Status
Not open for further replies.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
LOL don't read to much into it.:D I like Camaros. But I hate forum paper racers to death.
I understand. I used to be a brochure racer back in High-school. I grew up (mostly?). Now I just do that to troll/piss people off lol.
Sponsored

1BadAss16CS

Light'em up!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue CS
Again, people here are either dumb or ignorant. A roll race is won by the faster car with driver error reduced to a minimum, true or false? That's the point of this conversation. The camaro is the faster car taking out driver error verse a modded mustang. Faster in the 1/4, track, highway, and anywhere. I won't even get on the quality or interior subject.
You can magazine race all you want. When you come back to reality and get on the road you are splitting hairs between the two cars. You can keep your monster 7.0L pushrod engine to make a few more ponies than the dohc 302. And if you don't think that there are 1000s of Mustangs on the road that can destroy Camaros you're living in fantasy land. And I can careless how its being done... meaning turbos, blowers, tune...etc. I have a few friends with 30 year old V6 GN's that will slap the shit out of any Camaro or Mustang off the showroom floor.... MY point is.... there is no huge performance gain stock. You want to go faster in either car.... just open up your wallet a little. Stock for Stock... Anyone who really races can CARELESS if one car edges out the other. :cool:

Quality:
I have a Cali Special and the quality of my car and interior is fantastic. The redline stitching is great with my leather/suede combo seats. Not sure what exactly you think is so much better on the Camaro? IMO, the Mustang lines, front and rear of the car look 1000 times better than any Camaro but looks are subjective so whatever. But I'd love to hear what you think is so much better quality wise... those huge pillars are awesome on the Camaro... you can probably find after market ipod mounts to install your entire iphone 6s plus inside the pillars. :lol:

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
You can magazine race all you want. When you come back to reality and get on the road you are splitting hairs between the two cars. You can keep your monster 7.0L pushrod engine to make a few more ponies than the dohc 302. And if you don't think that there are 1000s of Mustangs on the road that can destroy Camaros you're living in fantasy land. And I can careless how its being done... meaning turbos, blowers, tune...etc. I have a few friends with 30 year old V6 GN's that will slap the shit out of any Camaro or Mustang off the showroom floor.... MY point is.... there is no huge performance gain stock. You want to go faster in either car.... just open up your wallet a little. Stock for Stock... Anyone who really races can CARELESS if one car edges out the other. :cool:

Quality:
I have a Cali Special and the quality of my car and interior is fantastic. The redline stitching is great with my leather/suede combo seats. Not sure what exactly you think is so much better on the Camaro? IMO, the Mustang lines, front and rear of the car look 1000 times better than any Camaro but looks are subjective so whatever. But I'd love to hear what you think is so much better quality wise... those huge pillars are awesome on the Camaro... you can probably find after market ipod mounts to install your entire iphone 6s plus inside the pillars. :lol:
Sit inside a camaro and you will understand, all I can really say. The seams, body panels, paint, feel of the interior and much more are the quality I'm talking about.

I take boost out of the equation because it is an infinite battle. Any car can be fast throwing enough money into it. Even though the point here is comparing a stock SS to a modded 5.0.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Talk about not exemplifying how you know 0 about cars and your ignorant statement just goes to show that. Sorry that it hurts, but the SS competes with the gt350.
Do you have a gt350? Have you driven a gt350? Have you raced both cars? No you haven't. You know nothing. Talk about ignorant. The SS is not in the same league. Grow up kid.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Sit inside a camaro and you will understand, all I can really say. The seams, body panels, paint, feel of the interior and much more are the quality I'm talking about.

I take boost out of the equation because it is an infinite battle. Any car can be fast throwing enough money into it. Even though the point here is comparing a stock SS to a modded 5.0.
Listen, go play with your match box cars. Go read your magazine articles. You don't even own a mustang let alone a drivers licenses. If you grow up and want a Camaro then go buy one. Until then get lost.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Listen, go play with your match box cars. Go read your magazine articles. You don't even own a mustang let alone a drivers licenses. If you grow up and want a Camaro then go buy one. Until then get lost.
I've owned a 16 GT PP and sold it. I now own a 16 SS. Again you have no idea what you're talking about.
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I've owned a 16 GT PP and sold it. I now own a 16 SS. Again you have no idea what you're talking about.
I own a gt350. Trust me I know. Since you said the SS is a competitive car to the gt350 put your car where your mouth is. Or walk the bullshit you talk.

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I own a gt350. Trust me I know. Since you said the SS is a competitive car to the gt350 put your car where your mouth is. Or walk the bullshit you talk.
Bud, I'm am always open to run a 350. Unfortunately you're not close so I could open your eyes.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Then go buy a Camaro and join the Camaro forum. For one the 16 mustang is not flimsy! That's a joke in itself. Second the Camaro is not built way better. The 1ss, 2ss, 1le etc is NOT competing with the GT350. This has been mentioned so many times it's like beating a dead horse.
How do you know this? The 1LE isn't even out yet. I don't care how much it's been talked about here, the fact is that we have no idea what it is capable of yet. You constantly complain about other people magazine racing and making assumptions without driving both the cars, but it's OK for you to do?

The SS has a long way to go to get to GT350 level, but it is foolish to blindly assume that the 1LE won't compete with it performance wise.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
How do you know this? The 1LE isn't even out yet. I don't care how much it's been talked about here, the fact is that we have no idea what it is capable of yet. You constantly complain about other people magazine racing and making assumptions without driving both the cars, but it's OK for you to do?

The SS has a long way to go to get to GT350 level, but it is foolish to blindly assume that the 1LE won't compete with it performance wise.
Did you read his post. We're talking SS. I'm not talking 1le. As you said it's not even out yet. He's pounding his chest saying the SS is equal to the Gt350.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you read his post. We're talking SS. I'm not talking 1le. As you said it's not even out yet. He's pounding his chest saying the SS is equal to the Gt350.
Read your post that I quoted... you clearly said the 1LE. :shrug:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Read your post that I quoted... you clearly said the 1LE. :shrug:
how does a car that's not even out yet complete with a car that is available now? And he's mouthing off saying the SS is as fast as a gt350. I'm saying it's not. He's all excuses.

Haven't you heard? The Mach 500 is faster

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
how does a car that's not even out yet complete with a car that is available now? And he's mouthing off saying the SS is as fast as a gt350. I'm saying it's not. He's all excuses.

Haven't you heard? The Mach 500 is faster
LOL, dude. You're the one that said the 1LE doesn't compare with the gt350. I didn't even mention the 1LE. You're seriously delusional. And yes the SS is comparable to the gt350, sorry to break the news. There's time slips everywhere, go do your research.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SS does not compete with the GT350 on a road course. No doubt. Drag strip? Not so sure... then again it doesn't make much sense to drag a GT350. I'm not a 1/4 mile guy though. No idea. Maybe that's what he's talking about?

If you're saying that the reason the 1LE doesn't compete with the GT350 is because it doesn't exist yet, then yes, I get that argument.

I am thinking the two cars will be close once it is available though. With the starting price of the GT350 boosted up to $56k+ with the TP added by default, they become two separately price pointed cars as well. The GT350 certainly will have the exclusivity factor for it... and the better motor.

If money was no object I'd take the GT350 all day over the new 1LE. It looks better and sounds better to me.

However, if the performance is close and the starting price is $45Kish on a 1LE, it could put the price variation at nearly $12k+ depending on options. Factor in that the 1LEs will eventually be discounted and it could be a bigger gap. That can't be ignored. This is all speculation of course since pricing hasn't been announced.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.