ZL1addons splitter extension

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Has anyone here installed the ZL1 Add-Ons Splitter Extension?

https://zl1addons.com/products/mustang-splitter-ext

Is there a concern about it pulling the bumper off or deforming the bumper at high speeds on the track? Doesn't seem like it but some people have reported issues with products like the APR splitter.? Doesn't seem like it but some people have reported issues with products like the APR splitter.
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Ha I swear you always seem to do modifications that I have on my todo/wish list. I am looking to pick one up hopefully by the end of the month(with the side extensions too) but I see @valentinoamoro has it (per his signature) so he can chime in.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Ha I swear you always seem to do modifications that I have on my todo/wish list. I am looking to pick one up hopefully by the end of the month(with the side extensions too) but I see @valentinoamoro has it (per his signature) so he can chime in.
Hehe. Great minds think alike I guess! Lol
Btw, we should get together man. You going to do the full body kit - side extensions and the rear extension?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Hehe. Great minds think alike I guess! Lol
Btw, we should get together man. You going to do the full body kit - side extensions and the rear extension?
Haha yeah I guess so but I like it that way so I can "try before I buy". I was thinking the same to put a face with a name at least when you were in my neck of the woods getting work done at JPC a few months ago.
I hope to find a premium bumper that isn't damaged and when I do that I will get the rear but I'll go with the front and sides for now.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Haha yeah I guess so but I like it that way so I can "try before I buy". I was thinking the same to put a face with a name at least when you were in my neck of the woods getting work done at JPC a few months ago.
I hope to find a premium bumper that isn't damaged and when I do that I will get the rear but I'll go with the front and sides for now.
Nice dude! Let me know how you get on with it. If I end up getting this splitter extension I might mount some support rods to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
is there a good source for those? I have the splitter sitting in a box. ideally to be installed this week.
You can buy them at several places I'm sure. ZL1 addons has "GT4" splitter rods that you could take a look at. They appear pretty beefy.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Are there any full-on shots of the ZL1 bodykit plus rock guards on a car to see what it looks like as a complete set?

takzGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
in regards to this there will always be a chance that it can ruin your bumper. there are a few pages here with pics where it has happened. since you just have it bolted to the bottom of your bumpers chin and the belly pan theres a "chance" that it may come off in high speeds (ive seen pics even with rods installed this can happen) i have a splitter with rods on mine and i notice a small gap from my bumper to the chin. i dont have a pic right now but i can take one and post later.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
in regards to this there will always be a chance that it can ruin your bumper. there are a few pages here with pics where it has happened. since you just have it bolted to the bottom of your bumpers chin and the belly pan theres a "chance" that it may come off in high speeds (ive seen pics even with rods installed this can happen) i have a splitter with rods on mine and i notice a small gap from my bumper to the chin. i dont have a pic right now but i can take one and post later.
Do you have the rods mounted to the crash bar? Yes please do share a pic if you can.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
It would also be interesting to notice if (on car's this happened to) did it just pull it down slightly, or did it actually rip the bumper off. Important distinction.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to augment the RivNuts with 3M double-sided tape. The generated aero isn't supposed to be all that much (20lbs at 100mph?). Maybe @SteedaTech can publish some numbers from their 'Q' car? APR Performance for example makes no claims on observed force. (ed. WTH not?)

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I plan to augment the RivNuts with 3M double-sided tape. The generated aero isn't supposed to be all that much (20lbs at 100mph?). Maybe @SteedaTech can publish some numbers from their 'Q' car? APR Performance for example makes no claims on observed force. (ed. WTH not?)
ZL1 addons emailed me back yesterday. Said they measured in the order of 70-80 lbs at 80mph.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Shame that it bends the front bumper. Not something I want when a common theme with S550s is terrible factory panel fitment and paint. I like the look of the ZL1 stuff but maybe I'll just stick to rock guards.

takzGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Do you have the rods mounted to the crash bar? Yes please do share a pic if you can.
No its not mounterd on the crash bar. its just drilled to the bumper just like everyone else.
Sponsored