer. With Adam's tune and MAP's P1.5 kit you can't go wrong.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Well the 2.0T ATS has proven to be a real beast...

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

The SS is on 93.

For the T4 and V6 they are rated on 87 regular according to the guys over on the Camaro forum that are on the open roads tour.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
The SS is on 93.

For the T4 and V6 they are rated on 87 regular according to the guys over on the Camaro forum that are on the open roads tour.
275 hp 295 tq from 2liters at >20lbs of boost on 87 octane :lol: You interested in buying a bridge?

Last edited: