Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
If Ford was smart, they'd get the 10 speed in for MY '17. That would bring not only MPG gains but also speed gains in the automatic to compete with the SS. Pair that with the fascia update to be more aggressive and I think that's enough.

Then in MY '18 come out with the new engine upgrade to either 5.2 or more HP and get a special edition 3.5 EB out and upgrade the 2.3 to Focus RS power.
I agree 100% especially because most of the difference between the RS and EBM is just the tune!
A 5.2 V8 of around 475+ hp would open up the gap enough to put the Lincoln 3.5 EB in the middle with 400/400, that would be the car I would buy!:love: Imagine what it would put out with an Adam tune!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
It's coming. I remember seeing an article that Ford will be selling GT350 stand alone parts now.
Ford should bring down the NPP and MR from the GT350 and put them as options on the GT. Would then add 2 features the SS has over the GT and bring them closer to options.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
And closer in price. Which is what Ford does not want to do right now.
This is the killer. If Ford makes all of these changes in a refresh. Updated power, new transmission, new aluminum, etc; expect the price of this vehicle to skyrocket.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
For the mentioned increase in power and decrease in weight, even $650 to $995 would be acceptable to me. All this will probably be in the 2017 Mustang to keep it competitive.
How much must we pay today to obtain 50 more horsepower?

Sponsored

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
This is the killer. If Ford makes all of these changes in a refresh. Updated power, new transmission, new aluminum, etc; expect the price of this vehicle to skyrocket.
I don't believe the price would rise that badly. The 10 speed is going to be introduced in the F-150 soon. That should help mitigate the price quite a bit as well as using the F-150's digital gauge cluster.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Was not aware of the 10 sp for the truck line. So for the aluminum changes and the power increase, lets figure about $500 to $600. Currently, the Mustang presents are strategic value for the public and a profit making machine for Ford. Most importantly, it is the 'halo' vehicle for Ford which is most valuable for its image.

P.S. As for the 10 speed....I remember as a teen, my older friend had a new 1964 Pontiac GTO that had a TWO speed automatic. The only things that had 10 speeds were "English racingr" bicyles! His Goat cost $3,200. new with a 12 months GM warranty. When you opened either door, on the jamb was a blue metal tag that had large 'GM' letters and underneath it said, "Mark of Excellence."

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The only thing Ford is going to do with aluminum is the deck lid/trunk. That's been made but they decided not to add it due to cost at the time. You wont see any other changes probably till G7 with aluminum.

Transmission is most likely the next thing with the fascia/rear deck.

Engine options prob in MY'18 would be my guess.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
My guess is that Camaro sales will influence the speed of Mustang enhancements.
Ford likes being #1 in sales and I believe they will massage the Mustang to maintain the title position.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The only thing Ford is going to do with aluminum is the deck lid/trunk. That's been made but they decided not to add it due to cost at the time. You wont see any other changes probably till G7 with aluminum.

Transmission is most likely the next thing with the fascia/rear deck.

Engine options prob in MY'18 would be my guess.
Ford also did aluminum door shells for the S550 but didn't put them into production with the decklid I'm guessing because they felt they could hit their weight goal without it.

With the F150 going all aluminum and the F250/350 as well, Ford's really going heavy into aluminum body construction.

After the doors and decklid only the quarter panels and roof would be left in steel.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
How much weight is an aluminum trunk lid going to save? Maybe 30 pounds? I'm sure that'll get the Mustang GT down to 12.5 1/4 mile.

Less than that, maybe 10lbs.

Doors +decklid= 65ish lbs

Doors+decklid+roof=100ish lbs

Doors+decklid+roof+ quarter panels=130ish lbs.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
The camaro performance #'s didn't impress me to much untill the official regular gt350 performance #'s came out today. What impresses me even more is the gt350 needs Michelin pilot super sport tires while the Camaro does its deed on lesser run flats.
All the numbers are just purely bragging rights though...Realistically both cars will drive around the streets day to day and never be pushed more that the odd WOT every now and then...BOTH do what they do very well...

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
All the numbers are just purely bragging rights though...Realistically both cars will drive around the streets day to day and never be pushed more that the odd WOT every now and then...BOTH do what they do very well...

Well said. I agree.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I sold cars for many years and NEVER had a buyer ask, what's the cars best lap time around xxx track or what's the quarter mile times? OR what tyres it used to do it? ...you buy a car because A) you love the look of it, its stirs the soul (like a woman...If they're ugly and don't attract you who cares what her personality is like) then B) if they like the look of it you go for a drive they love the growl, the grunt and they feel awesome behind the wheel...They then don't want to go home without it....All these people hung up on numbers, weights which manufacturer has the number game edge etc...REALLY? Is that what makes your purchasing decision? Cars to me have to ignite something inside my soul...It has to be something I fall in love with and can't go home without owning one.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.