Camaro 2.0 or Mustang 2.3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Sorry man, as a guy who bought his first Amercian car in 25 years I gotta say I could care less about the Camaro (or this whole Vs thing). The car is a tard box on wheels like its been since the early 70's. The glory days of Mullets are long gone Chevy... get with the times (the Camaro and mullets just go together). Get the Mustang... its modern and sleek like cars should be. Well done again Ford.
Sponsored

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Sorry man, as a guy who bought his first Amercian car in 25 years I gotta say I could care less about the Camaro (or this whole Vs thing). The car is a tard box on wheels like its been since the early 70's. The glory days of Mullets are long gone Chevy... get with the times (the Camaro and mullets just go together). Get the Mustang... its modern and sleek like cars should be. Well done again Ford.
Let's do the Time Warp again !!!! Holy sh**, man. Nobody would equate mullets with Camaros these days unless they still drink Old Milwaukee or PBR. "Tard box" ?? Are you 9 years old?

OK...How about we stay with old stereotypes and say the latest Mustang is a chick car only driven by secretaries?? Both cars are great. Both sides (Camaro and Mustang) need to stop the blind fanboi bias.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the key here using premium for the 2.3L Mustang to get the 300hp mark? I believe it loses significant power when running on 87. I saw nothing about the 2.0L Camaro's numbers being on premium gas.

I don't like much about the new Camaro, but the one thing I think GM got so right was the engine hierarchy by trim. Ford should have rated the 2.3L on 87 and offer no options, let the V6 be the middle of the road. Although overall 3 engine options is very wonky, especially with the two "entry" options being so close in terms of overall performance and efficiency

Either way, my money is on the Mustang given it's the mid range option with access to GT suspension and brakes while the Camaro is bargain bin.
My guess is Ford was a little hesitant to just go 2.3t or 5.0 out of the gate. That and possibly had no clue just how popular the EcoBoost was going to be.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
My guess is Ford was a little hesitant to just go 2.3t or 5.0 out of the gate. That and possibly had no clue just how popular the EcoBoost was going to be.
Ford was really unprepared for the popularity of the EBM. I have heard that the take rate is now over 50% for Military Auto Sales. Does any one have a link to the numbers for the sales by motor? I can't find any.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
Agreed. IMHO Ford marketing people are not primarily Mustang people. They put a higher priority on pushing the economical ecoboost engines across multiple platforms. The choice to play the 6 down so much was poorly done (an insult to a fine motor). To not properly tune the 2.3T (the most under-tuned ecoboost incarnation) in order to just barely beat out the 6 and keep a mile away from the Coyote was a marketing blunder. If me, I would have definitely put more emphasis on the new Mustang turbo (re-incarnation of the SVO!). Didn't need after-the-fact sales figures to see that one coming. Ford engineering and styling good, marketing bad. :ford:

Sponsored

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
This is the same engine going into the camaro? Oh boy that's going to be funny if they don't get that problem solved
FYI...The 2.0T will be a different version of the LTG engine in the Camaro compared to the Cadillac version.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
FYI...The 2.0T will be a different version of the LTG engine in the Camaro compared to the Cadillac version.
I certainly hope so. Though identical displacement and out put makes me wonder just how different?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Update: met another American guy near me with a 2014 ATS 3.6. He has a diablosport tune, Magnaflow cat back and K&N CAI. We did some friendly pulls on the Autobahn and I can tell you it is no contest for the EBM, he was pulling slightly on me until around 120 kph (Damm automatic in them is good) but after that it was no contest. Not really worried about non V8 Camaros now! GM really screwed up putting the 2.0t below the V6 since 2.0 owners will be owning V6s with nothing but a tune.

Last edited:

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Not really worried about non V8 Camaros now! GM really screwed up putting the 2.0t below the V6 since 2.0 owners will be owning V6s with nothing but a tune.
I thought the V6 camaro was gonna be faster than what was tested. And that's what i was thinking that just a tune, the 4 banger camaro will take the V6.
Interested to see how the aftermarket treats the turbo-4 camaro.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I thought the V6 camaro was gonna be faster than what was tested. And that's what i was thinking that just a tune, the 4 banger camaro will take the V6.
Interested to see how the aftermarket treats the turbo-4 camaro.
I imagine Chevy will do something similar to Ford and put in a restrictive inter-cooler barely fit for the job, choke the downpipe and use a crappy tune.

As long as the turbo doesn't keep blowing up like in the ATS/CTS, The more expensive V6 Camaro my be the sucker's buy.

Sponsored

Newedge713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 ford mustang hatchback
they have tuned ecoboost mustang in the 12 sec it's all over youtube livernois motorsports tuned ecoboost ran a 12.649 at 107.66MPH

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
they have tuned ecoboost mustang in the 12 sec it's all over youtube livernois motorsports tuned ecoboost ran a 12.649 at 107.66MPH

Welcome to last year? Tuned Ecos are over a full second faster than that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Welcome to last year? Tuned Ecos are over a full second faster than that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34251 11.7 at 114 on what basically amounts to a tune, Ic and tires

[MENTION=15821]Bigt84[/MENTION], [MENTION=14513]krahooligan[/MENTION], [MENTION=11572]Tm@c1965[/MENTION] As the only 3 who voted for the Camaro, I'd like to hear your reasoning.
I would like to know this as well:cheers:

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro is way better.
Jk.
I don't ever remember doing this. Maybe I was drunk and wanted to stir up or the pot or voted wrong. Either way. Who cares?
Sponsored