16 GT vs 16 SS, comparison after owning both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
So far all the youtube videos are stock Camaros.. at the tracks, roll racing, going against a hellcat, etc.

Time will only tell when the Camaros start modding like the 5.0's.

Both cars are awesome, leave it at that.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Most of you guys who are comparing these 2 cars are not looking at the spectrum. Yes the camaro is more expensive. The camaro is way better built than my 16 mustang and not as "flimsy". Interior is on another level on my 1SS, engine stock faster than a 5.0 modded with e85 while I keep my warranty and don't need to do a thing to beat a 5.0. If I feel like modding I also have the potential to tune, headers, mid pipes, cai, PTB, and e85 soon. This car is more expensive for a reason. The 5.0 is a great car as well and is selling due to its price and power. The camaro was built for a purpose and it was to beat the GT and compete with the gt350. Not everyone wants to pay the extra 5k to own a camaro and that's perfectly justifiable.

Also, the boosting argument is for the .1% out the because let's be honest how many forum users/enthusiasts are boosting their cars? Not everyone wants to deal with the headache of issues down the road and spending 10-12k and if they do, good for them.
Then go buy a Camaro and join the Camaro forum. For one the 16 mustang is not flimsy! That's a joke in itself. Second the Camaro is not built way better. The 1ss, 2ss, 1le etc is NOT competing with the GT350. This has been mentioned so many times it's like beating a dead horse.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Not only does the Camaro suck but so does the Camaro forum. All these Camaro guys come to the mustang forum and try to talk shit of why they think the Camaro is so much better. Go back to your forum where you get the support you crave. Talk about narcissistic.
I get so tired of magazine racers, some of you people need a life. Most of you never raced on a 1/4 mile or road course but want to try and prove a point of why you think the Camaro is faster. Prove it with real time slips. Take your ugly 2016 decade old body style, over priced colbalt wanna be corvette Cadillac parts bin car and show us how bad ass your car really is with you driving it. I'll be here waiting.

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I don't roll race. That's for teenagers in Hondas. Muscles cars race at the drag strip. And I haven't lost yet to your so called superior Camaro. Yes I have time slips and videos of me racing and beating Camaros if you need proof. THATS MY REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE. Now what?
I'm not arguing your driving skills LOL. This is a car forum and the discussion is about the specs and ability of a certain car. I have beat ferraris and lamborghinis before, does that mean I'm faster than them? No. No one cares about your time slips to be honest, it's a personal feat and does not prove anything. Roll racing is an accurate display of which car is actually faster taking out any driver mod in an automatic, that is why I mentioned roll racing.

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Not only does the Camaro suck but so does the Camaro forum. All these Camaro guys come to the mustang forum and try to talk shit of why they think the Camaro is so much better. Go back to your forum where you get the support you crave. Talk about narcissistic.
I get so tired of magazine racers, some of you people need a life. Most of you never raced on a 1/4 mile or road course but want to try and prove a point of why you think the Camaro is faster. Prove it with real time slips. Take your ugly 2016 decade old body style, over priced colbalt wanna be corvette Cadillac parts bin car and show us how bad ass your car really is with you driving it. I'll be here waiting.
Talk about not exemplifying how you know 0 about cars and your ignorant statement just goes to show that. Sorry that it hurts, but the SS competes with the gt350.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Talk about not exemplifying how you know 0 about cars and your ignorant statement just goes to show that. Sorry that it hurts, but the SS competes with the gt350.
No it doesn't, not in any performance metric. I have seen maybe 1/2 a dozen Camaro fans just absolutely broken because of the sales numbers. People become extremely delusional when their belief system collapses...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
He's pretty accurate. The Camaro is a gutted ATS-V with very poor geometry for a performance car. The platform is a shadow of its former self, many compromises in order to get a V8 into a V6 chassis. The lightest Camaro in modern history is only as light as the heaviest Mustang and Ford hasn't even begun to lightweight yet.

The Camaro is far more expensive than the GT and honestly, you don't get anything over a Mustang except 1/4 mile claims. The Camaro isn't really that great on a road course anymore and the SCCA is proof of that.

It appears many people are not willing to shell out an extra $5000-$10,000 just to brag about 0.3 in the 1/4...

...and you need an automatic to do that :lol:

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
I'm not arguing your driving skills LOL. This is a car forum and the discussion is about the specs and ability of a certain car. I have beat ferraris and lamborghinis before, does that mean I'm faster than them? No. No one cares about your time slips to be honest, it's a personal feat and does not prove anything. Roll racing is an accurate display of which car is actually faster taking out any driver mod in an automatic, that is why I mentioned roll racing.
Roll racing is just 2 idiots speeding down the highway!

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Roll racing is just 2 idiots speeding down the highway!
Again, people here are either dumb or ignorant. A roll race is won by the faster car with driver error reduced to a minimum, true or false? That's the point of this conversation. The camaro is the faster car taking out driver error verse a modded mustang. Faster in the 1/4, track, highway, and anywhere. I won't even get on the quality or interior subject.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Roll racing is not the indicator of what is faster. Its the indicator of which car makes more net torque. A car can make less net torque in certain gears and still be faster down the 1/4 mile but lose horribly during a roll race. Typically the car that traps faster down the 1/4 dictates who wins from a roll, although not always. Roll racing is all about net torque through the gears being raced thats it. Talk about ignorant.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I just put the F&*King nitwit on ignore. I'm sick to death of these guys. Roll racing?????? That's sh!t the ricer kids do. What's next Radio/Base contests?:tsk:He doesn't want to talk about boosted cars because the Camaro loses that battle. So less than one percent are buying blowers according to him!:doh: Says he handles E85 cars! Our fast list is loaded with low to mid 11 second E85 cars. How's the Camaro6 Bolt on list doing? Another my car is faster stock guy! Well it should be, for the extra 5 grand you paid for it! I bought the nicer car and put 3 grand worth of mods on it. And I'm five and oh VS your four door corvettes. I'm not yelling 1-2-3 out the window like some retard beating their asses either!

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
I just put the F&*King nitwit on ignore. I'm sick to death of these guys. Roll racing?????? That's sh!t the ricer kids do. What's next Radio/Base contests?:tsk:He doesn't want to talk about boosted cars because the Camaro loses that battle. So less than one percent are buying blowers according to him!:doh: Says he handles E85 cars! Our fast list is loaded with low to mid 11 second E85 cars. How's the Camaro6 Bolt on list doing? Another my car is faster stock guy! Well it should be, for the extra 5 grand you paid for it! I bought the nicer car and put 3 grand worth of mods on it. And I'm five and oh VS your four door corvettes. I'm not yelling 1-2-3 out the window like some retard beating their asses either!
But but but, I got this new fart pipe and racing stripe that added 80 hp and if I race from a stop my Civic has so much torque I spin the entire time.

I totally didn't read anything into what started this but all I saw was 4 door corvettes after that.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
The Camaro has always been too picey imo and still is imo.
Bing-GOOO! This is what brought me over to the Blue Oval back in 1989. I was raised around SBC 327/350 and an occasional 427 were the norm for me as a kid growing up. So my first performance car was 305 Camaro - ran like a pregnant pig...I quickly noticed that all the fast street cars were the Mustang GTs/5.0s and they were CHEAPER. Never looked back since I converted over.

On another note I drove up on about 7-8 new Camaros this week-end, appeared to be a club - they were definitely not stock and the drivers were all mad-men, made me think do the guys/Gals I cruise with look like this when we terrorize the streets. Still proud to drive a :ford: Mustang

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
But but but, I got this new fart pipe and racing stripe that added 80 hp and if I race from a stop my Civic has so much torque I spin the entire time.

I totally didn't read anything into what started this but all I saw was 4 door corvettes after that.
LOL don't read to much into it.:D I like Camaros. But I hate forum paper racers to death.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
To be fair... This is the VS. section and it does seem to get heated over here quite a bit. Although there's a difference between useful conversation/debates vs. "Oh yea? Well this Magazine says 'X'."

I've seen the same thing happen over there. Is it more common this way? ...Maybe..? o_O

But I agree that magazine racers don't really help prove anything and usually are people who can't afford either car. THE LAMBORGHINI ____ BEATS THE MUSTANG STOCK! No sh*t? Can you/I afford it? Nope. Then shut up. :lol:

I for one know I couldn't race with EITHER the Mustang or Camaro and hit that quarter mile time in a manual car. I suck sh*t shifting while drag racing with a standard. I've accepted this.

I also personally like the Camaro. However I wouldn't buy the SS or v6 or 4 banger. I want the ZL1 if I ever get one. I just need oil to quit being a pile of crap...

I still want that EB Mustang for a DD though... Hella nice/great price. :love:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.