Sponsored

C6 z06 vs gt350

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
You arent looking at what the limts of DI are. Like i said most people dont know what they are actually asking for. It is not performance oriented fuel system. Its inferior.
I am aware that DI has its limits. But 99.9 percent of all people are not going to be modding their cars to the level you are talking about. So car makers are making the cars better for 99.9 percent of us.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I am aware that DI has its limits. But 99.9 percent of all people are not going to be modding their cars to the level you are talking about. So car makers are making the cars better for 99.9 percent of us.
You think its better. Just wait. Wait til it breaks. Wait til the cleaning costs pops up. Any savings you saw at the pump will go toward the inevitable, stupid expensive cleaning. Guess what? That savings doesnt even cover the cost. So now you have another maintenance requirement. Wait til the injectors fail. They dont last as long as traditional ones. Those arent cheap either. Di neuters a vehicle. It isnt some great thing like you think. You keep insisting its better. It is not better for anyone. It is 100% inferior til pumps are bigger and more durable as well as the injectors themselves. Also until carbon is a non issue and part prices drop.

Di is soley the worst thing to hit the automotive industry in the past 35ish years.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
You think its better. Just wait. Wait til it breaks. Wait til the cleaning costs pops up. Any savings you saw at the pump will go toward the inevitable, stupid expensive cleaning. Guess what? That savings doesnt even cover the cost. So now you have another maintenance requirement. Wait til the injectors fail. They dont last as long as traditional ones. Those arent cheap either. Di neuters a vehicle. It isnt some great thing like you think.
Of course it is going to break. Eventually. My MRC will go out eventually too. Those way more expensive than the stock shocks. I am not looking at the costs after a ton of miles. It makes more power and is more efficient out of the box. I am not looking to mod the car like you, and neither are the rest of the 99.9 percent of us haha. The Mustang will have it in a few years. It is going to happen. Everyone will have it. If it was sooooooo bad, no one would be doing it.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Im aware of what our worthless president has pushed. Elon and all his buddies can piss off. :lol:
Yeah, I'd rather not be like China. Have you been there in the smog? I have. No thanks. I'll take some emission requirements. But this convo is going into a political realm, and I'd rather not be modded.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Of course it is going to break. Eventually. My MRC will go out eventually too. Those way more expensive than the stock shocks. I am not looking at the costs after a ton of miles. It makes more power and is more efficient out of the box. I am not looking to mod the car like you, and neither are the rest of the 99.9 percent of us haha. The Mustang will have it in a few years. It is going to happen. Everyone will have it. If it was sooooooo bad, no one would be doing it.
Im talking even stock. Di fuel systems are not relaible. You will have cost issues out the ass. The cleaning being the biggest cost over average ownership duration. The manufacturers are trying to keep the issues eith the system as a whole secret the best they can. You want to argue about something you have zero experience with. . Hell the techs at ever manufacturer hate the fuel set up. I have a friend at just about most dealer brands that share their DI woes. I cant think of a single di engine not having issues. I work on the junky system daily damn near. The manufacturers dont want it They just are having a hard time because of irrational epa standards. For the topic of power, it doesn't make more power. Emissions is all its about. Port makes the same power but not while passing emissions standards.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Im talking even stock. Di fuel systems are not relaible. You will have cost issues out the ass. The cleaning being the biggest cost over average ownership duration. The manufacturers are trying to keep the issues eith the system as a whole secret the best they can. You want to argue about something you have zero experience with. . Hell the techs at ever manufacturer hate the fuel set up. I have a friend at just about most dealer brands that share their DI woes. I work on the junky system daily damn near. The manufacturers dont want it They just are having a hard time because of irrational epa standards. For the topic of power, it doesn't make more power. Emissions is all its about. Port makes the same power but not while passing emissions standards.
Not going into the political argument but would you rather have no emissions and no MPG standard? If so, we will not agree on this haha.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah, I'd rather not be like China. Have you been there in the smog? I have. No thanks. I'll take some emission requirements. But this convo is going into a political realm, and I'd rather not be modded.
No one said to be like china. But DI isnt needed to not be like china. Im not afraid of politics. I do my homework. But i dont believe in being politically correct either.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Not going into the political argument but would you rather have no emissions and no MPG standard? If so, we will not agree on this haha.
Even without fossil fuels, we will exceed our 565 gigatonnes CO2e limit by 2030, all from raising animals. Zayne did you know that cows produce between 250 and 500 liters of methane every day? Methane is 25-100 times more destructive than CO2 on a 20 year time frame. But the epa has more interest in automobiles then dealing with where their money is made. I dont think we should have no standards. But these ridiculous standards dont need to be in the automotive world. The ridiculous consumption of meat going up every year is the smoking gun.

Heres a nice link for you.
http://www.worldwatch.org/node/6294

A widely cited 2006 report by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, Livestock's Long Shadow, estimates that 18 percent of annual worldwide GHG emissions are attributable to cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats, camels, pigs, and poultry. But recent analysis by Goodland and Anhang finds that livestock and their byproducts actually account for at least 32.6 billion tons of carbon dioxide per year, or 51 percent of annual worldwide GHG emissions.
Thats just from 2011 findings. No im not vegan or vegetarian

Oldbones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Interesting results from your race with a C6Z06. I thought it would be close from speculation. A couple mods and you'll run right with him. I have a 2012 GT with baby CJ cams and a CJ intake. I raced a stock C6ZO6 from a 60 roll to a 130ish and pulled him by a 1 car. My car is a little lighter (3420lbs without me) and makes 466rwhp on 91oct. I have poor video of it, but I know mustang6g doesn't allow street videos.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Even without fossil fuels, we will exceed our 565 gigatonnes CO2e limit by 2030, all from raising animals. Zayne did you know that cows produce between 250 and 500 liters of methane every day? Methane is 25-100 times more destructive than CO2 on a 20 year time frame. But the epa has more interest in automobiles then dealing with where their money is made. I dont think we should have no standards. But these ridiculous standards dont need to be in the automotive world. The ridiculous consumption of meat going up every year is the smoking gun.

Yes I absolutely agree, but just because something else is bad, doesn't give us the right to ignore carbon emissions.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I never suggested to ignore it. We do not need direct injection. I stand by what i said. These curremt epa standards on automobiles is absurd.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
If you pulled ahead of him by a car then he sucked you up past a certain speed that sounds like strictly aerodynamics at play here.

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape

I hope your don't think the feds should control how many burgers/steaks I'm allowed to eat.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I hope your don't think the feds should control how many burgers/steaks I'm allowed to eat.
There is other things to eat besides excessive amounts of dairy and meat. Your argument is invalid. Im not saying people shouldn't eat dairy or meat, however the current American diet consumes an extreme amount of both. Far more then required. Its clearly having an effect on peoples health as well as our planet. The point is, putting obsurd restrictions in the automotive industry is ridiculous. The agricultural issue from farms is the smoking gun. Not the junk (automobiles) they pretend makes a bit of difference.

It makes me angry, they are dragging down performance in the sake of pollution for something that wont make an actual difference. We can control that but cant reduce peoples intake on certain foods? We can raise cigarette taxes but cant do something about this? No i dont smoke. I just find the whole car emissions stuff to be bullshit.

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
There is other things to eat besides excessive amounts of dairy and meat. Your argument is invalid. Im not saying people shouldn't eat dairy or meat, however the current American diet consumes an extreme amount of both. Far more then required. Its clearly having an effect on peoples health as well as our planet. The point is, putting obsurd restrictions in the automotive industry is ridiculous. The agricultural issue from farms is the smoking gun. Not the junk (automobiles) they pretend makes a bit of difference.
I didn't make an argument as to whether there should be restrictions or not. Was just asking if that's what you were implying. The restrictions on automobiles should be relaxed. And there should be no restrictions on the amount of dairy or meat an individual can consume.
Sponsored