Sponsored

C6 z06 vs gt350

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Watered down? Please tell me more about how cars used to perform better!
Sponsored

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Which is the overwhelming majority of people. Car manufacturers cannot cater to the less 1 percent of the people who want a car that goes in the 6s haha.
What makes you think thats the majority of people though? Considering the majority are buying the V6 or I4 versions, i'd say most of them experience the power at the top of the powerband right? I prefer the coyote's powerband over the LT1. I'm sure a ton of people would like to rev to 7500+ :cheers:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
What makes you think thats the majority of people though? Considering the majority are buying the V6 or I4 versions, i'd say most of them experience the power at the top of the powerband right? I prefer the coyote's powerband over the LT1. I'm sure a ton of people would like to rev to 7500+ :cheers:
My quote was from the DI comment. I find the coyote power band enjoyable. I just like LT1's more. DI is happening.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The c6z is definitely ahead of the two. 125 traps tells all. the gt350 is around 118-120? I have a c4 zr1 with headers and have already pulled a co-workers gt350 not too shabby for a 25 year old car :D There is some room for coyote to up the power but the ls7 is a huge displacement platform for some major gains from minor bolt ons. No replacement for displacement as they say.

Even so, I love the gt350. phenomenal car and yes I would have one over a c6z any day of the week ! Im a dohc High rpm guy.. the reason I bought a c4 zr-1 with the dohc Lotus v-8 over a c5 or c6 :)

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
After owning numerous models of each... Mustang people > Corvette people, generally speaking, lol. However, the woman prefer the lines of a Vette more then a stang. So, depending on your sex life the better car is subjective!

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
After owning numerous models of each... Mustang people > Corvette people, generally speaking, lol. However, the woman prefer the lines of a Vette more then a stang. So, depending on your sex life the better car is subjective!
Lol ! I personally consider automotive enthusiasts with no brand loyalty > all !!

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
The c6z is definitely ahead of the two. 125 traps tells all. the gt350 is around 118-120? I have a c4 zr1 with headers and have already pulled a co-workers gt350 not too shabby for a 25 year old car :D There is some room for coyote to up the power but the ls7 is a huge displacement platform for some major gains from minor bolt ons. No replacement for displacement as they say.

Even so, I love the gt350. phenomenal car and yes I would have one over a c6z any day of the week ! Im a dohc High rpm guy.. the reason I bought a c4 zr-1 with the dohc Lotus v-8 over a c5 or c6 :)
Did the 350 know you were trying? Headers aren't going to make a 13.3 turn into a 12.3

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Did the 350 know you were trying? Headers aren't going to make a 13.3 turn into a 12.3
13.3 !:lol: that's a 91 at 375 hp mine is the later 94 with 405. Huge disparity in track times and acceleration results from back in the day. Even some mags tested it with the power key off not knowing it was only 210 hp and they barely beat the 90 Vettes in a drag race limited to half the runners and injectors !

he's a co worker and we did several pulls I just wish I had my go pro. I wasn't anticipating him bringing his new car to work our last day before the holidays since it was nice out and I had to drive the z because my GT was in pieces in the garage doing coilovers and other mods. It wasn't a blowout or anything but an easy pull that just got worse the faster we went. I do have a intake which arguably adds nothing, long tubes catted to corsa and a retune upping the factory limit to 7700 and my plenum has been slightly enlarged (2mm). So definitely not shocked and we both expected that given I've trapped 122 mph. Dam things sounds nasty and I so wish I had my go pro and suction mount to hear both motors screaming over 7500 rpms !!

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Its not the lines. Women think men with more expensive cars have more disposable income. And they wanna help dispose of it.

Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Its not the lines. Women think men with more expensive cars have more disposable income. And they wanna help dispose of it.
Well whatever the reason, women flocked to my Z's. I've never bought a car for any other purpose then for myself, true car junkie, but women walked circles around the Z's while the boyfriend/husband stayed back. They'd pull up beside, honk, wave, do stupid shit. Mustang is more of a "guys" car, the girls would sit back while the bf/husband walked circles around a Mustang and showed their appreciation. That could just be my experience, but I've had 2 Z's and 6 Mustangs, haha.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Watered down? Please tell me more about how cars used to perform better!
You arent looking at what the limts of DI are. Like i said most people dont know what they are actually asking for. It is not performance oriented fuel system. Its inferior.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I want a v8. In order for that to happen, it needs to meet the CAFE requirements, which means low PPM, which necessitates DI. I'm betting Ford will do PFDI but the pfi only days are coming to an end. At least be glad you can still buy a gas engine. If Tesla and all them have their way, you'd be riding (not driving) an electric car and that's it.
Im aware of what our worthless president has pushed. Elon and all his buddies can piss off. :lol:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You think your V8 has power everywhere? :p
No but i mod my cars to an extent that it wouldnt hang 0-60 or anything after. :D. Even my dd sti smacked one down a p85d from stop light to stop light. No its not remotely stock
Sponsored