Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
No not necessarily. I can't speak about around the twisties because there really is no data behind that as of now. I'm talking about raw speed. 0-60, 1/4 mile, braking, and overall drivability.
Ok well let me get this straight.
You think the SS is faster in raw speed and 0-60/1/4 mile fine that's ok.
But around a road course or braking no way. Everyone knows the gt350 isn't a drag car.
Sponsored

1BadAss16CS

Light'em up!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue CS
Sit inside a camaro and you will understand, all I can really say. The seams, body panels, paint, feel of the interior and much more are the quality I'm talking about.

I take boost out of the equation because it is an infinite battle. Any car can be fast throwing enough money into it. Even though the point here is comparing a stock SS to a modded 5.0.
I've been inside the SS. I don't think its better than my CS interior at all. I personally can't stand the dash layout in the Camero. Also, I'm getting too old to grow a mullet to drive one.

Infinite battle - You said it.

Bickering over Stock vs Stock is a complete joke on either side of the fence. :headbonk:

If you're that worried about interiors and bells and whistles you should of bought a used 2012 E63 AMG. They can be had for under 40k and with a simple tune will walk both the Camaro SS and GT and do it with class. More horse power, more torque, more doors and 186mph out of the box.

[ame]

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
Again, people here are either dumb or ignorant. A roll race is won by the faster car with driver error reduced to a minimum, true or false? That's the point of this conversation. The camaro is the faster car taking out driver error verse a modded mustang. Faster in the 1/4, track, highway, and anywhere. I won't even get on the quality or interior subject.
How about that quality paint job on the camaro?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
This Mustang 5.0 user is the one that kept trying to tell me that an x/hpipe added horsepower to the '15+ GT's. Even after 15 people saying the same thing as me, he still disagreed.

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....That for sure discounts his statements the SS/GT350 are on the same playing field.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
This Mustang 5.0 user is the one that kept trying to tell me that an x/hpipe added horsepower to the '15+ GT's. Even after 15 people saying the same thing as me, he still disagreed.

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....That for sure discounts his statements the SS/GT350 are on the same playing field.
It does add more h/p Todd, about 2-3....I think LOL.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

Off-road X/H pipes do add power.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
It does add more h/p Todd, about 2-3....I think LOL.
Terry Reeves, AKA Beefcake, did back to back dyno testing. It was 1.4hp. Not hardly measurable:D
Off-road X/H pipes do add power.
:doh:....The discussion was not off-road. We went thru all of that in that thread. I will not debate this crap with you. Another member on the block list:clap2::headbang::thumbsup:
Exactly, this guy thought I was crazy. Never said it was 20whp but it does add power.
:doh:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
The power is negible at least when using the butt-dyno, but definitely has the placebo effect that makes it appear that your car is faster due to the increased volume.
Exactly Todd...but I'm a little pissed because I was told 2-3, I know Terry is reputable but I'm leaving 2 h/p somewhere on the table man lolz!

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Terry Reeves, AKA Beefcake, did back to back dyno testing. It was 1.4hp. Not hardly measurable:D

:doh:....The discussion was not off-road. We went thru all of that in that thread. I will not debate this crap with you. Another member on the block list:clap2::headbang::thumbsup:

:doh:
The argument was an aftermarket Xpipe from magnaflow, mbrp, or any of those brands which is off-road. Most people who upgrade get them catless which make it off-road. Not going to argue with you because this is a widely known fact that OR xpipe is a power adder.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
On the S550s the cats are attached to the stock or aftermarket headers, not like the h/X pipes that were made for the Fox-bodies...you could go cat less or p/u a pair that had hi-flo cats.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Is this your whole complaint all along? 1/4 times to the gt350?
This is the backward thinking you have to deal with from chevy fan boys. In one breathe he wants to discount the fact that no Camaro has beat me in a drag race. In the next breathe he want to claim victory in a drag race VS. a GT350???:confused: Mainly because he read it somewhere!:doh:I recommend he tries one of his ricer roll races against a GT350 and see how it works out.;)

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
I'm confused is he not an owner of a Mustang?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.