16 GT vs 16 SS, comparison after owning both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Seriously, Ford could have at least sent them a GT with PP. Who in there right mind will send a California Special to test at a track. Fail.
The comparison was poorly done IMO. If track performance was important they should have had the PP instead of the CS Mustang. If the CS was all they could get, they should have explained that the PP would be a lot quicker, but we could only get a California Special. As it is, the viewer who doesn't know what he/she is looking at could easily be confused by the review rather than educated by a fair comparison.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Also taking a california special is not a good choice for the Mustang since it has skinny all seasons vs the sporty staggered tires on the Camaro.
I like how the driver drift the fuck out of the Mustang and then drive very carefully in the Camaro claiming the Camaro is a way faster car.
I liked how the little F&*Ker had to keep peaking over the dashboard.:lol:The test I'd love to see is the ford racing track suspension and good tires VS. the Camaro. This is the suspension I'm thinking about putting on Momma's GT.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I liked how the little F&*Ker had to keep peaking over the dashboard.:lol:The test I'd love to see is the ford racing track suspension and good tires VS. the Camaro. This is the suspension I'm thinking about putting on Momma's GT.
I second this. FRPP Track Pack Suspension + 285 Rears & 275 Fronts Super Sports VS Competition!

EODgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Base
Cool video comparing the two cars and pretty much echoes the sentiment where the camaro has an edge on performance but gives it up on everyday driving.
This video had me so mad when I first watched it. Why in the world did they not use a GT PP. It still would have been slower but that track time was horrible. Then I read comments on the video and got even more mad. Gotta stay off YouTube comments.

Eagle-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This video had me so mad when I first watched it. Why in the world did they not use a GT PP. It still would have been slower but that track time was horrible. Then I read comments on the video and got even more mad. Gotta stay off YouTube comments.

Honestly I really don't know why they used the CS instead of the GT PP. Ford's decision or the show's choice? It didn't make sense considering the price disparity between the two and the PP would've evened the playing field even more. The big guy's review seemed a bit more balanced where as the shorter guy seemed a hell lot more biased towards the camaro. At least they did point out the short comings of the camaro.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The 1LE is going to run into pricing issues as well.

The best I can do is:

$38,000 for the car
$3000 for the brakes
$1500 for the wheels
$1200 for the tires
$1000 for the Corvette suspension
$1500 for Recaro's
$1000 for the Bose

That's $9200 in options I see listed as standard and I low balled those prices. It looks like a $48,000 package easy and I haven't really figured in anything else.

If this is true, the 1LE 1SS could sit for a long time.

Consider that the 2SS is the primary seller and few 1SS's are shipped. The 1LE option does nothing more than compete with the 2SS's already on the lot, dollar for dollar.

Fact: The 1LE will not compete with a GT350's performance. While it is a dull knife against the GT350, it doesn't mean Ford won't answer at all.

There is still a GT350 inspired MGTR hopefully on its way. As of now, the ONLY performance issue the Mustang has is with an Auto SS in the 1/4 mile and that's it.

The EcoDuke is garbage, the V6 Camaro got beat by an EBPP and the GT only loses in a 1/4 mile comparison. The GT is a superior car in the SCCA vs the '16 Camaro. Then again, the '13-'15 1LE was superior to the '16 SS as well...

...it is the main reason people are not flocking to the new Camaro in competition. The 5th Gen is better in the SCCA... period...
37,300 for the car.
The brakes aren't 3k more than the standard brakes. The LPO 6 pot are 3k for a set plus the ones already on the car.
The wheels and tires will not be 2,700 more than the ones already on the car.
I bet it'll be around 44-45k which will be a freaking steal.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
37,300 for the car.
The brakes aren't 3k more than the standard brakes. The LPO 6 pot are 3k for a set plus the ones already on the car.
The wheels and tires will not be 2,700 more than the ones already on the car.
I bet it'll be around 44-45k which will be a freaking steal.
Also, I thought the Bose wasn't coming on the 1LE, as it isn't on the 1SS and is 2SS exclusive... right?

Pill's making a great case for how good of a deal the car will be when pricing is revealed. Ha ha.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Also, I thought the Bose wasn't coming on the 1LE, as it isn't on the 1SS and is 2SS exclusive... right?

Pill's making a great case for how good of a deal the car will be when pricing is revealed. Ha ha.
I do not think it'll have Bose. But I'm not 100 percent sure. If it's less than 45k, it'll be a steal. An absolute steal.

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Most of you guys who are comparing these 2 cars are not looking at the spectrum. Yes the camaro is more expensive. The camaro is way better built than my 16 mustang and not as "flimsy". Interior is on another level on my 1SS, engine stock faster than a 5.0 modded with e85 while I keep my warranty and don't need to do a thing to beat a 5.0. If I feel like modding I also have the potential to tune, headers, mid pipes, cai, PTB, and e85 soon. This car is more expensive for a reason. The 5.0 is a great car as well and is selling due to its price and power. The camaro was built for a purpose and it was to beat the GT and compete with the gt350. Not everyone wants to pay the extra 5k to own a camaro and that's perfectly justifiable.

Also, the boosting argument is for the .1% out the because let's be honest how many forum users/enthusiasts are boosting their cars? Not everyone wants to deal with the headache of issues down the road and spending 10-12k and if they do, good for them.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Bottom line is who cares if the camaro is a little faster than the mustang, it's ugly and I don't like ugly! Lol

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Most of you guys who are comparing these 2 cars are not looking at the spectrum. Yes the camaro is more expensive. The camaro is way better built than my 16 mustang and not as "flimsy". Interior is on another level on my 1SS, engine stock faster than a 5.0 modded with e85 while I keep my warranty and don't need to do a thing to beat a 5.0. If I feel like modding I also have the potential to tune, headers, mid pipes, cai, PTB, and e85 soon. This car is more expensive for a reason. The 5.0 is a great car as well and is selling due to its price and power. The camaro was built for a purpose and it was to beat the GT and compete with the gt350. Not everyone wants to pay the extra 5k to own a camaro and that's perfectly justifiable.

Also, the boosting argument is for the .1% out the because let's be honest how many forum users/enthusiasts are boosting their cars? Not everyone wants to deal with the headache of issues down the road and spending 10-12k and if they do, good for them.
I love when Camaro owners come over and type this nonsense.

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I love when Camaro owners come over and type this nonsense.
Not sure what the nonsense you're talking about. It's actually been discussed multiple time and I have raced several 5.0's with mods on roll races (which is an accurate display of pure power). I also owned a 16 GT PP which I sold for to buy a camaro. Congratulations, Mario Andretti. I would bet a lot of money if you were given your 5.0 and a stock SS A8 you would be smoking your 5.0 all day.

I know these 2 cars and rather than just putting one on a pedestal or bashing one I am giving my real experience on the two.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red

Camaro fan on Mustang6G? lol

Honestly, I never cared for the Camaro's until I drove a Gen 6th.. I'll give you that, the car is def. a beast with an insane amount of torque!

But, I seen GT's with torque converters, bolt-ons, tunes run in the 11's easily so modded for modded, as of now I think the GT has the edge. Stock for stock, no chance for the GT.

We will see when they start modding the Camaro's..

As for myself, the GT is plenty fast for me and I'm stock. Perfectly happy with it and can give a hoot if so and so is faster. But, I do appreciate the competition since it will only bring out the best of the companies.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what the nonsense you're talking about. It's actually been discussed multiple time and I have raced several 5.0's with mods on roll races (which is an accurate display of pure power). I also owned a 16 GT PP which I sold for to buy a camaro. Congratulations, Mario Andretti. I would bet a lot of money if you were given your 5.0 and a stock SS A8 you would be smoking your 5.0 all day.

I know these 2 cars and rather than just putting one on a pedestal or bashing one I am giving my real experience on the two.
I don't roll race. That's for teenagers in Hondas. Muscles cars race at the drag strip. And I haven't lost yet to your so called superior Camaro. Yes I have time slips and videos of me racing and beating Camaros if you need proof. THATS MY REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE. Now what?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.